November 2010 Brides

ktnicole

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanineA go_quote.gif

Yup I have one suitcase entirely packed Boo. I picked up my dress today. Actually where I bought my dress they do ask you about bra option ahead of time so that they can sew in cups for you if you want or padded cups, etc. I had regular cups sewn in. I brought home my dress and hid it in the wedding room....thats what I call one of the guest rooms that I am using..."wedding room". I told FI from today forward he is not allowed in that room. I know he won't go looking though cause he just isn't the type, he wants to be surprised the day of. I got a chance to put it all together today at the bridal salon, shoes, dress, jewelry, even my clutch. Now I feel like Mimi73 cause every chance I get I go and peek at my dress, but I haven't been putting it on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I am so in love with it, I can't wait to wear it. In less than one month we leave!!!! Ok back to me printing out my programs...Ciao!

That is so exciting! I had a fabulous day today too, had my haircut - I have long hair and never quite like it right after a haircut, I think they do it too bluntly, so with 30 days till we leave and 35 days till the big day that should just be enough time! Then I had lunch with one of FH's best friends and he helped me shop for FH's wedding day present, I am so excited to give it to him! Its a super cool watch - FH is quite understated and goes for classic things, this was a super splurge, doubled my budget within 5 min. sorta thing but its going to be all worth it just to see picture of the guys giving it to him 30 min. before!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephAli go_quote.gif

Hey Boo,

Have you thought about getting the sticker bras? They are not the best....and probably not an option if you have big breast, but I used them before for my prom, and my sister is going to use them with her BM dress.... I know our local drug store (Shoppers Drug Mart) sells them....You just kinda have to hold ur boob up as you stick it down and then they hold pretty well....GOOD LUCK!!

One of the other big items I accomplished today was get a boustiea (not sure on spelling) here is my personal experience

- dress has a zipper, so had to be dead on

- no undergarments, and about an inch would have to be taken at each side, maybe even more than that, and it looked very disproportional

- cups - for me did nothing, I HIGHLY recommend going to a lingerie store and getting better cups, as I later found at my bridal salon versus a lingerie store I went to, huge difference. The once I had at the bridal store were basically pancakes, filled me out but no lift

- first alteration lady was horrible, her solution, 2 pancakes in each side, looked horrible! First time I really panicked, asked for water and to get our of the dress

- for me its a V back so a strapless although looked great at the front really showed in the back

Today, with 30 days till we leave and still no official 1st fitting, we have a solution! Well keeping fingers crossed

most likely: I got a boustiea, the lingerie store will remove the boning and will cut half of the length off

less likely, but something for you girls as a just in case: sacrifice the strapless bra. Basically wear the bra like you would in the dress, and then it gets sawn into the inseam and the back part gets cut.

Whew, ok, here are my two cents. Sorry for rambling, I am just super excited!!! I cant wait for our big day!! 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Wow! it has been forever since I last posted on here. You all have done so much! congrats on the invites that were posted. They are all so nice.

I made my passport invites with a crew of family and bridesmaids and close friends. haha! my youngest brother came to hang out with his FI who is one of my BM and he was calling that day a sweatshop! haha! They all went out at the beginning of July with the RSVP date as Aug 1. but we had issues with the post office, so I only got half back. but that's ok.

I bought my dress in Feb : Maggie Sottoro called Athena. SOOOOOOOO pretty! Love it. It came in june. I have had the first fitting and go back this month on the 20th. so far so good. It is perfect! I lost 20lbs since i purchased the dress but thats okay it is perfect.

I have 2 pairs of shoes. really high and silver sparkly heels for the reception and wedged flip flops from old navy in white. I have my jewerly too. I was going to wear my mom's veil but it doesnt really go. and it is falling apart. so i am just going to make hair slips out of starfish that a BM got for me in the Bahamas (which is fitting since that is where we are getting married)

All i need for my attire is the blue panties for my something blue :) I am not going to wear anything else under my dress. it is a tie-up so i can really be squeezed in there and the girls will look great!

We got our guest book from the guestbook store. It is so perfect. I love how the guests can put where they are from and draw pictures. you should check it out.

I am almost finished the OOT bags. just a few more things. I am ordering the Pashmina's for the girls this weekend. Picked up my wedding band on sat and my FI is picking up his this coming sat.

i am doing my boudior photos this sunday! i am getting excited. Even though I am sick today I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be gone by this sunday. i have my pre-travel brochure letter and meet the guests letters ready to go, with everyones luggage tags. just trying to find colourfull envelopes :)

We are getting a jack and jill thrown by one of our GM and his wonderful girlfriend. It is on the 30th of this month. I am super excited! I have had 2 showers and they were fantastic.

I have a question, are anyone asking their guests to leave their gifts at home or not to buy any to bring on the trip like we are? What are you guys going to do if your guests dont listen and bring gifts anyways? I am hoping that the suitcases that will have the OOT will work for those who are just going to bring you something regardless.

I dont know if I am leaving anything out. but I am pretty much ready, kinda even though we leave in 37 days!!!!! OMG! kinda excited and freaked out and the same time! haha! Anyways, I should go. hope you all have a good day, and that my drugs kick in so I start to feel a little better. Cant call in sick today sad.gif

bye ladies!

