Sign in to follow this  
DestinationBrideApril08

Punta Cana Photographers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
Ocean Sand/Blue. SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!
Awesome! I've seen a lot of stuff on other forums about that resort, so you are lucky to be able to find photog pics, etc.

My resort has very few brides who post info ... so that kinda sucks, but it makes me think that hopefully there aren't a ton of weddings there ... so hopefully I'll be the only one on my big day! :-)

really your best bet is to find one from the states. you will atleast know that you two can communicate. and you will have the photographer for more then 3 hours. it will usually cost more but when you break down what you are getting its so worth it. have them come out a couple days and you can get several days worth of photography and remember all the other times. my advise is to also talk to them on the phone if they arent someone you can meet in person. make sure you click with them personality wise and that they arent boring. the photographer is going to be with you for quite a while. last thing you want is someone who annoys you wink.gif

PS. i made a new signature image. can everyone see that okay or are the images too small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-marcus View Post
really your best bet is to find one from the states. you will atleast know that you two can communicate. and you will have the photographer for more then 3 hours. it will usually cost more but when you break down what you are getting its so worth it. have them come out a couple days and you can get several days worth of photography and remember all the other times. my advise is to also talk to them on the phone if they arent someone you can meet in person. make sure you click with them personality wise and that they arent boring. the photographer is going to be with you for quite a while. last thing you want is someone who annoys you wink.gif

I always enjoy reading your comments. You are always right :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs View Post
I have seen a couple of weddings done by this resort outfit (actually 2 different photogs) on another message board (GASP!) so I know the work is decent. I'd be lying to say its the caliber of some of the fine photogs here, but budget is a huge consideration for us, and we want something more than snapshots from relatives. I think this will work nicely if our friend cannot make it.

:)
oh so true. the budget is always the final straw. and you really can find good photographers at the resorts. i just wish that they would be there for longer then the packages allow. personally i think the best photos of the entire wedding are always the ones of the bride and groom getting ready with their wedding party. but i guess the resort photographers have to shoot two maybe three weddings a day so they dont really have the option of staying longer.

and thank you leXiee. im glad that im offering helpful advice :)

hi,

I am kate and I am planning my wedding in Punta Cana for june. I can see that we all have the same problem about photography. Just to let you know, I have found a great company ( probably the best one) in Punta Cana. Photosouvenir Punta Cana, Wedding Photographer Dominican Republic .One of my best friend got married last year in the Excellence Punta Cana and used them for her wedding and her pictures are stunning. This is a team of professional photographers from Europe and their work looks really good. Plus,they are cheaper than the photographers here and offer the same quality. I am booking with them and they said that they can go anywhere in Punta Cana so you should ckeck it out. Hope it helps.

Kate

Hi

I've had a couple of quotes from photographers in Punta Cana and both the cheapest quotes are comparable with the gold price quote for Ocean Blue.

I'm still not sure who i'm going to go with (I too am getting married at Ocean Blue) but its worth having the info to make a decision. Here is the website for one of them:

Juan Guzman-Wedding Photographer in Dominican Republic

I'm trying to find the other, so as soon as I do I will post it for you.

I have just been to the link above (Photosouvenir Punta Cana, Wedding Photographer Dominican Republic) and this was the other quote I had.

Hope this helps

Regards

Valerie

Not bad! I tend to not want a lot of posed pictures, but they do have lots that aren't so posed. The quality is great and it's nice to see so many different Punta Cana area wedding pics!

So what do their package prices look like?