Couples anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summababy18 View Post
Is anyone doing like an actual reception with dinner or just a cocktail reception?? I would like to do the whole dinner thing but I'm having a hard time figuring this out!
We are getting married at 10 a.m. then having a coctail reception with horsdouvers. I picked friday because at Sans Souci friday night they have a starlight gala with dinner and dancing. I have about 15 guests coming

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by summababy18 View Post
Is anyone doing like an actual reception with dinner or just a cocktail reception?? I would like to do the whole dinner thing but I'm having a hard time figuring this out!
We decided to do a private dinner after the wedding as our way of thanking our guests for coming. It's a little pricey ($95 per person, plus a $200 setup fee).

Email Debbie at Couples (weddings@couples.com) with any questions you have. I've been bombarding her nearly every day with questions, and she is so nice and patient!

I thought I would make a list of questions then email her. July 2011 seems so far away to start asking her thousands of questions lol. I did email her about the vendors fee, my photographer was worried that because she has an assistant we might be charged double but that was not the case!

I am looking into hiring a private catamaran for the afternoon, quote I received was 76.00 per person which includes 2 hours, food, open bar, snorkeling. Sans Souci does not have the catamaran as one of their freebies.

We stayed a week at Couples tower isles for our honeymoon in january and went to couples sans souci a couple of times while we were there.

Met a few people who got married there.

Most people were actual couples but there were different age groups and those that were not couples did not look left out at all.

There is not much a a beach at tower isles but there is quite a lot to do .The weddings I saw there were pretty small but the brides looked happy even with bad weather.

I saw a wedding at sans souci- very nice but a lot of steps and hideaway coves everywhere. More romantic and non couples may feel left out.

I agree that you should go to their website. They have a pretty sizeable forum for their guests so you should get a lot of answers there.

We just got back from our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away...what a beauuuutiful resort! the only thing i didn't like about it, was how public the wedding ceremonies were. we had got married the week prior at GBP in Runaway bay where our gazebo ceremony is soooo completely private...but at CSA there are people in bathing suits and even topless sitting right there staring at you. maybe somepeople don't mind the public affair, but i knew i would hate that which is why we chose GBP because of the private marriage site. BUT CSA is amazing and if you are going there, you'll LOVE IT!!

ps...it's pretty windy in jamaica ALL the time! so make sure you pin your bangs down and be prepared for your veil to blow in the wind (which looks so pretty in pics!) I didn't have my bangs pinned down and drove me nuts in my ceremony sad.gif

Happy Planning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
FINALLY, I was feeling very alone lol. Couples Sans Souci for me. Have you been on the couples message board they do have a section for weddings. I was able to get some info but not alot. I love this forum for all the different ideas you can get!
When I first joined I was the ONLY Couples bride! There haven't been very many of us! LOL

My reviews, pictures, and planning thread are somewhere on the forum. I don't think the links in my siggy are working but you can do an advanced seach. I also compiled an everything Couples thread. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-thread-39034/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeybride View Post
I'm thinking a combo of Couples Swept Away and the Caves! Still need to touch base with a TA though because it may be very unrealistic when I hear the cost wink.gif
Couples is more expensive than other places but worth every penny! You get what you pay for, right? They include a lot of extras so be sure to consider that when pricing out resorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.timpone View Post
I attended a wedding at Couples Negril.....they didnt have any upgrades so the wedding was really plain but the resort is hands down the BEST resort i have ever been too!!!!
Really? The wedding was plain? The standard package is very simple but the WCs have pages and pages of upgrades. They are also incredibly flexible and will find something for you if you want it and are willing to pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinamckee View Post
We decided to do a private dinner after the wedding as our way of thanking our guests for coming. It's a little pricey ($95 per person, plus a $200 setup fee).
It's debatable if it really is necessary to book a private reception. Ours was "semi-private" but we were in a completely isolated section of the restaurant (in the best section IMHO) overlooking the pool. No other guests were seated near us and it was FREE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
I am looking into hiring a private catamaran for the afternoon, quote I received was 76.00 per person which includes 2 hours, food, open bar, snorkeling. Sans Souci does not have the catamaran as one of their freebies.
The catamaran cruise is included in your stay and will seat up to 80 people. You can go with the free option and book ahead of time with Debbie. This is what we did. There were maybe 5 other couples that were not part of our group but we never noticed. Some were people we had run into at the resort and were very friendly. Most of our group stayed towards the front and the other couples in the back and it worked out fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrij View Post
We just got back from our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away...what a beauuuutiful resort! the only thing i didn't like about it, was how public the wedding ceremonies were. we had got married the week prior at GBP in Runaway bay where our gazebo ceremony is soooo completely private...but at CSA there are people in bathing suits and even topless sitting right there staring at you. maybe somepeople don't mind the public affair, but i knew i would hate that which is why we chose GBP because of the private marriage site. BUT CSA is amazing and if you are going there, you'll LOVE IT!!
Couples does place signs up in the vicinity of the wedding that say "wedding in progress" or something on each side of the altar. They also station a guard to keep people out of the area. The resort was completely booked while we were there and you cannot see a soul other than us in any of our pictures. There were people on the beach but not close to us.

If I can help in any way or answer any questions, feel free to PM me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
Couples does place signs up in the vicinity of the wedding that say "wedding in progress" or something on each side of the altar. They also station a guard to keep people out of the area. The resort was completely booked while we were there and you cannot see a soul other than us in any of our pictures. There were people on the beach but not close to us.

If I can help in any way or answer any questions, feel free to PM me!
Oh well that is good!! maybe there are 2 locations at CSA. we saw about 2 weddings/day on the beach from our balcony and yes there were signs, but there were people 10ft from the wedding on their beach chairs. Def a beautiful resort to consider!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't been to Couples Swept Away, but I researched it when I was looking for our annual vacation last year.  We ended up going to Couples San Souci in Ocho Rios which was amazing...absolutely the best vacation ever!

For any Couples resorts, I always heard that there isn't much of a nightlife which we found to be true but didn't mind.  The bars are open late but there just isn't a crowd as the night gets later.  But the food is incredible, not just "for an all-inclusive" but for any US restaurant.  And they have tons of extras like scuba, snorkeling, catamaran, etc.  The entertainment staff is top-notch and I am not a "let's get to know everyone here" type person and they still made an impression on me.

For Couples Swept Away, it is their top-tier (and most expensive) resort out of all of Couples.  The grounds are immaculate and it is located on the famous 7 mile negril beach so soft, white powder sand and crystal blue water.  They also offer beautiful rooms with large porches complete with a couch, cieling fan, rockers and some even have hammocks.  It seems like even if you don't get an oceanview that the gardens are so incredible that you still get a great view and scenery.

Here's what they don't have: room service, tvs (in some lower category rooms), nightlife, all naturel beach, privacy on beach (vendors can walk around and call out to you although security will take care of them if you don't seen interested).

You just have to figure out what works best for you.  Good luck and Congrats!