Couch to 5k program

boscobel

Okay Carly- I found

C25K- Alex Stankovic -$2.99

Couch to 5k - Felt Tip Inc-$2.99

Get Running (Couch to 5K)-Splendid things-$1.99

They all have a 4 star rating, just wondering if anyone has a favorite or any feed back before I buy?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't started yet either.. partially because of the snow and partially because I'm just so freakin lazy! I need to get motivated!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana View Post
lol Carly that's the best excuse to get a puppy!!!! I used it on my dad when I was in gr 9! I always wanted a dog and he always wanted me to be active, so we compromised. Let me tell you though, I didn't do any walking lol the puppy would get tired and give up so I had to pick him up and carry him home again.

I'm excited for you to get started with this!!!! and Erika you too cheesy.gif It sounds like an awesome program. Its hard sometimes to get outside and run, esp with the snow (its always snowing here). But I just tell myself that it builds character and get out there and just do it. I never regret it either.

Thanks for the words of inspiration Ana!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
Thanks Ana! I did it 3 years ago almost to the day and it really helped me get over my running hump.

Esp since my prob was never muscle fatigue it was my respetory endurace. This is a very effective way to build that up.

I highly reccomend investing in a cheap digital watch. It really helps keep better track of the weekly training plans.

Erika- I feel like the repiratory is going to be my biggest feat too. I swear I get winded going up the stairs! So embarassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Oh, i fyou have an iphone, they have an app for this too! I downloaded it last week, so haven't tested it out yet. I think it was $2, but it counts down and I think it gives you music.
I don't have an iphone butI can probably dowload this on my itouch. I wonder how that works though if you need to be wifi connected to run it or just to dl it?? I'm so not app savy!

I started last night! I thought I was going to trip on the treadmill when I started jogging!! It wasn't too bad, I'll go again tomorrow hopefully after one day of rest.

I downloaded podrunner from iTunes and it helped me find a rhythm and keep me going. I'm looking through the apps right now to figure out which one to get... It's a pain to keep track of the time on the treadmill!!

Good luck to all of us :)

yea music is the best motivation. when I first started running i couldn't even get through one whole song of continous running haha

I'm late to this, but wanted to chime in. I started this program about a month ago, but then got sick over Presidents' Day weekend for a couple of weeks. Pair that with the huge snowstorm and a 3 day power outage, and well, I think I need to start from the beginning again. I am planning on starting this weekend.

Has anyone actually started it yet?

I use the Nike+ and I am really happy with it. It counts down each K for you and you can select what ever playlist you want to use on your iPod. At the end of your workout it tells you how far you went, time and calories burned. I finally went out today and ran a 5k and it felt great, there is nothing like it. I don't have the iPhone but I have the Droid and I downloaded CardioTraining but I have not tried it yet and I am so comfortable with the Nike+ and I know it is reliable but I figured with the ice on the streets or if I have a heart attack from being out of shape it would be good to have my cell phone!