November 2010 Brides

ktnicole

I used a passport templete off this site and handed it off to my co-worker to put together. She is very crafty so I figured it would be way cheaper to pay her a few bucks to put them together as opposed to getting them professionally done. She says they should be ready by this Friday. If they are I will be sending them out ASAP, I added a rsvp date for Aug. 1st as well. Mystea, I feel the same way. Aug gives me enough time to finalize the guestlist and start preparing for oot bags etc. I cant wait to see how many ppl actually plan on coming. So far we only have about 15ppl booked. sad.gif

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even do invites. I sent out STDs in January and then sent out a group email in May telling people we were ready to book and asked who else might be interested in doing a group rate with us.

We ended up getting 30 people booked and pretty much know what the other 30 are doing (some not coming, some booking later) so I figured what's the point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Punkie: wow you are on top of everything. I know usually if I have a shoe that is a half size too big I buy those gelly sort of insoles and then if fits me perfect...and my feet are gellin'...lol!
Anacj: I was first told when I ordered my dress and then went in to get measure that it would be in by August but recently when I called to check on my bridesmaids dresses they mentioned mine would not be in until September (I purchased it in January).
ChicagoPT: Does the PT stand for Physical Therapist (just had to ask cause my FI is one). Lucky girl, with a tough decision. Are you more inclined to one of them more than the other? Are they both attending? Thats a tough one.
MysTea: I am wearing silver shoes. I had bought some Badgley Mischka's to wear but then ended up wearing them early to a friend's wedding they were purple with a brooch towards the back. Then last week ideeli had a sale on badgley mischka's and I picked up a silver strappy sandal

New question ladies: HAS EVERYONE SENT THEIR INVITATIONS OUT ALREADY?
Mine were temporarily lost and I just received them but I wanna do a few DIY's on it before sending them out. I feel like I am sending them late.
Yes I am a physical therapist. I just changed my user name because my FI googled my name and all my forum chat came up along with the cake topper I was surprising him with (it has our dogs and my dress on it!) Ughhhh! Im not sure about the jewelery situation...I think I will look at his stepmoms and if she has something I will just wear that. I need something with both pearls and crystals so Im not sure she has what I am looking for.

As far as invitations, I sent them out last week. But get this...I put the stamps on the left side! I have no clue what I was thinking! I didnt even notice until my mom called me and asked me if it was intentional. I freaked for a bit but Im better now. Im trying not to be a bridezilla! I got these great customized stamps from zazzle.com. they turned out great. I will have to take pics and post them for everyone since I got the idea from here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPT View Post
Yes I am a physical therapist. I just changed my user name because my FI googled my name and all my forum chat came up along with the cake topper I was surprising him with (it has our dogs and my dress on it!) Ughhhh! Im not sure about the jewelery situation...I think I will look at his stepmoms and if she has something I will just wear that. I need something with both pearls and crystals so Im not sure she has what I am looking for.

As far as invitations, I sent them out last week. But get this...I put the stamps on the left side! I have no clue what I was thinking! I didnt even notice until my mom called me and asked me if it was intentional. I freaked for a bit but Im better now. Im trying not to be a bridezilla! I got these great customized stamps from zazzle.com. they turned out great. I will have to take pics and post them for everyone since I got the idea from here!

Ooooh yes I wanna see pics. I have seen some great stamps from zazzle. I thought about getting one but decided not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephAli View Post
Hey Ladies,

Is anyone having a Jack 'n Jill before the wedding? Or a reception after?? Just looking for ideas/suggestions....
Thanks!
my mom and my aunts are throwing my a bridal shower but it's girls and guys that are invited - it will pretty much be like a mini wedding with eats, drinks, games and dancing - i am looking forward to it!

my cousin made a good point and said even if i know certain people arent coming i should send invitations to the whole family on both sides and all our close friends...she got married in Turks & Caicos two years ago and she said you would be surprised how many people send a check when they respond with no :) i guess people figure if you were getting married at home they would come to your wedding and give you a gift so even though they are not coming, if they still care about you and have been a part of your life they would want to give you something for your special event..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanineA View Post
Punkie: wow you are on top of everything. I know usually if I have a shoe that is a half size too big I buy those gelly sort of insoles and then if fits me perfect...and my feet are gellin'...lol!
Anacj: I was first told when I ordered my dress and then went in to get measure that it would be in by August but recently when I called to check on my bridesmaids dresses they mentioned mine would not be in until September (I purchased it in January).
ChicagoPT: Does the PT stand for Physical Therapist (just had to ask cause my FI is one). Lucky girl, with a tough decision. Are you more inclined to one of them more than the other? Are they both attending? Thats a tough one.
MysTea: I am wearing silver shoes. I had bought some Badgley Mischka's to wear but then ended up wearing them early to a friend's wedding they were purple with a brooch towards the back. Then last week ideeli had a sale on badgley mischka's and I picked up a silver strappy sandal

New question ladies: HAS EVERYONE SENT THEIR INVITATIONS OUT ALREADY?
Mine were temporarily lost and I just received them but I wanna do a few DIY's on it before sending them out. I feel like I am sending them late.
Thanks Janine! I've been way ahead of myself throughout this whole process. I started my planning way before I should have so I'm finding I have too much time on my hands now which means I keep changing my mind. I will definitely try the gel insoles and see if they work. I was a little pouty the other day about the shoes so I think FH might be willing to let me buy new shoes if I had to. But I just really like the ones I have!

As for invites we didn't have to worry about doing them. We only have family and a few out of town friends coming and since they all booked with my TA it made it easy on me. I am doing the invites right now for our AHR so I still have to deal with invite stress. Not only is there no rules for destination wedding invites but there aren't any for AHR and when to RSVP by. We are having our AHR in January but I don't want the invites getting lost in Christmas mail nor do I want my mailbox full while we are in Mexico. So I have to send them out in September, RSVP by end October and hope noone forgets to show up in January smile120.gif