Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rus

Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

Recommended Posts

Well ladies...i've been slacking. :(

I promised myself that starting tomorrow its GO TIME :-P lol I'm going to start to be very consious of what i put in my mouth and going to start with yoga to see how my injury reacts and then pick it up from there. I'm also going to walk every day for 45 minutes when i get home from work. i'd like to lose 15 to 20 pounds by my wedding in October. I really hope i can do it...i just have to really put my mind to it!!! wish me luck :) cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck Janet, That's great that you still have 6 months to reach your goa,l 2.5 to 3 pounds a month and you will get there!  I wish i had started 6 months ago!!
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

Well ladies...i've been slacking. :(

I promised myself that starting tomorrow its GO TIME :-P lol I'm going to start to be very consious of what i put in my mouth and going to start with yoga to see how my injury reacts and then pick it up from there. I'm also going to walk every day for 45 minutes when i get home from work. i'd like to lose 15 to 20 pounds by my wedding in October. I really hope i can do it...i just have to really put my mind to it!!! wish me luck :) cheer2.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


when you put it that way its even more motivitating. When you hear or say 20 pounds its seems like so much but when you break it up the way you did at 3 pounds a month....seems super easy...lets hope it is :P

 

You can do it regardless Kiwi....think of the end goal of wedding dress and bikini :)
 

Originally Posted by kiwibride View Post

Good luck Janet, That's great that you still have 6 months to reach your goa,l 2.5 to 3 pounds a month and you will get there!  I wish i had started 6 months ago!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck Janet! Yoga is an awesome way to ease into things.

 

I do P90X as well! I did it after my daughter was born and only did it like 1/2 the time but it still worked well. I just started last week, but it's def. kicking my butt so far. And I agree, even though it is hard to fit in working out that much, it's nice to be able to do it at home!

 

Diamond Girl: The program is set up so you work out 6 days a week and on the 7th day there is an optional 'stretch' video, or you can just rest. The workout take anywhere from an hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still going strong on SB...lost a total of 17 lb since mid January and the weight is still coming off! All of my friends and family are seeing my results and complimenting me on my loss...this is giving me more motivation for the extra 20 lb I have to loss before December for my wedding!! I have a friends DW in Cancun in less than 2 months so that's my 1st goal!

 

Going to look for bridesmaids dresses on Saturday with my bridal party and I get to put my dress on for all of them for the first time! ! Since I've been having doubts about my dress so I'm happy to be able to try it on again now that I lost some weight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizk23 View Post

Good luck Janet! Yoga is an awesome way to ease into things.

 

I do P90X as well! I did it after my daughter was born and only did it like 1/2 the time but it still worked well. I just started last week, but it's def. kicking my butt so far. And I agree, even though it is hard to fit in working out that much, it's nice to be able to do it at home!

 

Diamond Girl: The program is set up so you work out 6 days a week and on the 7th day there is an optional 'stretch' video, or you can just rest. The workout take anywhere from an hour to 1 1/2 hours.


Thanks! i did my first 30 mins last night. Some of the stretches were impossible with my back but i did what i could! every day i keep going i'm hoping it will get easier. My back and hip flexer are in pretty bad shape. However SO much better then a year ago so I am happy there is improvement. Hence the reason i gained all this weight in the first place...i had to become a lazy bum to rest my injury :)
 

P90X sounds like a killer work out...hopefully in a month or two i can work my way up to trying it a few times a week :)



Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be View Post

Still going strong on SB...lost a total of 17 lb since mid January and the weight is still coming off! All of my friends and family are seeing my results and complimenting me on my loss...this is giving me more motivation for the extra 20 lb I have to loss before December for my wedding!! I have a friends DW in Cancun in less than 2 months so that's my 1st goal!

 

Going to look for bridesmaids dresses on Saturday with my bridal party and I get to put my dress on for all of them for the first time! ! Since I've been having doubts about my dress so I'm happy to be able to try it on again now that I lost some weight.

 

 



Thats fantastic! Congrats and keep it up! I'm sure you will be beautiful in your dress and your friends will love it. You should post a pic of yourself in your dress :) have fun!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting the "Special K Challenge" on Wednesday.  The program claims to have you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks but I am not expecting those results.  I'm hoping to lose 5 and get in a better eating routine. We'll see how it goes!

 

Has anyone else tried this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very frustrated today. I ate like a normal person for 5 days and I have gained 4 lbs! This is ridiculous! msncry.gif

 

I wish I could just be fat and happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting the "Special K Challenge" on Wednesday.  The program claims to have you lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks but I am not expecting those results.  I'm hoping to lose 5 and get in a better eating routine. We'll see how it goes!

 

Has anyone else tried this??

That claim sounds a little unreasonable, not to mention unhealthy. Since a pound of fat is 3500 calories, that would mean that by eating their diet you're burning 3750 more per day than you are consuming. I think your goal of five pounds is much more reasonable, only burning 1250 more calories per day than you're consuming. Have you done any calculations for you BMR which tells you how many calories you burn per day just based on your height, weight, and typical daily activities? There are a lot of online calculators for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awesome Janet, all the stretching will hopefully help loosen your muscles up and heal even faster! Being injured can be such a pain :( P90X is def. not for the faint of heart! Some of the videos are much harder than others but I like it and I try to push myself as much as I can even if I look like a dork trying to do some of the stuff haha

 

Cherazi - - - Don't beat yourself up so much! Scales lie to us, it's probably just water weight. If you really want to see how your body is changing you should consider just taking measurments of your waist, hips, leg, arm every week or 2. Scales are good to monitor large amounts of weight loss but they can vary by a few pounds...and you weigh differently at different parts of the day too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×