• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kristy!
    It sounds like there is no other alternative for lunch, so you should definitely pay for it. I would avoid having your guests feel nickeled and dimed after paying so much to attend your wedding.
    I 100% agree with Kristy.
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#12 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
    • 344 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. When we planned I put in a time and excursion as placeholder but did not plan it. Now I am actually planning it and it is falling into lunch time. It just starting to add up so fast. $200 does not sound like alot until it gets added with everything else. I am going to sit down and really look where I am able to juggle around and pay for the guest lunch.

#13 momichele

momichele
      • 203 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

I would not feel right asking my guests pay for lunch during an excurcion I planned. If the situation was flip and I was asked to pay for lunch, I wouldn't mind.

#14 Princess402

Princess402
        • 737 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Probably you should pay for it (in terms of etiquette) BUT I think it's so nice that you are treating your guests to an excursion! That's really above and beyond, I think. If I were your guest and was told that the excursion was paid for but I would have to buy my own lunch, I would be totally fine with that.

#15 mekanabr

mekanabr
          • 537 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

Since your guests paid so much to come to your wedding, I think it would be more appropriate to pay for the trip and the lunch... Is there any possibility that our resort might be willing to make apacked lunch for your outing? I've read about a few that do that so it might be something to ask about...that way you noone has to pay extra :)

#16 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
            • 344 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:32 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mekanabr
              Since your guests paid so much to come to your wedding, I think it would be more appropriate to pay for the trip and the lunch... Is there any possibility that our resort might be willing to make apacked lunch for your outing? I've read about a few that do that so it might be something to ask about...that way you noone has to pay extra :)
              Not sure but I will check. Not as many people are coming to it because it is optional so maybe able to swing without sweating.

#17 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
              • 303 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

if possible, I would pay for the lunch. I am hoping to do pay for an excursion for my guests while we are away, but it depends how many people come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users