Sign in to follow this  
BeachBride83

AHR in Chicago???

It really depends on your size and budget. We used a friend's house and yard in the city with catered food, bartenders, etc., but no DJ or sit down dinner because otherwise it would have been just as costly as having the wedding in Chicago. But a lot of brides do plan on that and if so, there are tons of places in Chicago that work.

Yeah, we def don't want to have a sit-down dinner becuase you are right, that would be just as much as a normal wedding. We are just hoping to throw a big party with open bar/appetizers and need to figure out a nicer place within our budget to do it. I wish I had a friend with a big enough house! :)

Sounds like maybe a larger restaurant would work and be more budget friendly. I'll try to do some brainstorming! We was soooo lucky to have my friend's amazing house - I don't think we could have done an AHR otherwise.

I have been looking into this a lot and think that The Green Dolphin would be a great place to have our AHR. They have a garden/atrium area that you can rent out and I don't think it is too expensive. I am waiting to hear back from them so we will see!

I was looking for something casual like a friends backyard also. But I found a mansion in Lemont that rents out their grounds for only $500. For 150 ppl, Im doing all my rentals, food and bar for under $10,000.

I was totally going to say to look into renting a house!!! I think that's just perfect! And in the summer I'm sure the grounds will be just phenominal!

You might be surprised, however here in the Midwest, summer books up VERY quickly. So you definitely want to book that sooner than later.