Photo

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#101 SonyaR

SonyaR
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

I ordered my dress a couple of weeks ago and am very pear shaped. I was mortified at the size they had to order it to accommodate my hips but it will be way too big on top as is every dress I buy. There is a 4 dress size difference from my top to my bottom and they will have to alter it so much it's embarrassing.

I had no choice but to order it now as it won't be in until December and my wedding is in March and we'll still have the alterations to do. Regardless there will have to be alterations to to my size difference from top to bottom so I guess it doesn't matter.

This was a reality check for me that I need to get my butt moving and have joined a boot camp that starts Monday for 8 weeks. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.

#102 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by SonyaR 

I ordered my dress a couple of weeks ago and am very pear shaped. I was mortified at the size they had to order it to accommodate my hips but it will be way too big on top as is every dress I buy. There is a 4 dress size difference from my top to my bottom and they will have to alter it so much it's embarrassing.

I had no choice but to order it now as it won't be in until December and my wedding is in March and we'll still have the alterations to do. Regardless there will have to be alterations to to my size difference from top to bottom so I guess it doesn't matter.

This was a reality check for me that I need to get my butt moving and have joined a boot camp that starts Monday for 8 weeks. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.

Good luck at boot camp :-)

I weighed myself this week and have lost a pound :-) Very happy about this. Next week im scared as i have had such a bad week this week... im so hungry and have eaten out of sorts, im moody and irritable this week too, and im jsut sat on the couch as we speak thinking of food... im so gald we dont have chocolate, crisps biscuits etc in the house... as i would have eaten them all by now.... i feel sorry for FI who is making such an effort with me as he know im in a mood, and i have such an attitude.... i wish i could get out of it but i cant.... im driving myself (and FI) mad..... sorry for the moan, thats all i seem to do when ipop in here!!!!!

I have done my exercise for today though, i did 30 mins on exercise bike this morning :-) x

x

#103 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
      • 286 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hang in there, the slower you loose the longer it stays off.  I nees to loose 15 lbs for my wedding next year in november and I am starting now. 

Protein, protein, protein>>>>

#104 SonyaR

SonyaR
        • 299 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

First Booty Fitness Camp was night and I am sore all over today. Even my fingers hurt from the burpees but as much as I hurt after the class I felt energized which I was surprised about as I am usually I'm complaining because I hate exercising so much.

I too am soooo hungry all the time. I need to find some good filling, healthy snacks. Any suggestons?

My FI is the absolute best. He knows how much I hate exercising and that I usually make every excuse not to so for me to commit to this is a big thing. When I got home last night there was a sign on the door he made that said,"Congratulations on your first booty camp. You are a star". How cute is that?

#105 mistibuard

mistibuard
          • 444 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

Hi SonyaR,   Like you, I am hungry all of the time too..so I only buy healthy snacks for the house- apples, bananas,  grapes, sugar-free jello, etc. Try to keep healthy snacks at your beckon call- it will help you from eating the foods that you're trying to avoid eating.   Congrats on your first boot camp also! What a great way to start! Learn all that you can, and continue to incorporate those exercises once the camp has ended.
            **Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#106 SonyaR

SonyaR
            • 299 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Mistibuard,

Definitely fruits are a good idea to keep around the house. I totally forgot about sugar-free jello. That's a great suggestion and you can throw fruit on it as well. I have to keep some healthy stuff at my desk as well.

Originally Posted by mistibuard 

Hi SonyaR,   Like you, I am hungry all of the time too..so I only buy healthy snacks for the house- apples, bananas,  grapes, sugar-free jello, etc. Try to keep healthy snacks at your beckon call- it will help you from eating the foods that you're trying to avoid eating.   Congrats on your first boot camp also! What a great way to start! Learn all that you can, and continue to incorporate those exercises once the camp has ended.

#107 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
              • 543 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

I got my MOH on board to come to the gym with me (we both wanna look "good" in swimsuits - haha) so that way we can motivate each other. We're going to try some drop in classes this week. Hopefully we will stick with it!

#108 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

Weighed mysef on wed... Stayed the same this week... But happy with that because i DIDNT put on and i thought i would so heres to next week :-) xox

Arrrr, SonyaR.... That is the cutest thing :-) What a lovely FI you have xo

#109 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

That booty camp class sound like fun - I love junk food so I have sub them for the 100 calorie pack snacks.  I try to limit my self to no more than 1 of these a day though.  I also love the Jello- chocolate sensations - they are very low carb and sugar too.  Yummy!

I am now down 24.6 lbs since February, I have about 11lbs to go.  It is a journey but so worth it so keep up the good work ladies!!!

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#110 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
                    • 276 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

I'm also hungry all the time.  I've had my blood sugar tested before, but I literally get nauseous if I go too long without eating.  I always thought that winter time was the hardest, but this summer I seem to just be wanting to stay inside with the AC on and not get all hot and sweaty doing a workout and I've just been craving cookout food and margaritas... It's so hard!  I ordered my dress a size smaller than what I am now too so I really need to kick the bad habits!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users