Photo

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#191 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

Hi girls, I really need to jump back on this thread. I am trying to find my motivation.  I went dress shopping last Saturday and it was very humiliating. Its a good job I have a sense of humor. I brought my sister (who is very over weight) and my BF who is also over weight.  All the sample dresses were a size 6 I am a street size 16 so can you just imagine.  I was wearing my suck everything in bodyshaper.  Thank god the sales girl who of course was a size -2 lol left me in the change room alone.  The first dress was beautiful a halter style, I thought okay I should be able to slip into this dress feet first. OMG I heard a rip, there was no way that sucker was going past my hips.  I tried putting it on over my head, my hair barrette went flying off and I got all tangled in the dress lol. I quickly put the dress on the hanger. Sales girl pops in to help at this point lol. We managed to slide the other dresses over my head and I kinda wiggled and jiggled in the dresses.  Of course non of them did up at the back. At first I was so embarrassed, when I came out of the dressing room it seemed everyone was staring at me and thinking that poor woman there is nothing here to fit her. After the initial shock was over I just went with the flow and all 3 of us had lots of laughs.  I had planned on going shopping in December but the Maggie Sottero dress I loved on line was being discontinued. Turns out it was not the dress for me. I did find my dress and its still a Maggie Sottero  -  Odessa, and its not being discontinued so I will be able to order it in December.  So I would love to at least drop 1 dress size before I get measured! 

Here are my stats.

July 8, 2011

Junk food, fast food take out,

I have started Jillian 30 day shred

plan on going back to the gym!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#192 mistibuard

mistibuard
    • 444 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

I am glad that you were able to laugh at everything (your sense of humor reminds me of mine). However, once we all get our mind set on our goals then we're destined to succeed!

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

Hi girls, I really need to jump back on this thread. I am trying to find my motivation.  I went dress shopping last Saturday and it was very humiliating. Its a good job I have a sense of humor. I brought my sister (who is very over weight) and my BF who is also over weight.  All the sample dresses were a size 6 I am a street size 16 so can you just imagine.  I was wearing my suck everything in bodyshaper.  Thank god the sales girl who of course was a size -2 lol left me in the change room alone.  The first dress was beautiful a halter style, I thought okay I should be able to slip into this dress feet first. OMG I heard a rip, there was no way that sucker was going past my hips.  I tried putting it on over my head, my hair barrette went flying off and I got all tangled in the dress lol. I quickly put the dress on the hanger. Sales girl pops in to help at this point lol. We managed to slide the other dresses over my head and I kinda wiggled and jiggled in the dresses.  Of course non of them did up at the back. At first I was so embarrassed, when I came out of the dressing room it seemed everyone was staring at me and thinking that poor woman there is nothing here to fit her. After the initial shock was over I just went with the flow and all 3 of us had lots of laughs.  I had planned on going shopping in December but the Maggie Sottero dress I loved on line was being discontinued. Turns out it was not the dress for me. I did find my dress and its still a Maggie Sottero  -  Odessa, and its not being discontinued so I will be able to order it in December.  So I would love to at least drop 1 dress size before I get measured! 

Here are my stats.

July 8, 2011

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#193 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
      • 235 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

sunstarsmoon I totally know how you feel!

i wear a size 14 and everywhere i went they only had "sample size 6" I was like are you kidding me?!?!? where are the real people sizes ?!?!? The first shop i felt very sad. But we ended up going to a really nice shop that had all shapes and sizes and i felt way better and found my dress :)

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon 

Here are my stats.

July 8, 2011

#194 Showtime1111

Showtime1111
        • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hey gals great job.

OKAY I am seeing a familair thing here..great expectations..and little time or a lot of time.

Let's do it week by week..for those of you getting married 6 months more more from now...Do not try on a dress...first of all it will make you more depressed.

It's simple you want a fab dress, if you want to lose more than 10 pounds..then you have to realize what you THINK you will look good in now might be completely different 10 pounds plus later.

Best bet..try on the dress 3 months before..your not going to change much.. in actuallity for a body to lose weight to stay off takes 10 weeks..and to gain the same.

I get it you want to see your dream dress..it's really easy to plan the entire event and the only thing you want to be perfect is you..you can't do this until you know what you will be.

Remember the saying save the best for last.

