Jump to content

Photo

Cake!


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ivylegacy2000

ivylegacy2000
  • Newbie
  • 9 posts

    Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

    Hello All,

    I am trying to find recommendations for good bakeries in Vegas. I was going to check out the hotel for the wedding cake, but I wanted to compare prices, design and taste. We must have a good tasting cake, even if it is not visually fancy. I was checking out Freed's who have amazing looking cakes, but their reviews are mixed.

    Any other suggestions?

    #2 hunny112

    hunny112
    • Newbie
    • 11 posts

      Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:18 PM

      have you checked out Retro bakery yet? All the reviews I have read on their cakes and cup cakes have been really good, and they seemed to be the least expensive for the kind of cake I wanted. Their web site says the mostly do cup cakes, but if you go into their flicker they do all sorts of cakes.

      their delivery fee is $20.00 as well so that was cheaper then freeds. I dunno check it out, and see what you think.

      If you shoot them off an email, make sure you check your junk mail folder for a response, as I know that is where their response went to, and it took me like a week to figure it out.

      Hopefully that helps, if you find any other great places, could you be a doll and let me know. I spend the last 2 weeks trying to gather pricing and quotes, but sometimes more heads are better then one.

      #3 ivylegacy2000

      ivylegacy2000
      • Newbie
      • 9 posts

        Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by hunny112
        have you checked out Retro bakery yet? All the reviews I have read on their cakes and cup cakes have been really good, and they seemed to be the least expensive for the kind of cake I wanted. Their web site says the mostly do cup cakes, but if you go into their flicker they do all sorts of cakes.

        their delivery fee is $20.00 as well so that was cheaper then freeds. I dunno check it out, and see what you think.

        If you shoot them off an email, make sure you check your junk mail folder for a response, as I know that is where their response went to, and it took me like a week to figure it out.

        Hopefully that helps, if you find any other great places, could you be a doll and let me know. I spend the last 2 weeks trying to gather pricing and quotes, but sometimes more heads are better then one.
        Thanks for the tip! I will let you know what I come up with as well.

        #4 tlogan00

        tlogan00
        • Jr. Member
        • 224 posts

          Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

          Cake Designs cakes are marvelous!!! I will try to post a picture of some of their work...

          Cake Designs, Las Vegas, NV

          #5 tlogan00

          tlogan00
          • Jr. Member
          • 224 posts

            Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

            the website is cakedesignslv.com

            #6 tinalv

            tinalv
            • Newbie
            • 52 posts

              Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

              You can try www.simpleeleganceincakedesign.com

              #7 ivylegacy2000

              ivylegacy2000
              • Newbie
              • 9 posts

                Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by tlogan00
                Cake Designs cakes are marvelous!!! I will try to post a picture of some of their work...

                Cake Designs, Las Vegas, NV
                I checked out cake design and the first thing that I saw said that they don't deliver to hotels or suites.

                #8 PRINCESS P

                PRINCESS P
                • Newbie
                • 9 posts

                  Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

                  OMG ........ Retro Bakery cupcakes look delicious. I wasn't even going to have any sort of cake as we are having a reception party when we get home and we'll have cake there, but seeing those tasty bits of heaven has definately changed my mind!!!!

                  #9 orionandmari072510

                  orionandmari072510
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 225 posts

                    Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:17 PM

                    Talk to the resort you are staying at. They have in house bakerys and chefs. Any casino cake will be awesome. One of my friends got a cake for her wedding at the Bellagio and it was not only insanely amazing, but it tasted great! the bride was nice enough to give us pieces of the cake to take home with us. We enjoyed it for days!

                    #10 ivylegacy2000

                    ivylegacy2000
                    • Newbie
                    • 9 posts

                      Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by orionandmari072510
                      Talk to the resort you are staying at. They have in house bakerys and chefs. Any casino cake will be awesome. One of my friends got a cake for her wedding at the Bellagio and it was not only insanely amazing, but it tasted great! the bride was nice enough to give us pieces of the cake to take home with us. We enjoyed it for days!
                      That is what I decided to do. It is going to be easier to let the hotel handle the cake. They will not charge a cutting fee and I am confident that the cake will taste good.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users