Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

Super great!!! Weight loss!!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
    April 6, 2012

#262 missgomes

missgomes
    • 296 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

I used to go to the gym everyday.  Now... not A DAY.  LOL   And now I'm "fat" and dont want to go to the gym and have people looking at me like, "WHOA, what happened!"

Silly, I know.

#263 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

I completely understand, what if you went to an all women's gym or something?

Or you could just do work out tapes at home, they work really well, and they are much more convenient!

#264 missgomes

missgomes
        • 296 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

I will be!!!

#265 shelbs97

shelbs97
          • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

This is a great thread! I started my "wedding diet" too late....only about 6 months before my wedding which is May 21, 2011.  I'm doing Weight Watchers because I did it years ago and had great results.  So, have been doing it for 3 weeks and I'm down 6 pounds.  The gym is really what's doing it for me, I usually go at least 5 days a week for an hour.  My total that I want to lose is 50 pounds.  If I can just lose 2 pounds a week I'll make it!!

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#266 missgomes

missgomes
            • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

I'm on the WW bandwagon again.  I will slowly get back to going to the gym.  I'm back to prepping my food for the week.  May 28th will be here quicker than I think!

#267 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
              • 296 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

This thread is great!  Thank you for posting.  I lost motivation after finding out that I can't run anymore (who gets arthritis in the knees at 33??) and gained 15 lbs.  I hope to lose it by my July 2011 wedding.  Two pounds down so far, and heading to the gym right now.

By the way -- I LOVE the before and after picture idea.  Thanks for sharing those!

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#268 missgomes

missgomes
                • 296 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi All.

I love to cook and I love to eat!  I love this blog!  Hope this helps!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Have a great day!

#269 missgomes

missgomes
                  • 296 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff 

This thread is great!  Thank you for posting.  I lost motivation after finding out that I can't run anymore (who gets arthritis in the knees at 33??) and gained 15 lbs.  I hope to lose it by my July 2011 wedding.  Two pounds down so far, and heading to the gym right now.

By the way -- I LOVE the before and after picture idea.  Thanks for sharing those!

What are you doing to lose weight?

#270 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
                    • 296 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by missgomes 

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LisaandJeff 

What are you doing to lose weight?

At the gym (when I get to the gym -- that's the hard part!!), I ride the bike for 20 and do the elliptical machine for 20 to 30 minutes, then do free weights, planks, and ab work depending on how much time I have.  Usually I only have time for weights or abs, not both.  Hoping this will magically change somehow!  The other thing that I am signing up for is called The Dailey Method (you can google it to see if it's in your area) which is like a really intense pilates class.  It is HARD but really helps to improve tone.  A similar program is The Bar Method, but I find that Dailey can modify their exercises in a way that works for my bad knees.  Much to my fiance's dismay, I have also taken up Zumba.  If you haven't tried it, you should!  It is so much fun that an hour passes by without you even noticing that you're sweating!   

As for my diet...  I need to do a better job with portions.  But for the last few months I have tried to eliminate anything processed or made with modified anything, in addition to cutting out all red meat and most dairy.  Have you ever read Skinny Bitch?  That book is amazing but not for meat lovers.  If you can get through the politics, it definitely tells you in a factual yet funny way what is making us -- especially Americans -- fat.  It inspired me to try to go completely vegan and mostly raw for a month, but it was HARD.  I loved the way that I looked and felt (I had so much energy!) and so I might try it again before the wedding.  But definitely after the holidays.  :) In the meantime I am going to use that amazing website that you posted!

What are you trying?

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users