Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

rus

Thanks girls,

today i hope is a better day.;

i dont have tooo much stress, my job and homelife are pretty stable........no worries there really

i am just a stressful person to begin with.........ii stress over the weather..............LOL

So anywayz, i decided to make a purchase.

last nite I bought the Body Bugg, the one they use of the biggest loser........

its a lil pricey but I will know calories in and calories out......

i bought the Body Bugg SP which links to your smartphone and I can see exactly what my body is doing......

Steps i have taken calories burned.......i am so excited.........maybe i am not burning as many calories as i think

It certainly couldnt HURT......

it says you should be at a 500 calorie deficit daily.......so now i will be able to do that.........

OH, you will also be able to see a daily chart on how much you burn all day long........one girl said she burns one calorie a minute in her sleep./..seems like a lot huh??? I guess its that "breathing" thing we all do......LOL

thanks everyone for all your comments, it means alot to me..........i come on here everyday and check in...smile123.gif

I will be letting you know how well the BUGG works.........i cant waait............

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried Weight Watchers?  In meetings you get to talk to others and they really do help.  You sound frustrated witht he process you are using now....so it might help.

Originally Posted by NEMMERZ View Post

Thanks girls,

today i hope is a better day.;

i dont have tooo much stress, my job and homelife are pretty stable........no worries there really

i am just a stressful person to begin with.........ii stress over the weather..............LOL

So anywayz, i decided to make a purchase.

last nite I bought the Body Bugg, the one they use of the biggest loser........

its a lil pricey but I will know calories in and calories out......

i bought the Body Bugg SP which links to your smartphone and I can see exactly what my body is doing......

Steps i have taken calories burned.......i am so excited.........maybe i am not burning as many calories as i think

It certainly couldnt HURT......

it says you should be at a 500 calorie deficit daily.......so now i will be able to do that.........

OH, you will also be able to see a daily chart on how much you burn all day long........one girl said she burns one calorie a minute in her sleep./..seems like a lot huh??? I guess its that "breathing" thing we all do......LOL

thanks everyone for all your comments, it means alot to me..........i come on here everyday and check in...smile123.gif

I will be letting you know how well the BUGG works.........i cant waait............

Hi all,

I'm a registered dietitian, and just popped in to read a bit through these. I wanted to recommend a great tool for those of you unsure of how many calories you should be eating per day... http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

That calculator will help you to determine how many calories your body needs, and how many to take in if you want to lose weight. Also, I want to second the suggestion for Weight Watchers. Crazy as it may seem given that I'm a dietitian, but we actually always send people to Weight Watchers! The results that WW gets can't be denied. It's that combination of accountability and support that the group offers by meeting in person weekly, and the point system is much easier to track than calories for most people.

Also, don't worry so much about the numbers on the scale as you do about your measurements, if you have a lower body weight (like the woman who is 135). Your body is just converting your fat into muscle, which actually weighs more. If you really want to see the numbers coming off though, do interval workouts or try spinning. Just running at a consistent pace for 30 minutes won't burn as much as rotating between jogs, sprints, walks, etc.

Keep up the good work all of you!! I loved seeing the results, you guys are awesome:)

Nemmerz - Let me start by saying, you can do this! At the very least, I bet your energy level, sleep, etc. has improved with all this exercise...activity level and eating healthfully has mental benefits, too.

Second, and I hesitate to say this because I don't wanna step on your BIL's toes, but that formula is quite misleading. That formula is generally used for a sedentary person who has little to no activity level and wants to maintain their weight...if you're working out as much as you say (and it does sound like a LOT) and are only taking in 1200 calories, you probably are inadvertantly starving yourself and your body is just gonna retain everything it has as a response to that. The link posted above is good (thanks to the person who posted it!!).

The third thing I think is important to mention, is your stress level - you said that you tend to get stressed rather easily? Well, under stress, again your body is going to hold on to what it has...stress also makes the body produce the cortisol hormone, which has been directly linked to fat retention (usually around the midsection). This is basically an adaptive technique from our early ancestors - the body was under stress (usually some sort of real threat...think sabor toothed tigers, lol) so it would retain every calorie in order to ensure it's survival if it needed those reserves down the line for energy (fight or flight response). So although you're working super hard and taking lots of time to exercise, be absolutely sure you take the time to relax and rejuvenate, as well :)

I think all of us get frustrated and upset.  I'm in the same boat!  I write down my weight each morning and I am 2 pounds lighter in 3 weeks...crazy right?!  Considering I stopped all grains including breads, sugars, salt, dairy and processed foods and I work-out 4-5 days a week.  My FI is a Stregth and condition coach, he keeps telling me it's okay, but I don't feel like it is!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!  I just keep telling my self keep moving!

I wish all of you guys luck and weight loss!!!

Totally agree-- it's SO easy to feel frustrated.  And I agree with the bride that said that this is a million times harder in your 30s then in your 20s!!!  As of January 1st I have been on a very balanced vegan diet with absolutely no processed foods, dairy, white sugar or white flour.  I've worked out 5-6 times a week (30-60 minutes of cardio; 20-30 weight training; plus stretching and abs).  I have only lost 3 lbs since then.  BUT -- I really don't have a lot to lose (10 lbs would be perfect) and I feel stronger and have a lot more energy than when I started.  It is so important to remember that while you are building muscle, you may not notice a huge weight loss on the scale for a while (muscle weighs more than fat).  I'm not too frustrated because I know that I am losing weight the right way without starving myself on a crash diet.  I really want to maintain my goal weight (and this lifestyle) this time because it's WAY easier to maintain than to yo-yo.  I want to be a hot bride and a hot wife. ;)  Hoping that February is when I start to notice a bigger change!  I am starting to add in more pilates classes for toning, too.

In the meantime, I am doing my best to ignore my FI eating ribs and pizza (and still has his six-pack abs!!!) while I sip my green tea and gnaw on my carrot sticks.

Originally Posted by kristamarie View Post

I think all of us get frustrated and upset.  I'm in the same boat!  I write down my weight each morning and I am 2 pounds lighter in 3 weeks...crazy right?!  Considering I stopped all grains including breads, sugars, salt, dairy and processed foods and I work-out 4-5 days a week.  My FI is a Stregth and condition coach, he keeps telling me it's okay, but I don't feel like it is!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!  I just keep telling my self keep moving!

I wish all of you guys luck and weight loss!!!

Hey girls,

I'm also a Registered Dietitian and a former personal trainer, but even I would like to lose a few lbs before the big day. Since I met Fi, his bad eating habits and my good eating habits have kind of met in the middle. I'm happy with where I am now, but I would like to trim up a big for the wedding. We all want to feel particularly gorgeous that day! I have about 8 lbs to lose. 

I think support is a HUGE part of weight loss success, so this thread is fantastic. I'm also happy to answer any questions. :)

14 lb down in 2.5 weeks!! I'm telling you ladies, do South Beach! I feel great and I don't feel deprived (coming from an Italian Carb Lover). I'm on phase 2 and I've entered fruits and healthy carbs back into my diet. I get to have one fruit a day and one of the following items (whole wheat wrap/bread/rice/sweet potato). It's not a "crash diet" it's a life style change.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Stay postive ladies...all it takes is hard work and dedication!!!cheer2.gif