• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#61 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

oh thanks for posting the music! I will have to check it out!

I did day 2 yesterday...so far so good!

#62 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

Started week 2 today, woohoo!

#63 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Jill
        Started week 2 today, woohoo!
        oh me too! we are on the same schedule I think! How did you do?

#64 ablj209

ablj209
        • 218 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

I did this!! I started in August 2009 and ran my first 5K in October 2009!!! My time was 35 minutes.. not too bad for my first race. I have since run 4 more 5K's with my best time being 30:57. Yesterday, I started on a new program.. well, really I am toying with 2 .. Gateway to 8K and from 30 minutes to 1 hour. I think I like the idea of the one hour runner program better. We shall see which one sticks. Good luck to everyone running the C25K!

#65 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

OH Andi and Jill- I am just 2 days behind you (tomorrow I will finish week 1)!!

It is going really well so far, much harder than the first time I did it 2 years ago for the obvi reasons.

**for those that dont know, I had a serious bicycle accident in Sept, Surgery to repair my nose and sinuses in Oct, and due to the risk of hemmorage, I could not elevate my heart rate until mid January. So basically I am just starting to build my endurance back now.

However, I did find that day #2 was much easier on me than day 1, so we shall see!

#66 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Andi
              oh me too! we are on the same schedule I think! How did you do?
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Erika J
              OH Andi and Jill- I am just 2 days behind you (tomorrow I will finish week 1)!!

It is going really well so far, much harder than the first time I did it 2 years ago for the obvi reasons.

**for those that dont know, I had a serious bicycle accident in Sept, Surgery to repair my nose and sinuses in Oct, and due to the risk of hemmorage, I could not elevate my heart rate until mid January. So basically I am just starting to build my endurance back now.

However, I did find that day #2 was much easier on me than day 1, so we shall see!
              Oh good, I'm glad we're on close to the same schedules!

I did good with the start of the second week. I actually went longer than I was supposed to because I'm used to doing hour classes and I felt like 30 minutes wasn't long enough. So I kept doing intervals until I hit 3 miles.

I'm supposed to do day 2 of week 2 tonight, but I'm getting a massage this afternoon and I don't know if it will be a good idea for me to run afterwards. I guess I'll see how I feel.

#67 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TA Jill

I did good with the start of the second week. I actually went longer than I was supposed to because I'm used to doing hour classes and I felt like 30 minutes wasn't long enough. So I kept doing intervals until I hit 3 miles.
                oh I thought of doing the same thing too because 30 mins just doesn't seem long enough to me! I think i will try getting to 3 miles when I go next time!

#68 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
                • 294 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
                  oh I thought of doing the same thing too because 30 mins just doesn't seem long enough to me! I think i will try getting to 3 miles when I go next time!
                  I might try this! Week 2 was tough but i'm really worried about week 3!!
                  http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#69 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Quote:
                    I was glad I did it. The first week I kind of felt like I wasn't working out enough and I didn't have enough time to do a class and the running. So I was glad I did the extra time. I'm sure its different for all of us depending on the pace we're running at, but I think when I finish the program right now, I'm usually around 2 1/4 miles, so it's about another 3/4 of a mile that I keep doing the intervals. And then I walk for a few minutes to cool down. I think it took me about 45 minutes total the other night.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cathyandchin
                    I might try this! Week 2 was tough but i'm really worried about week 3!!
                    I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it up in week 3, but I'm going to try, lol!

#70 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

I did day 2 of week 2 today and wanted to die.

I'm going to attribute that to several things:

1) I didn't have a whole lot of time to eat today, so I was very hungry when I got to the gym

2) I chose a treadmill where no fan ever blows, I was SO DAMN HOT!

3) The podcast I chose for today sucked! I didn't like any of the songs, so it made things go by really slow.

I did the whole thing, I think I did one extra interval and walked for a little bit afterwards but I didn't do the extra intervals today, like the other day. I just couldn't do it!

I hope everyone else had a better day than me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users