#101 KristinaM

KristinaM
  • VIP Member
  • 3,082 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Thats awesome Carly- and its comforting to know you were the same when you started!! I'll have to search out the apps later and maybe try some too.

#102 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

lol Kristina my upper body is brutal! I have no strength. I couldn't even do 1 pushup properly so my trainer started me with my knees on the ground. He said its not cheating, its building the strength up so that eventually you can do up to 5 regular pushups and maybe 15 with the knees on the ground. You just have to work up to it :)

#103 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tennyt1
    I would like to try running outside but how do you measure the distance?
    There's also a free app in the for the iPhone called RUNKEEPER that uses the GPS on the phone to track your distance. You can also keep track of your activity and there's a map that shows the route youre taking. Pretty awesome stuff if you like to do your exercise outside.
    It will also let you manual input any information from workouts you've done indoors like treadmill or elliptical.
    http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#104 KristinaM

KristinaM
    • VIP Member
    • 3,082 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ana
    lol Kristina my upper body is brutal! I have no strength. I couldn't even do 1 pushup properly so my trainer started me with my knees on the ground. He said its not cheating, its building the strength up so that eventually you can do up to 5 regular pushups and maybe 15 with the knees on the ground. You just have to work up to it :)
    That's a much better way of looking at it.. building up not cheating!
    There's also a free app in the for the iPhone called RUNKEEPER that uses the GPS on the phone to track your distance. You can also keep track of your activity and there's a map that shows the route youre taking. Pretty awesome stuff if you like to do your exercise outside.
    It will also let you manual input any information from workouts you've done indoors like treadmill or elliptical.
    This is a great idea! I wonder if it will work at the same time as the C25K app?? I won't be able to use it because I have the itouch not an iphone but it's a great idea for the other girls to track distance too!

#105 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hi,
      So after some road blocks I officially did day 1 of week 2 and LOVEING week 2! It just fits my natural rythm better!

I think running outside is physically harder on me but much more enjoyable cause I get to run with my favorite running partner.... my dog!!! so it is more entertaining!

#106 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
      • 294 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cathyandchin
        Runkeeper doesn't work with C25K
        But if you download Nicole's podcasts you can have that playing and then open up Runkeeper. The podcasts are great because there's a soft countdown from 5 before you switch to running or walking so there's no need to look at a clock.
        http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#107 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

I just got a $2.99 iphone app, and it is amazing, just pick your own music ( I couldnt do the pod casts cause the music was horrid) and go, voice promts chime you and I just start running with my dog, no distractions, just fun!

#108 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

Kristina - lol thanks I love running so I always try to make everyone else into runners...M hates my guts for it because he hates running

Erika - so fun!!! I used to love running with my dogs and they loved it too I think. My golden retriever was the best running parner ever, and never complained.

#109 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

I tried telling Matt that we need to get a puppy so I can take it running with me, but he didn't buy it. Sugar would refuse to walk after a block or two and she only runs in short (but quick!) spurts.

#110 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

awww poor Sugar! my best friend's bulldog Berger won't run either. But I did run by a bulldog once along the seawall in Vancouver and the little guy started running with me and left his owner behind. He went for a good distance too, he was amazing. The best part was once he gave up the owner had to carry him because he was just DEAD! he was not going to walk another inch on his own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users