Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#301 mmcst38

mmcst38
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

So I haven't gotten back into the workout routine yet (my wrists have been killing me from painting my basement and 30 Day Shred calls for push ups) but I have been eating much better.

Has anyone ever tried recipes from Now Eat This! by Rocco DiSpirito? I got it for Christmas from my FMIL (I asked for it) and it takes popular recipes and knocks down the calories to less than 350. I have made meals from it for the past two nights for dinner and both myself and my FI really like it so far. I made chicken piccata last night and tonight we had chicken tortilla soup (delish and nice for a snowy night).

So I have started to eat better and hopefully tomorrow morning I can get back into working out. Basement will be done soon so I will have workout space again as well :)

And we are getting a second pup next Friday so that will keep me moving :)

I have 11 months until the wedding, so I have time, but I just really want to feel great about myself.

I lost some weight before I went dress shopping and felt awesome. I don't have a ton to lose, maybe 10 pounds, but I need to tone so I look hot in a bikini!!

hey amanda whats the average cal count on the servings of his meals. love rocco disparito book sounds awesome

May 13, 2011
    Riu Resort
    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#302 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
    • 509 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Everything is less than 350.

The soup I had yesterday was 184, the chicken was around 310 I think.

Pretty good flavour so far.

He is on the biggest loser sometimes.

Trying the buffalo chicken fingers tonight.

Originally Posted by mmcst38 

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

So I haven't gotten back into the workout routine yet (my wrists have been killing me from painting my basement and 30 Day Shred calls for push ups) but I have been eating much better.

Has anyone ever tried recipes from Now Eat This! by Rocco DiSpirito? I got it for Christmas from my FMIL (I asked for it) and it takes popular recipes and knocks down the calories to less than 350. I have made meals from it for the past two nights for dinner and both myself and my FI really like it so far. I made chicken piccata last night and tonight we had chicken tortilla soup (delish and nice for a snowy night).

So I have started to eat better and hopefully tomorrow morning I can get back into working out. Basement will be done soon so I will have workout space again as well :)

And we are getting a second pup next Friday so that will keep me moving :)

I have 11 months until the wedding, so I have time, but I just really want to feel great about myself.

I lost some weight before I went dress shopping and felt awesome. I don't have a ton to lose, maybe 10 pounds, but I need to tone so I look hot in a bikini!!

hey amanda whats the average cal count on the servings of his meals. love rocco disparito book sounds awesome

#303 eholt

eholt
      • 528 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Diva you sound line me.  I am 5'7", 155 lbs.  I simply want to tone my arms and tummy.  Well actually there is tummy fat I need to eliminate so its not as "simple" as toning!  I LOVE SWEETS!  I craved them each afternoon and evening.  I am trying to sub it for fruit but its tough at times.  I really just want to get my mouth wired for 2 weeks or so!  I know...I need some discipline. 

May will be here sooner than later.  HELP!

Originally Posted by Diva 

Ok Vettie, I think we are following eachother 

I want to lose 10 pounds by March 14 and tone up and i KNOW it is doable.  No shame, I am 5'9 and 163 right now...

I actually started WW yesterday and I felt kind of out of place there, matter of fact I got a lot of nasty "why are you here?" kind of looks, so I did NOT feel very welcomed by the other members.  I plan to only do it for one month, along with alternating days of P90x and gym time.

MY PROBLEM IS SUGAR!!! I crave sweets big time.  Also, it is SO hard to get motivated to get up and go to the gym in the evenings after a long day at work! I am a maniac in the gym on weekends, but I have to do better during the week somehow.

ok, I should probably go now right? LOL

Any tips for my 2 month journey?

May 19, 2011
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
        Montego Bay, Jamaica
        http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#304 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
        • Banned
        • 630 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:49 AM

I am in the same boat - I love sweets and that is what lets me know the meal is over, so without them I can just keep eating.  I wanted to pass on a trick I have used in the past and have just started up again - buy a pack of hard candy (like Werthers or Creme Savers) and have one of those when you are craving desserts.  They are about 20 - 25 cal each and can help satisfy that sweet tooth without busting the diet. 

Originally Posted by eholt 

Diva you sound line me.  I am 5'7", 155 lbs.  I simply want to tone my arms and tummy.  Well actually there is tummy fat I need to eliminate so its not as "simple" as toning!  I LOVE SWEETS!  I craved them each afternoon and evening.  I am trying to sub it for fruit but its tough at times.  I really just want to get my mouth wired for 2 weeks or so!  I know...I need some discipline. 

May will be here sooner than later.  HELP!

#305 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 

I'm with you girls...I have until July.  I need to lose at least 30 pounds.  I got an elliptical for Christmas, so I'm going to start using that EVERY day.  I'm also going to do make myself eat chicken, brown rice, and broccoli for a while...5 small meals a day.  I know that sounds drastic, but I can't let myself have options or I'll cheat...I know me!  I have put off dress shopping because my first experience was so depressing, but I have an appointment the end of January...hoping to lose about 10 pounds by then and then go a little slower as my wedding gets closer.  What's your plan, ladies???

I am the same as you!  I am wanting to lose 30 lbs (more would be better) for my July wedding.  I have gone dress shopping and when it came to order my dress, my waist measurement was closer to the next size. I ended up ordering the smaller size because the next size up would of cost more. So I have to lose 3 inches off my waist for the dress to fit.  I know I can do it I have lost weight in the past.

I am following the diet I got with my Turbo Jam dvd.  I plan on exercising every morning before work ( riding my stationary bike, and Jillian's 30 day shred)  also going to hit the gym 3 times a week.

Good luck month and weight loss twin lol

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#306 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
            • 899 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi girls,

I am trying to be in the "best shape of my life" for my wedding.  I could stand to lose maybe 5 - 8 pounds.  I'm not big, but definitely more round in places than I'd like to be.  I've been religious at the gym for probably 3 years now, and I thought my metabolism would speed up and eventually the weight would come off.  But, apparently that's not the case.  So, i suppose I need to start eating better.  Boo, I am so not good at that!!!

#307 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Tisha, what gym do you go to?

#308 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                • 710 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Hi girls,

I am trying to be in the "best shape of my life" for my wedding.  I could stand to lose maybe 5 - 8 pounds.  I'm not big, but definitely more round in places than I'd like to be.  I've been religious at the gym for probably 3 years now, and I thought my metabolism would speed up and eventually the weight would come off.  But, apparently that's not the case.  So, i suppose I need to start eating better.  Boo, I am so not good at that!!!

You may have to change your workout routine. You're probably not dropping anymore weight because your body has become accustomed to the routine. This is what I was told by my friend's trainer. Better eating habits will definitely help you drop down a few pounds.

#309 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                  • 899 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

Brandy, I go to World Gym in La Plata.  I just started doing a "bridal bootcamp" routine I got from a book.  I do diversify my workout, and it doesn't seem to change anything.  The routine we are doing now starts with a warm up, some abs (different every day), a strength training section (different each day as well), and ends with interval cardio for 20 mins. 

#310 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                    • 899 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

I am doing a cardio bootcamp class tonight that is absolutely brutal.  No doubt in my mind it's worse than running a 5k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users