Catalonia Bavaro/ Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Hi Luciel,

I'm almost done. Just have to find a dress. I had chosen to wear a sarong but after seeing all the beautiful dresses on this site, I've changed my mind. I just ordered my OOT bags and will begin filling them up a little at a time. I will make my appointment to have the documents ready with the embassy here in Ottawa. And that will be it. I am so excited, I even have a countdown on my work computer that I check every morning!!!

I know they have a gazebo, I had the picture but can't find it. I do believe it's on the regular side and not the Royal. I'll keep looking and will post it when I find it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I found on    http://www.oyster.com/dominican-republic/hotels/catalonia-royal-bavaro/   (toward the bottom)   Im not sure how accurate it is....

Destination Weddings

This quiet, adult-only resort offers standard wedding package fare, but with fewer options (though less hassle) than some of its neighbors.

• Wedding Size: Up to 150 people
  • Extra Fees: $45 day pass and/or a $50 night pass for all wedding guests not staying at the resort
  • Wedding Packages: The basic, Sunset Dreams package ($1,489 for 20 people) includes a wedding coordinator, a two-tier cake, a bouquet and a boutonniere, recorded music during the ceremony, four bottles of sparkling wine, hair and nail treatment for the bride, a 25-minute couples massage for the bride and groom, and a dinner along with all of the other resort guests in one of the a la carte restaurants. The deluxe package ($2,589) also includes flower decorations at the ceremony, a beachfront dinner for the bride and groom, and an upgrade to a suite with a private pool. The basic wedding package is free if the wedding party books 20 guest rooms

• (double occupancy) for five nights each. Renewal-of-vows packages also available ($445).
  • Ceremony Locations: On the beach, in the garden, or in a conference room (in case of rain)
  • Photographers: From $350, to shoot the ceremony and cocktail reception only (25 5-by-7 prints plus a CD)
  • Music: A DJ or "tropical trio" band during the reception for $150 per hour
  • Spa Treatments: The Alegria spa offers couples massages and bridal treatments, as well as regular massages, facials, and hair, nail, and makeup treatments.
  • Honeymoon Suite: Most newlyweds stay in a Junior Suite or an Oceanfront Suite. The resort advertises a "Honeymoon Suite," but this is just a Junior Suite decorated with flowers.
  • Airport Transportation: The resort does not provide an airport shuttle; a 30-minute taxi costs about $30.

I have just started my planning...............thanks so much for the email to the WC. Im going to have to use that here soon.

Our problem is that we dont want others with us in Punta Cana, but would like them to see a ceremony.....so thinking we may get married in the court house so parents can see  something and then do something at the hotel.  we wont have anyone with us, and dont need the legal aspect of anything.......so maybe the renewing of the vows ceremony and then pay for the photographers.       wonder if they would just let me pay for the photographer?!    hmmm

but this thread is VERY helpful thank you so much and please post anymore helpful hints!!!!!!!!     including if the pricing i found is wrong!  

thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

I am so happy I found this thread!  I have been trying to get in contact with someone at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro....but no one is responding!  I have tried every email address and phone # I could find.  Does anyone have a correct email address to the wedding coordinator?  I wanted to find out if they have opening during April 2011.  Any information and/or help that people can provide would be greatly appreciated!  Do they respond to emails in english?  THANKS in advance!!!

• 2 months later...

Royal side:

Relaciones Publicas Royal   royal.rrpp@hoteles-catalonia.es

Name:::::::Awilda Sánchez

Regular Side:

Name:::::::Lourdes Baez 

Bodas         bavaro.bodas@hoteles-catalonia.es

The name infront of the email address is what yahoo showed me as who it was from.  then the name is who it was signed from.  i started talking to lourdes and then since im getting married on the Royal side I recently got an email from Awilda.  Both emails I sent in english and got responses in english.  They do take awhile to respond.

Video service: (is provided from an outside source, you have to pay for a guest/day pass for them i believe to come in and film it)

For the video service please contact Florian Koetter at:

Videopuntacana@hotmail.com

You can also visit his web page www.videopuntacana.com

Hope this information is helpful. My wedding will be January 7, 2011...so if you have anymore questions I can try to answer them after I get back!