Photo

are you tipping your travel agent?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

I'm kinda torn on this one...is it just another expense to add or is it expected?

#2 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
    • 196 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

Hmm, good question!! I would like to know the answer to this too!
      Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

i would not like if my clients tipped me...a thank you, a great review, some pics would be thanks enough.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Eliana

Eliana
      • 676 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

I just got an amazing travel agent and after she help us set up our trip and our guests, I sent her flowers from us sayinf thank you for her assistance.

#5 march132010

march132010
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

Great question, I'm just giving my TA the gift of referrals

#6 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
          • 401 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:19 AM

Yeah I don't think Travel agents really fall into the category of people you tip (ie. Waitresses, hairdressers etc)...I think flowers are a nice idea, referrals and like Tammy said, a great review is a nice way to thank your TA!
            Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#7 Melidell

Melidell
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

I hadn't even thought about tipping my TA- for some reason I think of a TA as a profession that isn't tipped. Thanks for the feedback on this one, Tammy! Flowers would be a nice gesture, though, especially if you think they've gone above and beyond. Also, I'm of the opinion that nothing beats a referral- I've got a few friends thinking about DWs and I plan to point them in my TA's direction.
              Loving married life!

#8 Mischaka

Mischaka
              • 969 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

i've just gotten started and my TA has been nothing but helpful and nice. But I have time to think about the right thing to give her.

#9 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                • 450 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

This is great! Thanks everyone for their responses and Tammy for your advice as a TA. She has been really great, so I think flowers and a pic of the big day is a great idea (and of course referrals)

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

As Tammy mentioned, the best gift is a nice review or referrals. I really like it when I have someone contact me and say "so & so gave me your name" it makes me feel like I must have done a good job because someone was willing to give my name out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users