Photo

whic is more romantic - church or beach wedding?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

Definitely a personal preference. I am not religious so a church wedding would not be romantic for me. But I have been to both beautiful church and beach weddings. I think it totally depends on the couple.

#12 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

I've been to a few weddings in my time and have a few thoughts here.

There are a few factors that I considered when choosing a location for MY WEDDING that landed us on the beach. I'll give you some thoughts with photography in mind relating to how I think the photos can portray your shared "romanticism" between each other.

First factor: Inside vs Outside

Obviously, photography is important to us and it has been our experience with the majority of the weddings we have attended in our lifetime, that weddings taking place "OUTSIDE" seem to be far far less restricting. There is no roof over your head, there is no preacher saying "STAND HERE" to the photo crew.

I've shot many church weddings in the USA and in Mexico. Some of them (chapels at AI's) and a few others here in Playa are very very small. Bride and groom usually stacked up against a back wall. Basically, we are forced to shoot from pretty much limited perspectives.

For Photography purposes, we feel that shooting outside (without ceilings and without walls) opens the door for freedom. There are no restrictions or regulations or rules. Just remember, the smaller the chapel, the less dynamic the "may be".

Just to give you something to chew on, I recommend taking a look at a slideshow recently shot in a church and one shot in a beach setup.

it doesn't matter where the place is for as long as we invite HIM, He is still present in the whole holy matrimony process.
      I think you summed up :)

hope this angle helps... whatever you decide, it will be amazing!

saludos,
      matt

Attached Files

#13 hiccups

hiccups
      • 224 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

I'm also not religious so a church wedding doesn't do it for me. I love the beach wedding with the sand and ocean.

#14 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

I debated this for a long time and finally chose the Church wedding. I felt it was really romantic and meant so much to be able to be married in the Catholic Church. Now I really had the best of both worlds though, because we had the reception after on the beach. This was great for us and we really got to do both.

#15 DestWedDay

DestWedDay
          • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

Oh, your husband is so romantic, lucky you!

If you already had the beach wedding, try the church in some romantic destination (Mexico has some great old churches, my favorite Carmel Mission in California).

#16 chicagobeachbunny

chicagobeachbunny
            • 105 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

I think that it all depends on how you envision the day for yourself. We are getting married on the beach b/c that is the perfect place for us. When we think about our day we see the water, sand, and our families as one perfect unit. However, I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding a year ago and when I looked at them I could tell that in their eyes in that moment no one else was in the room. So, ultimately its about what feels right for you in your heart.

#17 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
              • 246 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hello , why you dont go in a beach front church...it is amazing!! and very romantic!!!

#18 FutureMrsRobart

FutureMrsRobart
                • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

I think traditional is the word he was looking for maybe?? I definitely wouldn't say a church wedding is more romantic ... more formal maybe :-)
                  http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

#19 margin123

margin123
                  • 204 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

I def say beach...church is "classic"...yet formal.

#20 AishaB

AishaB
                    • 2,350 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

I think it comes down to what you like or are comfortable with. Some people are traditional and believe in being married in a church. You can decorate a church in a very romantic manner. You can also do the same at the beach. Some people think that being married on the beach at sunset is super romantic and that they dont need a church for the ceremony. But others might think that the beach is just not appropriate cause there is the sand, and the wind and the gulls and other beach revelers watching in on your ceremony (and maybe trying to get into your pics). So it totally depends on which you think you create a romantic atmosphere to your liking. Personally, Im going for the beach at sunset (sand, sea gulls, people and all)!
                      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users