Photo

Gift for Wedding Planner?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mayakoba2010

mayakoba2010
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

The wedding planner at our hotel has been extremely helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions on a gift for her?? Is anyone else giving their wedding planner a gift?

#2 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
    • 344 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Great question! I was thinking about tipping our wedding planner... a gift just takes up more room in the suitcase.

#3 bride7474

bride7474
      • 582 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

I was also thinking about tipping our wedding planner. We're taking so much down with us already, I couldn't imagine bringing anything else.

#4 Janelley100

Janelley100
        • 297 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

I've read about a wide range of gifts on several posts in the forum. Cash, necklace, earrings, medicines that you can only get int he US....yes you read that right! :) Cash seems to be the going gift of choice though! :)

#5 Meitra

Meitra
          • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:09 PM

How much is appropriate and when would you give it to her? I'm horrible at tipping ettiquite.
            Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#6 Janelley100

Janelley100
            • 297 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

There are two schools of thought on this....

1 - Give half up front in a nice card as a Thank You for all your help up till now. Some people view this as a potential motivation to go that extra mile during the wedding. then give the remainder as a final Thank you afterwards.

2 - Give the entire tip at the end in a nice card.

I have seen anywhere between $50 and $200USD total. Remember that the dollar is worth more than the peso, even these days! LOL So it is always better to give US cash as it will be worth quite a bit more to them. We take always tip the housecleaning staff $20USD at the end of our stay....they won't take it during your stay, try as you might to leave it out in perfect view. :) Take a few $1USD as they make great bell boy, waiter, bartender etc tips that they totally don't expect you to provide. :)

#7 lalanyc

lalanyc
              • 363 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

I'm betting they would most appreciate cash! I plan on giving half my tip during my next planning trip and the remainder after the wedding. Aside from that, possibly a small souvenir.

#8 luciel2820

luciel2820
                • 474 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:02 PM

I think a cash tip is the way to go, remember most of these countries are poor. So $50- $200 goes a very long way!

#9 JENISE

JENISE
                  • 652 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Janelley100
                    There are two schools of thought on this....

1 - Give half up front in a nice card as a Thank You for all your help up till now. Some people view this as a potential motivation to go that extra mile during the wedding. then give the remainder as a final Thank you afterwards.

2 - Give the entire tip at the end in a nice card.

I have seen anywhere between $50 and $200USD total. Remember that the dollar is worth more than the peso, even these days! LOL So it is always better to give US cash as it will be worth quite a bit more to them. We take always tip the housecleaning staff $20USD at the end of our stay....they won't take it during your stay, try as you might to leave it out in perfect view. :) Take a few $1USD as they make great bell boy, waiter, bartender etc tips that they totally don't expect you to provide. :)

Oh Janelley,

The first option is a great idea, never thought of that. I will probably be tipping my WC $100. $50 when we arrive and $50 after the wedding pending everything goes off without a hitch.

Thanks for the great tip!

#10 mayakoba2010

mayakoba2010
                    • 21 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:26 PM

Thanks girls! All great responses. I think you are all right and cash is the way too go. I like the idea of half and half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users