VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Okay Carly- I found
    C25K- Alex Stankovic -$2.99
    Couch to 5k - Felt Tip Inc-$2.99
    Get Running (Couch to 5K)-Splendid things-$1.99

They all have a 4 star rating, just wondering if anyone has a favorite or any feed back before I buy?

#42 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

The one I downloaded is called "C25K". I haven't tested it out yet, but it seemed pretty good! I think there were like 4-5 when I searched for it...

#43 KristinaM

• VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

I haven't started yet either.. partially because of the snow and partially because I'm just so freakin lazy! I need to get motivated!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ana
      lol Carly that's the best excuse to get a puppy!!!! I used it on my dad when I was in gr 9! I always wanted a dog and he always wanted me to be active, so we compromised. Let me tell you though, I didn't do any walking lol the puppy would get tired and give up so I had to pick him up and carry him home again.

I'm excited for you to get started with this!!!! and Erika you too
      Thanks Ana! I did it 3 years ago almost to the day and it really helped me get over my running hump.

Esp since my prob was never muscle fatigue it was my respetory endurace. This is a very effective way to build that up.

I highly reccomend investing in a cheap digital watch. It really helps keep better track of the weekly training plans.
      Erika- I feel like the repiratory is going to be my biggest feat too. I swear I get winded going up the stairs! So embarassing!

Originally Posted by carly
      Oh, i fyou have an iphone, they have an app for this too! I downloaded it last week, so haven't tested it out yet. I think it was $2, but it counts down and I think it gives you music.
      I don't have an iphone butI can probably dowload this on my itouch. I wonder how that works though if you need to be wifi connected to run it or just to dl it?? I'm so not app savy!

#44 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Carly!

Kristina- I am not sure if you have to be connected to download it
        but once the app is on your itouch you wont need to be connected to wireless for it to work when you are running :)

#45 KristinaM

• VIP Member
        • 3,082 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Oh fun! I'm going to check it out tonight!

#46 cathyandchin

• 294 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

I started last night! I thought I was going to trip on the treadmill when I started jogging!! It wasn't too bad, I'll go again tomorrow hopefully after one day of rest.
          I downloaded podrunner from iTunes and it helped me find a rhythm and keep me going. I'm looking through the apps right now to figure out which one to get... It's a pain to keep track of the time on the treadmill!!
          Good luck to all of us :)

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#47 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

yea music is the best motivation. when I first started running i couldn't even get through one whole song of continous running haha

#48 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

I still haven't started this yet, but we did walk about 2.5 miles last night. I reallllly want a treadmill!

But I also downloaded a few more apps that I did start last night:
            100 push-ups
            200 sit-ups (crunches)
            200 squats

#49 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

I'm late to this, but wanted to chime in. I started this program about a month ago, but then got sick over Presidents' Day weekend for a couple of weeks. Pair that with the huge snowstorm and a 3 day power outage, and well, I think I need to start from the beginning again. I am planning on starting this weekend.

Has anyone actually started it yet?

#50 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

I use the Nike+ and I am really happy with it. It counts down each K for you and you can select what ever playlist you want to use on your iPod. At the end of your workout it tells you how far you went, time and calories burned. I finally went out today and ran a 5k and it felt great, there is nothing like it. I don't have the iPhone but I have the Droid and I downloaded CardioTraining but I have not tried it yet and I am so comfortable with the Nike+ and I know it is reliable but I figured with the ice on the streets or if I have a heart attack from being out of shape it would be good to have my cell phone!
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users