Starfish @ Customs...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 jeninesmom

• 74 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

I didnt have any problems. I was more worried about bringing them back. I only paid $1 each so you could even leave them there. I needed them for our AHR. What I did was wrap them in bubble wrap and put in big zip locks because they stink. Then I put my receipt where I purchased them in the US on top of the bundle. I called customs before we went and she said I "think" you will be ok. Anyway we were fine and they looked great.

My daughter Jenine's wedding, Secrets Capri April 12th 2010 My son Joel's wedding, August 21 2010!

#22 Princess402

• 737 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Anyone had any recent experiences with trying to bring starfish through customs in Mexico? I REALLY want starfish for my placecards, but am hesitating to order.... I don't want them to be seized at the airport!

#23 dmkn77

• 164 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

I just bought a bunch of starfish from another BDW girl who *luckily* lives in Canada too. I Hope not to have any issues bringing them into the US, or aboard our cruise ship. I will need to look into this too! I think I will be shipping them down though so that if they are held up or confiscated, it won't be out of my luggage! Talk about stressful!

#24 ammorris17

• 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

My wedding planner told me that I could not ship starfish because it is wild life and their customs are really tough. I didn't know they are endangered though- maybe you ordered a unique species!

#25 Barkles

• 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

I like the idea of replica starfish since no starfish are dying and you don't have to worry about customs

#26 redginger

• 360 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

We would like fake or replica starfish too, but they're expensive and haven't found ones that look nice and natural-looking.

#27 mrsbird

• 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

I just tried to ship starfish to Mexico today and customs would not allow them though. I guess I need a new idea for place cards!

#28 Aphrodite

• 178 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

I agree.  I know some people may just look at starfish as a rock or shell but to me they are living animals that already have a hard enough time dealing with our crappy environment not to have to deal with us letting them die to satisfy our needs.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like some crazy Greenpeace advocate or anything...

I just know if I were using starfish it would be replicas all the way!!!

Originally Posted by Barkles 

I like the idea of replica starfish since no starfish are dying and you don't have to worry about customs

#29 FranticBride2be

• 84 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I hadn't thought about this at all!  Thanks so much for posting this. 

I think I'm going to buy mine from the dollar store.  I saw a big bag of starfish for like 3$.  We'll attach them to the programs and place them around the table.

I'll have to look up the customs from Canada to Mexico, thanks!

#30 jillybeans127

• 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the info ladies....I was going to use starfish as place cards.

Recent blog entries on this topic

By forevertogether in forevertogether's Blog, on 31 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Does anyone know about taking starfish decor through customs???? i want to purchase these and bring them with me to my wedding in mexico and am worried about customs in Canun...

Any help would be great!!!

Source: Starfish @ Customs...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users