Photo

Teeth Whitening

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Is anyone having their teeth whitened (by their dentist) for the wedding? I'm considering this, is it worth the price? What are your thoughts?
    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
    • 4,172 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

I had Zoom done awhile ago and I got a great deal ($199). Search around and see what deals are out there. Where I went even included the custom trays and whitening paste for maintenance. I am awful at keeping up with it, but I will be doing it closer to my wedding!

#3 astreit

astreit
      • 182 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:14 AM

Do you have sensitive teeth? I have tried to do the whitening trays in the past as well as Crest White Strips, and it hurts too bad. I can normally do three days of 15 minute treatments before my teeth hurt so bad that just the air hitting my teeth when i open my mouth hurts. I was wondering in Zoom would hurt? If I took a bunch of pain pills and sat there for the hour for them to do it...would I be able to eat in the next 2 weeks? Maybe that could kill two birds with 1 stone and could be a great diet! ha. I know, pathetic, huh.

#4 asayle

asayle
        • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

If you have a Brite Smile office nearby I would recommend them. I had my teeth whitened on a special occassion several years ago. Initially a painful process. You show up and they put these uncomfortable "protectors" in your mouth and then, with your jaw cranked open, they put your mouth under a blue lamp. For the next 24 hours my teeth were really really sensitive (as in it hurt a little just to breath in deeply) and they cautioned me to only eat white or clear fluids and foods--which freaked me out to the point where I basically went on a rush diet

But the results at least for me were PHENOMENAL. My teeth aren't bad to start with but I came out white off the charts and the white stayed for the next 6-8 months (and then started to slowly go back to the original off-white color).

Yes, it is more expensive than home treatment and painful for 24 hours. In my opinon: completely worth it and I definitely plan to get them whitened about a month before the big day!

Let me know if anyone has other easy ideas!
          The fun starts ... February 22, 2011!

#5 bobbysgirl

bobbysgirl
          • 184 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:40 AM

I use daywhite I love it... I wear the trays for 30 minutes a day and get great results.

Initially I found a dentist that offered free teeth whitening for new patients so I got the trays made and my starter kit from him. Now I just order the stuff online. They also have nitewhite that you wear in the trays while you sleep... that stuff is great too i just didn't like sleeping with the trays in.

DAY WHITE ACP TEETH WHITENING | Bleaching Gel with Hydrogen Peroxide by Dentist.net

#6 mnh1983

mnh1983
            • 743 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I've never had my dentist do the whitening, but I was pretty pleased with one of the
              Rembrandt at home kits. I did one with a series of trays that you can do in just a couple of hours. Probably not as great as a professional, but if your teeth aren't too discolored initially, I would recommend it.

#7 jenne

jenne
              • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

I am getting my teeth whitened.. actually I am going next week for my appointment. I am doing this because I won it at a bridal show I went to in Novmeber! I was going to just do Crest White Strips but this will be free! I have used Crest White Strips in the past and the results were REALLY good! It was actually seven years ago now that I used them and I still get compliments on my teeth being white. Even my dentist noticed when I first did it. I would recommend them! But yes, they did make my teeth a little sensitive but nothing I couldn't deal with.
                Jennifer

#8 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

I was thinking of having my dentist do it although he is expensive.
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                  ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users