Originally Posted by JanineA
Yup I have one suitcase entirely packed Boo. I picked up my dress today. Actually where I bought my dress they do ask you about bra option ahead of time so that they can sew in cups for you if you want or padded cups, etc. I had regular cups sewn in. I brought home my dress and hid it in the wedding room....thats what I call one of the guest rooms that I am using..."wedding room". I told FI from today forward he is not allowed in that room. I know he won't go looking though cause he just isn't the type, he wants to be surprised the day of. I got a chance to put it all together today at the bridal salon, shoes, dress, jewelry, even my clutch. Now I feel like Mimi73 cause every chance I get I go and peek at my dress, but I haven't been putting it on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I am so in love with it, I can't wait to wear it. In less than one month we leave!!!! Ok back to me printing out my programs...Ciao!
That is so exciting! I had a fabulous day today too, had my haircut - I have long hair and never quite like it right after a haircut, I think they do it too bluntly, so with 30 days till we leave and 35 days till the big day that should just be enough time! Then I had lunch with one of FH's best friends and he helped me shop for FH's wedding day present, I am so excited to give it to him! Its a super cool watch - FH is quite understated and goes for classic things, this was a super splurge, doubled my budget within 5 min. sorta thing but its going to be all worth it just to see picture of the guys giving it to him 30 min. before!!
Originally Posted by StephAli
Have you thought about getting the sticker bras? They are not the best....and probably not an option if you have big breast, but I used them before for my prom, and my sister is going to use them with her BM dress.... I know our local drug store (Shoppers Drug Mart) sells them....You just kinda have to hold ur boob up as you stick it down and then they hold pretty well....GOOD LUCK!!
One of the other big items I accomplished today was get a boustiea (not sure on spelling) here is my personal experience
- dress has a zipper, so had to be dead on
- no undergarments, and about an inch would have to be taken at each side, maybe even more than that, and it looked very disproportional
- cups - for me did nothing, I HIGHLY recommend going to a lingerie store and getting better cups, as I later found at my bridal salon versus a lingerie store I went to, huge difference. The once I had at the bridal store were basically pancakes, filled me out but no lift
- first alteration lady was horrible, her solution, 2 pancakes in each side, looked horrible! First time I really panicked, asked for water and to get our of the dress
- for me its a V back so a strapless although looked great at the front really showed in the back
Today, with 30 days till we leave and still no official 1st fitting, we have a solution! Well keeping fingers crossed
most likely: I got a boustiea, the lingerie store will remove the boning and will cut half of the length off
less likely, but something for you girls as a just in case: sacrifice the strapless bra. Basically wear the bra like you would in the dress, and then it gets sawn into the inseam and the back part gets cut.
Whew, ok, here are my two cents. Sorry for rambling, I am just super excited!!! I cant wait for our big day!!