whic is more romantic - church or beach wedding?

just last night, hubby asked me if i wanted to "marry him again" , this time a church wedding . while i find it very sweet, i just don't have the luxury of time to undergo the wedding preparation and hassle (again)

he insisted that church weddings are more romantic that beach weddings, oh we got married on Saboey, a Thailand beach wedding spot...

I definitely find the beach more romantic than church. Religion plays an important part our lives and relationship too but for me, it doesn't matter where the place is for as long as we invite HIM, He is still present in the whole holy matrimony process.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

church weddings have many qualities that can make them better/more meaningful for people who are religious ... however i don't think they are "more romantic" at all. i am surprised (given what you've told us) that you actually went through with a beach wedding without then having the marriage blessed thru a religious ceremony in a church. religion seems pretty important to you both. for instance, catholics wouldn't even consider you to be married (which imo is a little silly ... i am not religious, but definitely believe that whomever you call "god" is present for all that you do when you follow your heart, whether it happens to be in a church or not)!

i don't know how long you've been married, but if it's important to your husband then maybe you should consider renewing your vows for your 5 or 10 year anniversary. love.gif

I don't either is more romantic than the other. I grew up in the South, and I saw church weddings all my life. I always thought I would get married in a church. It's funny how I'm so ready to go away and get married on a beach!!

I LOVE the beach! So it all depends on your preference.

If your hubby really wants to do it, maybe he can help you more with the planning this time around or like cougs said, revisit the idea in 5 to 10 years

I'm Catholic, so i grew up with church weddings all my life. So to me, a beach wedding is more romantic. But then again, we are not devout Catholics (we opted out of the wedding prep at a church since its soo much of a hassle).

I think since religion is important to you, then maybe a church would be nice -- especially since he's into the idea. How often does the groom have a strong opinion on wedding planning? Keep us updated on your decision!

Perhaps "romantic" to him means more spiritual?? By virtue of being longer and having more symbolic gestures, that to him might mean it's more meaningful and hence romantic?? In either case, having another ceremony locally would presumably allow more friends and family to attend and maybe that's what he wantshuh.gif

Bottom line - the fact that he wants to marry again is romantic!!!!!!!! cheesy.gif

yea, that's really a personal preference. to me, there is nothing romantic about a church wedding. but that's why we chose to get married on the beach! i like the renewing of the vows idea that someone suggested though if it's something that would mean something to the both of you.

• 4 weeks later...

According to me it has really very trendy to wed on beach.A beach is certainly one of the most beautiful venues for a wedding, it can be very secluded and intimate, and is the definitive "relaxed" wedding.I love intimate ceremonies where the guests circle the couple for their vows you can even ask everyone at your beach wedding to hold hands and surround you with love.