Photo

All things candy buffet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 beachbum

beachbum
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:57 AM

Do you girls already have the jars and scoops or did you get them on here or buy elsewhere?

#12 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
    • 657 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

This has been something I have been looking into doing at my AHR, but I am just trying to see if it will fits in our budget. Where has everyone found the cheapest candy? How do you know how much to buy? Sorry for all the questions!
      Cory & Jennifer
      March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#13 beachbum

beachbum
      • 351 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

I looked on some past Candy buffet threads here, and they said 1/2 lb to a pound per person (probably will have some leftovers) is sufficient.

#14 JENISE

JENISE
        • 652 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

I was actually going to do my candy buffet at my AHR but I've just recently changed my mind and now I'm going to do it at my Bridal Shower!

You can find a lot of things at Party supplies, crafts, party decorations, toys: Oriental Trading

That's where I'm going to start and then I'll branch out if I need more. They sell candy, take out boxes, and silver pails. These are all things I'm buying and just feel like my girls will appreciate the uniqueness of it. I'm making it my Bridal Shower favor! Hope this helps.

#15 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
          • 333 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

I'm doing a candy buffet as well, but our AHR is a luau style reception. So, instead of buying the expensive candy jars, we decided to get sand buckets with shovels (They have really cute ones at the dollar store). We bought 7 or 8 different sand buckets. I didn't order the candy yet, but I'm planning on ordering from metrocandy.com They seem to have the best prices that I could find! We're going to put gummy sharks, swedish fish aqua life, gold coins for chocolate,beachy candies....
            ~Christina~

#16 funinsun2020

funinsun2020
            • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

I've seen this done, they had cute jars filled with colorful candies like pixie sticks, m&ms, orange slices, those large lollypops, and some other candy. Along with chocolates in boxes. They had the little the little bags and scoop too.
              Maybe you can use Mason jars for the candy, and you can get small bags anywhere like walmart.

#17 hiccups

hiccups
              • 224 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

My friend had a candy buffet at her wedding. Her main wedding colour was pink so all her candies were pink!! I also had a candy buffet at my brother/sis-in-law's shower...I had all sorts of candies that they both like. It was really a hit!

#18 FutureMrsTO

FutureMrsTO
                • 109 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

I had wanted to do one for our engagement party but wasn't able to in time...am thinking there is a way to do it at my reception in DR just avoid chocolate candies!? anyhow, i got vases for my engagement party centerpieces at the dollar tree store online (you can order in bulk-super cheap!) and they have a lot of glasswear you could use to hold the candies...not to mention alot of great centerpiece alternatives and adds

Dollar Tree, Inc.: Weddings

#19 Sjnovot

Sjnovot
                  • 154 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

I think candy buffets are a wonderful idea!  I have been buying candy for mine for a while now.....after holiday candy sales are super useful!

#20 niajs

niajs
                    • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

I love the idea of a candy buffet and was disappointed that I wouldn't really be able to have one at my DW. It took me ages to realise that I could just do it at my AHR! I'm going to buy jars, tongs and bags from ebay and the sweets in bulk when I see them. This'll also save me from having to have favours for 200-300 people! Can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users