Jump to content

Photo

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#681 choeft201

choeft201
  • Jr. Member
  • 156 posts

    Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

    I hit my 1st weight goal..and dropped from a size 12 to an 8 (that was a year of hard work). I would still love to get down 5-10 pounds and I have 3 months...getting excited..nothing like a wedding dress and wearing a bathing suit in front of family and friends to get me going. I also put a picture on my treadmill of a model in a wedding dress that looks a bit like my dress...that skinny chick pisses me off and makes me work harder : )


    Puerto Vallarta...June 18th, 2011

    #682 Sharon99

    Sharon99
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

      I like my protein drink as well.

      Its from GNC & its called Pro Performance Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. Chocolate flavor. It tastes great!


      @choeft201 - that is awesome! Congrats! I am sure it wasn't easy! It's definitely motivation knowing your friends & family will be there. LOL about the picture!! Hey if it helps right!

       

      Originally Posted by NEMMERZ 


       


       

      I love my protein drink, its 30G of protein, 3 G fat and 160 calories.......i think its only like 10 oz.

      I get it at Costco..........its just called Kirkland Chocolate Protein Shake.

       

      What takes just as good is the Muscle Milk Light Chocolate which is about the same ingredients.....Give that a try, i really like it.

       

      It comes ready to drink, no mixing or powders......i drink after my workout......i have it in my gym bag, i dont drink it every day tho....

       



       



      #683 richarsd

      richarsd
      • Jr. Member
      • 331 posts

        Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

        Hi ladies,

         

        I think that this is an excellent question. Now I'll start by saying that I'm NOT a nutritionist so take that for whatever you will, however, I do consider myself to be fairly well-read on the subject and through my own personal experience know that the 1000, 1200 or whatever recommendations are generally BS. I think often those recommendations are based on doing very little to know physical activity...so someone who is 5'2 and 120 lbs can certainly survive on 1000 calories a day if they lied in bed all day lone...that's like the minimum your body needs. However, if you're only consuming 1000 calories, you're probably not getting nearly all the vitamins and minerals you need!

         

        I stopped following all those calorie counting websites because basically I think they're a load of garbage. I used to follow them quite a lot and lost either no weight or maybe like 2 lbs while feeling sluggish and grumpy. However, I am currently 5,2" and 118 lbs...however, believe it or not, I eat around 1800 calories a day and about 80 g of fat (all GOOD fat) and I have actually lost weight by eating this way (and I know many others who have too)...all lean protein, veggies, very low carb (most of my carbs are from veggies and like half a cup of oats or All Bran in the morning), and no dairy. I know this sounds extreme...these are the basic fundamentals of an athletic or bodybuilding diet...it does not mean you will end up looking like a body builder but the general principal is, to look lean, you need to eat lean (but that doesn't mean starving yourself as you can see from the amount of calories and fat above) - once you hit that point, you can incorporate some more carbs and dairy back into your diet and some occasional fun stuff (cheesecake is like one of my best friends...in moderation, lol). And always eat every3-4 hours!

         

        Originally Posted by kiwibride 

        Diamond girl i am the same as you i am 5'1 1/2 and weigh 135 pounds my goal is to get to 125-130 i was 148 when i started!!  The last 10 days i have really started to see a change!  Good luck and keep it up.  I have 4 weeks to go until we leave!
         



         



         



        #684 sxcT

        sxcT
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,282 posts

          Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

          Shannon - you give such great advice!!  Everything you say is correct and the way/what you eat is great. 

           

           

          Originally Posted by richarsd 

          Hi ladies,

           

          I think that this is an excellent question. Now I'll start by saying that I'm NOT a nutritionist so take that for whatever you will, however, I do consider myself to be fairly well-read on the subject and through my own personal experience know that the 1000, 1200 or whatever recommendations are generally BS. I think often those recommendations are based on doing very little to know physical activity...so someone who is 5'2 and 120 lbs can certainly survive on 1000 calories a day if they lied in bed all day lone...that's like the minimum your body needs. However, if you're only consuming 1000 calories, you're probably not getting nearly all the vitamins and minerals you need!

           

          I stopped following all those calorie counting websites because basically I think they're a load of garbage. I used to follow them quite a lot and lost either no weight or maybe like 2 lbs while feeling sluggish and grumpy. However, I am currently 5,2" and 118 lbs...however, believe it or not, I eat around 1800 calories a day and about 80 g of fat (all GOOD fat) and I have actually lost weight by eating this way (and I know many others who have too)...all lean protein, veggies, very low carb (most of my carbs are from veggies and like half a cup of oats or All Bran in the morning), and no dairy. I know this sounds extreme...these are the basic fundamentals of an athletic or bodybuilding diet...it does not mean you will end up looking like a body builder but the general principal is, to look lean, you need to eat lean (but that doesn't mean starving yourself as you can see from the amount of calories and fat above) - once you hit that point, you can incorporate some more carbs and dairy back into your diet and some occasional fun stuff (cheesecake is like one of my best friends...in moderation, lol). And always eat every3-4 hours!

           



           



           



          #685 richarsd

          richarsd
          • Jr. Member
          • 331 posts

            Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

            Thanks SxcT! :)



            #686 Nan

            Nan
            • Member
            • 599 posts

              Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:57 PM



              Originally Posted by NEMMERZ 


               


               

              I love my protein drink, its 30G of protein, 3 G fat and 160 calories.......i think its only like 10 oz.

              I get it at Costco..........its just called Kirkland Chocolate Protein Shake.

               

              What takes just as good is the Muscle Milk Light Chocolate which is about the same ingredients.....Give that a try, i really like it.

               

              It comes ready to drink, no mixing or powders......i drink after my workout......i have it in my gym bag, i dont drink it every day tho....

               


              I´ll try this one! TXS!

               


              Nan and Erik forever!!!

              #687 NikkiT1021

              NikkiT1021
              • Jr. Member
              • 210 posts

                Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

                Muscle Milk light is fantastic!  I also LOVE the "Pure Protein" bars (really cheap at Walmart or Target). The chocolate chip is really yummy.  20G of protein in one bar and only 200 calories.  Good for breakfast with a banana and a glass of OJ. 



                #688 DiamondGirl

                DiamondGirl
                • Member
                • 710 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

                  Glad you're seeing some changes!! Keep it up :) I know I can get there, it's just so much harder to lose the weight. When I was in my 20's, the weight would just melt off with minimal effort. I'm definitely working harder and eating better. I'm seeing the results, I just wish I could get there faster.
                   

                  Originally Posted by kiwibride 

                  Diamond girl i am the same as you i am 5'1 1/2 and weigh 135 pounds my goal is to get to 125-130 i was 148 when i started!!  The last 10 days i have really started to see a change!  Good luck and keep it up.  I have 4 weeks to go until we leave!
                   



                   



                   



                  #689 ckntb

                  ckntb
                  • Newbie
                  • 122 posts

                    Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

                    I'm two months into doing P90X and have seen great results so far...it is a challenging schedule to get into but it has given me some structure in my workout routines and I can do it any time of day as it is done from the comfort of your own home.



                    #690 DiamondGirl

                    DiamondGirl
                    • Member
                    • 710 posts

                      Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

                      How many days a week do you workout?

                       

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by ckntb 

                      I'm two months into doing P90X and have seen great results so far...it is a challenging schedule to get into but it has given me some structure in my workout routines and I can do it any time of day as it is done from the comfort of your own home.



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users