Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ktnicole

November 2010 Brides

Recommended Posts

My dress will be in in September and I'm wearing my Mom's veil. I still need to get everything else though!

 

When you girls ordered your dress did they give you a specific date? I called the bridal store and they told me it's still in order and will be in first week of september.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a cute pair of sandals from jcrew and a hair flower. Still trying to figure out what jewelry to wear. FI's stepmom wants me to wear some of her jewelry and his mom wants to buy me jewelry. Not sure what I am going to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Wondering how far ladies have gotten with buying their dress items for the wedding, like your shoes, jewelry, veil, hair accessories, etc. I have my dress and I have one pair of shoes (I'm still looking for "the" shoe). But that is as far as I have gotten....
I have my dress but no accessories , shoes, anything....I was thinking about wearing my sisters veil but I didnt realize it is bright white and my dress is ivory....I want to wear a birdcage type veil, I actually want to make it myself....We shall see how that comes out. I also want to saw some fuschia satin pumps by kate spade that I want but not sure yet...may just go with silver..... Have no idea yet about jewelry....UGGGH!


4 Months and a few weeks to go.....the Nervousness is starting to bother me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punkie: wow you are on top of everything. I know usually if I have a shoe that is a half size too big I buy those gelly sort of insoles and then if fits me perfect...and my feet are gellin'...lol!

Anacj: I was first told when I ordered my dress and then went in to get measure that it would be in by August but recently when I called to check on my bridesmaids dresses they mentioned mine would not be in until September (I purchased it in January).

ChicagoPT: Does the PT stand for Physical Therapist (just had to ask cause my FI is one). Lucky girl, with a tough decision. Are you more inclined to one of them more than the other? Are they both attending? Thats a tough one.

MysTea: I am wearing silver shoes. I had bought some Badgley Mischka's to wear but then ended up wearing them early to a friend's wedding they were purple with a brooch towards the back. Then last week ideeli had a sale on badgley mischka's and I picked up a silver strappy sandal

 

New question ladies: HAS EVERYONE SENT THEIR INVITATIONS OUT ALREADY?

Mine were temporarily lost and I just received them but I wanna do a few DIY's on it before sending them out. I feel like I am sending them late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasnt plan on sending my invites out till July with an RSVP date of September 1...is that too latehuh.gif I want to do a passport invitation but some of them seem so expensive..does anyone have any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post
I wasnt plan on sending my invites out till July with an RSVP date of September 1...is that too latehuh.gif I want to do a passport invitation but some of them seem so expensive..does anyone have any suggestions?
My RSVP date is August 31st so I guess that isn't so bad. I already have 25 people booked not including FI and I and after invitations are sent we only expect 6 more to book. I'm not sure if we are late or not...I hope we aren't you and I are on similar schedules. Have you tried Ana De Roux for your passport invitations. I know Sproullie Designs does them also but I just wrote her an e-mail two nights ago and she let me know due to overwhelming demand she is only working with past brides right now on stationary suites. Amy (KittenHeart) got hers from Ana and they came out great. Here is her site: Ana de Roux {Custom Invitations, Stationery & Design}
Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i always see wedding time lines for people that are getting married at home and I feel that alot of it doesnt apply to me b/c were doing a destination wedding...us girls should come up with a list of what should be done by now, and since were about 4 months left we should come up with a checklist for what to do 4 months before, 3 months before and so on...im going to work on what i think today :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post
i always see wedding time lines for people that are getting married at home and I feel that alot of it doesnt apply to me b/c were doing a destination wedding...us girls should come up with a list of what should be done by now, and since were about 4 months left we should come up with a checklist for what to do 4 months before, 3 months before and so on...im going to work on what i think today :)
Thats a great idea. I thought the same thing. I kind of based everything off of theknot. It says that invitations should be sent 2 months prior but since we are doing a destination I thought 3-4 months prior is best. I am gonna think of things on my end. That would make a great thread. Good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Punkie: wow you are on top of everything. I know usually if I have a shoe that is a half size too big I buy those gelly sort of insoles and then if fits me perfect...and my feet are gellin'...lol!
Anacj: I was first told when I ordered my dress and then went in to get measure that it would be in by August but recently when I called to check on my bridesmaids dresses they mentioned mine would not be in until September (I purchased it in January).
ChicagoPT: Does the PT stand for Physical Therapist (just had to ask cause my FI is one). Lucky girl, with a tough decision. Are you more inclined to one of them more than the other? Are they both attending? Thats a tough one.
MysTea: I am wearing silver shoes. I had bought some Badgley Mischka's to wear but then ended up wearing them early to a friend's wedding they were purple with a brooch towards the back. Then last week ideeli had a sale on badgley mischka's and I picked up a silver strappy sandal

New question ladies: HAS EVERYONE SENT THEIR INVITATIONS OUT ALREADY?
Mine were temporarily lost and I just received them but I wanna do a few DIY's on it before sending them out. I feel like I am sending them late.

I have sent my invitations last saturday. I gave an RSVP date of August 1st. I was planning on making some myself but I got overwhelmed with ideas so I ordered mine from davids bridal...I set this date because I have to give the final count and wedding info to my planner at the resort in OCT. and I figured that would give me some time to finalize my headcount, finish my OOT bags, and any other MISC stuff I have to do..Ie: obtaining my wedding paperwork and my FI lost his passport so I cant really do any of the document stuff until he obtains one! (he annoys me with his laxed attitudes sometimes).

**Janine I am so happy you FINALLY got your invites! that was nerveracking!

So that's where I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdeb928 View Post
I wasnt plan on sending my invites out till July with an RSVP date of September 1...is that too latehuh.gif I want to do a passport invitation but some of them seem so expensive..does anyone have any suggestions?
I think Sept 1st. would prob be the absolute latest..Are you still plannning on DIY? because you can always order them from a store?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×