Photo

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#521 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

Tennyt1 - If you belong to a Gym,  they normally have classes that have weight training where you work all the major muscle groups in an hour.  I belong to a Gold"s Gym and the class is called "Body  Pump" . I know at different gyms call it different things. But essentially they are all the same. The Instructor plays a music track for each muscle group and you do about 3 or 4 exersices per muscle group. Its a great way to get in some lifting.

#522 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

I gues I'm weird cause I always think that the classes are not enough.

Originally Posted by JetsettinBride 

Tennyt1 - If you belong to a Gym,  they normally have classes that have weight training where you work all the major muscle groups in an hour.  I belong to a Gold"s Gym and the class is called "Body  Pump" . I know at different gyms call it different things. But essentially they are all the same. The Instructor plays a music track for each muscle group and you do about 3 or 4 exersices per muscle group. Its a great way to get in some lifting.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#523 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

Those classes wouldn't be enough if you are trying to become a body builder - but they are definitely a great way to get started with weights.  And you get to choose how heavy of a weight you use - so you can increase the intensity as much as you want.  But let me say that for a weights class you normally use less weight than you would for regular lifting as they often have you doing a lot more repititions.

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

Quote:

#524 Kristibear

Kristibear
        • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Tenny,

I belong to 24 hour fitness and they have a bunch of machines in the front that is sectioned off for a 30 minute turbo burn.  It incorporates all muscle groups and you do 1 set of 15 on each one, then you repeat.  You finish it off with 20 minutes of cardio and by then you should be tired.  Try something like that and if all else fails, start thinking about investing in P90X.  I am a little intimidated by how difficult it sounds, but it's definately worth a try.  Good Luck!

#525 Cherazi

Cherazi
          • 196 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

My friend/trainer has a pretty good blog with some great tips:

http://fitnfabyou.bl...h/label/Fitness

She is a big believer in weight training as well. She has been helping me out lot.

Enjoy!

#526 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Thanks ladies for all of your input.

#527 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

I'm going to check out this blog tonight!

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

She is a big believer in weight training as well. She has been helping me out lot.

Enjoy!

#528 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

The classes are good but usually the trainers do not walk around to make sure ppl are using proper form.  It makes me cringe when I see ppl throwing weight around like that without really understanding what they are doing.  But if you understand how to do the exercise properly I would agree that the classes are great weight training and cardio session all packed into one.

I also like the 24hr circuit that they have.  They are machines so you don't have to worry too much about form since you are in a fixed range of motion.  It is quick and simple since it takes the guesswork out of "what exercise should I do next".   

#529 richarsd

richarsd
                  • 331 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yeah I always found the classes to not be enough...they were great to get started though! Last month, I got a trainer and he's got me doing what for me is "serious weight training", lol. Very different than the regular dumb bells I was used to before, haha. Deadlifts, squats with 70 lb bars...all very new to me! But it's already working and I think it's the best way to go if you want to tone quickly! Not sure where us ladies get the idea that we're going to "bulk up" by listing weights...we simply do not have enough testosterone in us for that to be possible.

Originally Posted by Tennyt1 

Quote:

#530 richarsd

richarsd
                    • 331 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

Excellent blog!!! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

Enjoy!

Back to Beauty, Exercise, Diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users