Boo
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

deleted

#192 Future Mrs. M

Future Mrs. M
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Since we're doing a Catholic Ceremony we were thinking of just doing the legal here right before we leave but haven't decided yet. A Catholic ceremony isn't recognized as legal in Mexico so we would have to do the civil part either here or there. We were thinking about doing it during our welcome party since we're having that on the beach the night before the wedding and signing the papers in front of everyone on the beach almost like a small beach wedding:)
      What are you guys going to do if you do the legal before you go? Are you going to have a real judge down there? Are you signing fake papers or the ones you're getting from your town City Hall?

Wedding Date 11/12/2010- Riviera Maya - Hacienda Tres Rios

#193 angelov321

angelov321
      • 548 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by anacj13
        Since we're doing a Catholic Ceremony we were thinking of just doing the legal here right before we leave but haven't decided yet. A Catholic ceremony isn't recognized as legal in Mexico so we would have to do the civil part either here or there. We were thinking about doing it during our welcome party since we're having that on the beach the night before the wedding and signing the papers in front of everyone on the beach almost like a small beach wedding:)
        What are you guys going to do if you do the legal before you go? Are you going to have a real judge down there? Are you signing fake papers or the ones you're getting from your town City Hall?
        From what I hear, its hard to tell the difference between a civil ceremony and a symbolic ceremony. I believe everything is still the same except for the fingerprinting. If you dont tell any of your guests that you were married prior to coming to Mexico, they wont figure it out. I dont think there will be need to sign any paperwork to make it look "real".

#194 angelov321

angelov321
        • 548 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Thank you ladies for all your input!! Im considering heavily doing the legal stuff before going to Mexico. Im just a little worried that being legally married will take away from the ceremony. Ive heard lots of brides say it doesnt take away from Mexico, but it still worries me. Atleast I still have about 5 months to make a decision. :)

#195 punkie569

punkie569
          • 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by aprilmay
            Where abouts in BC are you punkie? I'm on vancouver island and have actually been wondering what we even have to do to have a legal marriage here. Do you just book a commissioner and that's it?
            I'm in Maple Ridge. I wasn't sure on how to go about doing this either but it was quite simple. I found a marriage commissioner that was local to make it easy and to cut down on travel costs for them. All you need to do to make it legal here is get your marriage license, book your MC and have them say the 4 lines needed to make it legal, 2 witnesses and you are good to go. I had to pay $50 to book her and it will be $78 for her to perform the ceremony. I don't know how much the marriage license is because it's only good for 3 months so I'm waiting to get that. Here is the website I used to find a commissioner. Hope this helps but if you need anything else I'll try my best to help :)

BC Vital Statistics Agency - Home
            Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#196 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
            • 293 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

I understand that it is alot of work to get all the paperwork together to get married in Mexico and then you just pay extra to have the marriage certificate translated into English..but Im definitely doing it that way...I cant imagine walking towards my fiance in my wedding dress to say vows in front of our family and friends and both know that were already married..I feel like it will take away from all the emotions and feelings of that day..i guess its everyones own personal preference...im also not good at keeping secrets so i know i would tell someone and then my family/friends would feel betrayed..

#197 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
              • 293 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

hi ladies..looking for some ideas for gifts for my bridesmaids and groomsmen also some ideas for the OOT bags...

#198 JanineA

JanineA
                • 2,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by nicdeb928
                  hi ladies..looking for some ideas for gifts for my bridesmaids and groomsmen also some ideas for the OOT bags...
                  For my BM's I am buying their jewelry. For the GMs I bought flasks with their initials on them and we are getting them little flash drives (if I can find some affordable ones).

So far in my OOTs I have:
                  Sudoku & Crossword books (Target)
                  Underwater cameras (ecamerafilms.com)
                  Monogramed Purse Valets (kateaspen.com)
                  Sarongs (turtleislandimports.com)
                  Flip Flops (old navy)
                  Rose Ball Candles (theknot.com)
                  Hugs & Kisses from Mr. & Mrs Soaps (theknot.com)
                  Golf Tees (still need to get golf balls)
                  Water bottles (need to order these discountmugs.com)
                  Beer koozies (since the girls got sarongs personalizeddrinkware.com)
                  Survival kits: santizer, zipfizz, tissue, lotion, sunblock, chapstick. (Target travel section)

I don't plan on adding anything else but you never know.

#199 MysTea

MysTea
                  • 559 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
                    I understand that it is alot of work to get all the paperwork together to get married in Mexico and then you just pay extra to have the marriage certificate translated into English..but Im definitely doing it that way...I cant imagine walking towards my fiance in my wedding dress to say vows in front of our family and friends and both know that were already married..I feel like it will take away from all the emotions and feelings of that day..i guess its everyones own personal preference...im also not good at keeping secrets so i know i would tell someone and then my family/friends would feel betrayed..

I agree.. Im going to do a Legal ceremony in DR and then have Legal ceremony here in NY as well....Silly to some but it does'nt matter to me or FI.. I want it to Be real and feel real... I will remarry on 01/10/11 which is the anniversary of when we started dating... It will just be 2 months after our DW...
                    **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#200 MysTea

MysTea
                    • 559 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Quote:
                      Whenever I get around to my OOT bags I will include:

First Aid/Wedding survival kit with travel sized :
                      Advil/Tylenol
                      Bandaids
                      Pepto tablets
                      Gum
                      Lip balm
                      Body wash/Bubble bath
                      toothpaste
                      hand Sanitizer (FYI Bath and Body Works is having their semi annual sale starting friday 06/11@ 9:00AM)
                      Candles
                      Matches
                      CD of Music
                      Body wash Puffs( girls)
                      flip flops (girls)
                      fans (girls)
                      Satchel with Rose petals for Wedding
                      Message in bottle (with welcome letter)
                      Still have No idea for Men but thinking maybe Personalized cups.mugs/flasks/shirts..?

I invited alot of couples so not totally sure if I am doing Couples Gifts or singles for Men/Women...It depends on how many are coming...
                      **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users