Jump to content

Photo

How much are you paying for flowers???


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

    Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

    I have new clue how to compare flower costs in Vallarta (centerpeices, bouquets, etc.)

    How much are you spending or have spent on flowers?

    Thanks so much ladies!

    #2 starchild

    starchild

      Moderator

    • Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

      Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

      Amy,

      Vallarta Adventure Weddings included bride/groom flowers and I think 2 centerpieces in the package so I'm not sure what they would have cost alone. I also don't know who they are contracted with for flowers (not a lot of help, I know!). I can tell you what we paid them for additional flowers not included in the deluxe package:

      $30 flower tiara

      $20 wrist corsage for mama

      $25 per bag of rose petals

      $8 boutonniere

      $40 per additional bouquet (moh,bms,etc.)

      Hope that helps in some way :o)

      #3 PVBride

      PVBride
      • Jr. Member
      • 443 posts

        Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

        I found this on a wedding website -

        "You can expect to pay, on average $500 to $1,200 for flowers. The end amount will depend on your fancy, number of attendants, guests, and how formal the affair. Your bridal bouquet can cost anywhere from $75 to $150. Your attendant's bouquets, $40 to $75 each. Often times, the bouquet you toss is included in your package from the florist. Boutonni¨res for the groom and his groomsmen, $4 (simple carnation) to $8 (two roses). The altar flowers, $75+ each. Pew flowers, $50-$75 each. Reception table flowers, $40 to $150 each arrangement."

        I am using a Puerto Vallarta florist, and my WC told me to set aside approximately $1,000 for flowers. I am hoping that I can do it for a bit cheaper, though!

        #4 amyh

        amyh

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

          Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Amy,

          Vallarta Adventure Weddings included bride/groom flowers and I think 2 centerpieces in the package so I'm not sure what they would have cost alone. I also don't know who they are contracted with for flowers (not a lot of help, I know!). I can tell you what we paid them for additional flowers not included in the deluxe package:

          $30 flower tiara

          $20 wrist corsage for mama

          $25 per bag of rose petals

          $8 boutonniere

          $40 per additional bouquet (moh,bms,etc.)

          Hope that helps in some way :o)
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PVBride
          I found this on a wedding website -

          "You can expect to pay, on average $500 to $1,200 for flowers. The end amount will depend on your fancy, number of attendants, guests, and how formal the affair. Your bridal bouquet can cost anywhere from $75 to $150. Your attendant's bouquets, $40 to $75 each. Often times, the bouquet you toss is included in your package from the florist. Boutonni¨res for the groom and his groomsmen, $4 (simple carnation) to $8 (two roses). The altar flowers, $75+ each. Pew flowers, $50-$75 each. Reception table flowers, $40 to $150 each arrangement."

          I am using a Puerto Vallarta florist, and my WC told me to set aside approximately $1,000 for flowers. I am hoping that I can do it for a bit cheaper, though!
          Thanks ladies! Do you know which florist your WC used or are using??

          #5 PVBride

          PVBride
          • Jr. Member
          • 443 posts

            Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

            I have no clue who my WC uses?? I will try to find out. What about you? Do you know who you are using?

            #6 starchild

            starchild

              Moderator

            • Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

              Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

              You know I have no clue who they work with, but they seem pretty affordable and the flowers were gorgeous.

              I'm still in touch with my WC, if you like I can try and get the name of who they work with. Let me know and I'll give it a shot, I don't think it's a secret or anything :o)

              #7 amyh

              amyh

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

                Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PVBride
                I have no clue who my WC uses?? I will try to find out. What about you? Do you know who you are using?
                I have not contacted any vendors. I have a list saved on my computer at home, I'll post later today. I just don't know what to compare them too. My cousin is sending me ideas of centerpeices, (she's in MX) but she's saying that the flowers may be really pricey in Vallarta and says that we should either do some sort of centerpeice with candles and a small amount of flowers or use fake flowers. I really don't want fake flowers, so I'm trying to come up with an idea of centerpeices using something affordable. But I have no clue how much flowers run in pv.

                I'm going to try and contact those flower vendors (bulk) which Merryme psoted a while back and let you all know what they say.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by starchild
                You know I have no clue who they work with, but they seem pretty affordable and the flowers were gorgeous.

                I'm still in touch with my WC, if you like I can try and get the name of who they work with. Let me know and I'll give it a shot, I don't think it's a secret or anything :o)
                Oh please Jamy! I would love that!

                #8 amyh

                amyh

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

                  Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

                  Here are some links:

                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.




                  #9 1elephant

                  1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

                    Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

                    amy i saw a centerpiece today and thought of you - square glass candle holders w/ votives in them...all set up in a pyramid, i think a 4x4 square, covered by a 3x3 square, 2x2 square and 1 on top...enough space for air to get in, looked VERY pretty!!!! set up some sea glass around it, or colored votives and voila!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users