Train, eat clean..changes make all the difference.

Now for those who need motivation...if I seem harsh..well you asked...

Exercise can be a routine, like brushing your teeth, it only makes you look and feel  better..now do you know why they have drive-thrus..so you don't have to walk. so that the fat can just pop right in the car seat beside you and as you get older well it just keeps hanging around..it doesn't make you better, it makes you feel worse.

Don't judge that skinny chick when you eat a cheeseburger, you are the same as her, she walked you drove.

#195 scuba stevi

scuba stevi
          • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

I understand where you're coming from but FYI it takes anywhere from 4 to 8 months to recieve a dress once you've ordered it ....so buying a dress 3 months before the wedding won't work unless you're planning on buying off the rack.

Originally Posted by Showtime1111 

Hey gals great job.

OKAY I am seeing a familair thing here..great expectations..and little time or a lot of time.

Let's do it week by week..for those of you getting married 6 months more more from now...Do not try on a dress...first of all it will make you more depressed.

It's simple you want a fab dress, if you want to lose more than 10 pounds..then you have to realize what you THINK you will look good in now might be completely different 10 pounds plus later.

Best bet..try on the dress 3 months before..your not going to change much.. in actuallity for a body to lose weight to stay off takes 10 weeks..and to gain the same.

I get it you want to see your dream dress..it's really easy to plan the entire event and the only thing you want to be perfect is you..you can't do this until you know what you will be.

Remember the saying save the best for last.

Train, eat clean..changes make all the difference.

Now for those who need motivation...if I seem harsh..well you asked...

Exercise can be a routine, like brushing your teeth, it only makes you look and feel  better..now do you know why they have drive-thrus..so you don't have to walk. so that the fat can just pop right in the car seat beside you and as you get older well it just keeps hanging around..it doesn't make you better, it makes you feel worse.

Don't judge that skinny chick when you eat a cheeseburger, you are the same as her, she walked you drove.

#196 BrysBride2Be

BrysBride2Be
            • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

OOOOH Count me in, I need to lose 30lbs in 6months or less!! It shouldn't be hard but we know it is!! Good luck everyone!

#197 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
              • 710 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hello ladies!!

I'm currently 151lbs and ideally would like to go down to 130-135ish. That's 21 lbs. Last time I weighed 135 was about 7 yrs ago when I came out of the police academy. I'm determined to lose the weight. I back into my working out and i'm going hard. I started my "Insanity" videos. Today was day 2. It was kick ass but I feel great!! I will reach my goal and I constantly tell myself this to keep me motivated. What I like about the workout session is that it's a 30 minute workout video, including warm up and cool down. You're ultimately going hard for about 20 minutes. I highly recommend the video.

#198 Showtime1111

Showtime1111
                • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

how's everyone doing ----I ordered my amino acids and fat burners today. I am going on major burn for the trip to dominican in december.

That's 8 weeks away and my goal is to drop 5-6 pounds, it may not sound alot but I have a small frame so it really looks like a lot on me which totally sucks.

Still 112 in weight this week, need to adjust my diet to more low carbs, increase green tea consumption.

I'm finding it really hard to eat dinner before 8...I am moving in 2 weeks so alot evening to - do's --although my workouts have been consistant - 5/6 days a week.

This week I am going to increase cardio to 1 hour and stay away from the breads.

Have a great week everyone.

#199 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

Hi girls,

I just finished my first week.  I am down 8lbs but still have a long way to go.  I am low carbing and have cut out all breads, pasta, potatoes etc.  I don't expect much of a weight loss at all this week.  From my past experience I always have a great weight loss the first week. 2nd week not so great.

I have about 6 weeks until I have to order my dress and hoping to have at least lost 20 lbs before then. I guess we will see what happens!

My goal for this week, is to add daily exercise, I have Jullian's 30 day shred and I also have a stationary bike, so no excuses lol

Have a great week ladies

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#200 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:43 AM

I have been tracking a about a pound per week weight loss....

I am trying to be careful with what I eat and count calories (and when I say count, I mean more like approximate). I have been working out about 5x's per week. I am going to try to add in 3 additional workouts this week and see how it goes. I'm thinking if I could sneak in 2-3 walks during lunch and maybe 2 workouts in the morning, plus what I already do in the evening, it will really help give me an extra boost!

Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users