Photo

Counting Calories

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

So I think I should start counting calories to help in my weight loss efforts but I have no idea where to begin. Let me know if you count calories and how you started. Any tips would be helpful.
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
    • 473 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

It should be based on the amount of weight you are trying to loose. I use the site Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople to help track my calories. It's FREE! Plus they have recipes and etc.

#3 mnh1983

mnh1983
      • 743 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

I used to do Weight Watchers and counted the points instead of calories. It seriously was the best thing I ever did for my health, and it helped me to lose over 50 pounds. I don't do it anymore, but I know there is a whole WW section on here, so you would have lots of support!

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

I used Fitday.com to track my food and calories. This is a site with a calculator to tell you how many calories you need per day to maintain or lose weight.
          Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Once you figure out what you need to eat, make sure you exercise too. The harsh truth is that diet + exercise = weight loss. You will lose a lot faster if you even just walk 30 minutes a day.

#5 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
          • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

I use my iphone- there's an app called Lose it! and it's a free app. I can add my foods and track all of my progress no matter where I'm at! I guess technically I could do that on the internet on the phone too- but this is just easier
            Married to my BEST FRIEND!
            July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
            Non-Pro Pics:
            http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
            Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#6 jplovesme

jplovesme
            • 385 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

I'm on the HCG Diet -- weigh the food, but not counting calories. Been on it for 7 weeks, and lost 22 pounds with little exercise. Just to jump start my weight loss. Almost done with the diet (2 weeks to go), and will be adding strength training and higher caloric intake of food to get more fit and toned. Down to my goal size. Woo hoo!

#7 Mallory57

Mallory57
              • 454 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

I use myfitnesspal.com It is FREE, easy to use, has a large database of foods, and really motivates me and keeps me accountable!
                35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#8 Meitra

Meitra
                • 249 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mnh1983
                  I used to do Weight Watchers and counted the points instead of calories. It seriously was the best thing I ever did for my health, and it helped me to lose over 50 pounds. I don't do it anymore, but I know there is a whole WW section on here, so you would have lots of support!
                  I was considering doing WW, why don't you do it anymore?
                  Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#9 Mischaka

Mischaka
                  • 969 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

i'm gonna be doing WW after my weight loss challenge is up. I notice that as long as I get exercise in I can kinda eat what I want. I just can't sit around and no anything.
                    Right now i'm not counting calories...more like not eating a big portion. I do try to eat what has less calories...i'm drinking 1% milk now, I drink diet snapple, I eat kettle or baked chips. and that's just the junk food...lol

#10 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

I joined weight watchers yesterday! Wish me luck.
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users