VENTrant.gif

More annoyances....I went to the dress shop two weeks ago to exchange my dress for a bigger size.....I was told to come in yesterday( she said 2 weeks before I leave) for my 1st fitting...UGH! so when I picked up the dress it was a little room considering I am growing....I put on the dress yesterday and as I suspected...It was a "little less room" ...still enough to wiggle/play with  but nothing major...She's like.."well lets do a HEM, lets TAKE IN THE SIDES and lets do a BUSTLE:"...Im like...ummmm...NO... I dont think im ready for all of those alterations yet...I will be 4 months next week and I am almost positive I will be a little bit bigger... Im afraid if I get the alterations now, I wont be able to breathe because it will be 3 weeks until I actually get to wear it....

So at this point she gets pushy....Shes like well, I think you will be cutting it close if you dont do it now....Im like first off, I dont want a bustle because I am changing my dress for dinner, and secondly I dont want a hem because the length is fine, and third, if I take it in today ( 3 weeks before the wedding) neither ME or my BABY will be able to breathe!!!

I told her I would rather wait another week or so just to make sure and she's like well if you want, but it is getting too close..Im like sweetheart..U said to me before I bought the dress that it only takes 2 or 3 days for alterations...thats MORE than enough time!! and because you know my situation...I would think she would want to be a little more understanding, and work with me here!?

Phew...

So...I left the store with dess in hand and said I will come back next week TUESDAY. and she will have to do what she needs to do so I can have my dress back that weekend....

AM I being UNREASONABLE? is it the hormones?

Hey Ladies! My wedding is 3 weeks from this Friday and I feel like the list is still getting longer instead of shorter! I will admit, ive been a lil stressed and definitely a lil bitchy...i just want everythign to be perfect...I think the most annoying thing is when people say to you "what do you mean you're stressed, you dont have to do anything for destination weddings!" I want to scream...really? if i dont have to do anything, then what the hell is on this list that i keep looking at....jeez! ok sorry...see MysTea you're not the only one venting today :) and no, I do not think you are being unreasonable at all....I cant believe how fast this month got here...

Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post

Hey Ladies! My wedding is 3 weeks from this Friday and I feel like the list is still getting longer instead of shorter! I will admit, ive been a lil stressed and definitely a lil bitchy...i just want everythign to be perfect...I think the most annoying thing is when people say to you "what do you mean you're stressed, you dont have to do anything for destination weddings!" I want to scream...really? if i dont have to do anything, then what the hell is on this list that i keep looking at....jeez! ok sorry...see MysTea you're not the only one venting today :) and no, I do not think you are being unreasonable at all....I cant believe how fast this month got here...

Yeah I feel you girl!

I am soooooo glad that I am not the only one! I am feeling rather guilty that I didn't do anything this summer to prep. We leave in just under a month and I have TONS to do!!

I also have to agree that I get really annoyed when people say 'What do you even have to do? They do everything for you'. ARGGGH! If I want LAME then I will just leave them to it :) Kidding :) But don't people understand that all the little touches that make it personal, come from us?!! I should just stop bitching, and start focusing on what needs to be done though smile72.gif

Hi ladies!!!

So Ive been using the AMAZING site for all my OOT items and reception decor. Its called littlethingsfavors.com and they offer everything you can imagine with free personalization! Ive already purchased:

personalized keychains/bottle openers

personalized luggage tags

personalized litte notebooks with pen

personalized shot glasses

favor tags

guestbook

sand ceremony vase set

cosmetic bags for BM's

Love dove cake topper

Most of the favors were under $1!!

So im so obsessed with this site, stay on it all day!

So, all I have left to do is;

finish programs

finish welcome letter/brochure

get FH's suit fitted

buy shoes for FH

Iron on logo to OOT totes and put bags together

Mail out pre-travel letter with luggae tags

Finish thank you notes from bridal shower

order place cards

buy maracas in mexico and attach tags

finish welcome dinner/reception song playlist

Just finished:

purchased wedding night lingerie

finalized BD photos album with photographer

finalized welcome dinner logistics

sent my dress to get altered

Whoohoo!!! 27 days till the big day and 23 days till we leave and Im definitely on track with everything!cheer2.gif

Hi Ladies!!! Wow! Lots of vents going on. MysTea, I agree with you fully she will have to make the alterations when you bring the dress back and she better have it done in time. 

Nicdeb, all I have heard for the last few weeks is how I took the "easy road" by having a destination wedding, so much so that the last person that said it to me I just smiled and looked at her and said "who wouldn't want to plan a wedding somewhere they've never been, with planners and vendors they've never met and coordinating everything over the phone or through e-mails with no clear sight as to how it will all come together, not to mention getting all my guests there safely and making sure its up to standard and having a wonderful day. With something that easy who wouldn't want a destination wedding?" She just looked at me stunned, then she realized I was being sarcastic. PEOPLE!

So ladies I am happy to report tonight is our AHR/Shower at the Four Seasons. I haven't had to lift a finger because some very very dear friends of ours are hosting the event but I am still nervous. Its the first chance to see everyone before the wedding all in one place. I bought three dresses from BeBe yesterday cause I couldn't decide which one to wear. I am going to start packing my second suitcase this weekend. 

Things still left to do.....guestbook.....any one have any ideas? I wanted to do something non-traditional.

Petal cones (I am making my own)

Groom/Groomsmen ties

Thats it!!! I can't believe I have everything else done!!! Wooohoooo. I printed my programs and menus this week and took pics of everything in preparation for my planning journal. I have 29 days to review everything and hopefully figure out if I forgot anything. 

Have a wonderful FRIDAY mis amigas lindas!!!