Weight Loss support for 2011 brides!!

rus

Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonj2 View Post

Chicken, vegetables, and a sweet potato...sounds like you're doing it already!  You didn't lose any weight???  Be careful of your extras...butter, oil, sauce...anything with fat or sugar....although some healthy fat is okay...like from olive oil or almonds.  I know the chicken thing gets boring...did that for a little bit and could not even look at chicken.  I like the variety I have right now.  Sample meal plan might be:

Breakfast:  4 egg whites and oatmeal (plain oats with a few blueberries or cinnamon), or two boiled eggs and some Kashi Go Lean cereal (dry or with skim or almond milk)

Snack:  20 almonds, grapes

Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat w/ mustard or whole wheat pasta with low cal spaghetti sauce and ground turkey or spinach salad with chicken, egg whites, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Snack:  fat free cottage cheese and pineapple (fresh) or string cheese and apple

Dinner: Chicken or tilapia with fresh green beans or broccoli, brown rice or sweet potato or I just eat something similar to lunch

Before bed:  Protein shake or berries and greek yogurt

***Eat every 2-3 hours

I have been working out some too, but I've heard the diet is like 80% (everybody has their own opinion of the percentage).  When I first started, I wasn't losing much weight, but I started eating more and it just fell off...maybe you're not eating enough??? or often enough???

Just remember you don't have to be in the kitchen all the time to get the results...the meals I create are super quick...I pack my cooler every day for work.

Oh, and by "before bed" I mean about 2 hours before.  It helps if you plan out your meals/times in a journal at first.  Sometimes my schedule only lets me eat every four hours, but I try to not let that happen if possible.  I am a teacher and have a crazy busy schedule/few breaks, so if I can do it, anybody can!  Good luck!  So glad we're able to support each other on here!

Everything you listed is pretty much what I eat!! This should be easy. Problem is I work nights. I work 6p-4a and when I wake up to have breakfast it's already 1p-2p. So I'll have breakfast/lunch, workout then have a snack like an apple with peanut butter, then I'll have dinner, then a snack like almonds or fruit. I drink plenty of water, sometimes club soda and I'll have 1 french vanilla capuccino from the machine at the gas station. Don't know how many calories are in it but know it's a powder mixed with water and taste darn good. I guess i'm missing a meal?? 

I also found out that when you first start working out, you gain 2-3 lbs, then you start losing weight. Which it's what happened to me. So far I've lost one pound when I last checked on saturday. Will check again on Thursday to see where I am. However, I did notice that I've lost a few inches in my tummy and my waist is more defined. I guess I just need to be more patient.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diamond girl, i am in the same boat as U......i think...........in 18 days of a 1200 to 1500 daily calorie intake and 4 to 5 days at the gym i have lost ONE pound in 18 days..

i am 5'6, 39 yrs old and 137 pounds now........i wanna drop 15 pounds, (i wanted to do 20 but that aint gonna happen)

I am just so surprised at the lack of weight loss with gym incorporated........i certainly dont notice a diff at all.

I hate to COOK I mean hate to cook.......so i am super cranky.......LOL......i love to eat and run....love CHIPOLTE restaurant and love to eat out, i havent done these things but its hard to NOT do it. so I feel i should see some results......

I know we are all diff..........and im not gonna lose 2 pounds a week......i just dont think i will at my size

I wonder what I am doing wrong??

Originally Posted by NEMMERZ View Post

diamond girl, i am in the same boat as U......i think...........in 18 days of a 1200 to 1500 daily calorie intake and 4 to 5 days at the gym i have lost ONE pound in 18 days..

i am 5'6, 39 yrs old and 137 pounds now........i wanna drop 15 pounds, (i wanted to do 20 but that aint gonna happen)

I am just so surprised at the lack of weight loss with gym incorporated........i certainly dont notice a diff at all.

I hate to COOK I mean hate to cook.......so i am super cranky.......LOL......i love to eat and run....love CHIPOLTE restaurant and love to eat out, i havent done these things but its hard to NOT do it. so I feel i should see some results......

I know we are all diff..........and im not gonna lose 2 pounds a week......i just dont think i will at my size

I noticed what made the difference for me is getting my heart rate up to VERY HIGH levels.  I did YEARS of going to the gym and doing the elliptical and only keeping my heart rate in the "fat burning zone" and it did nothing.  Once I finally started working out HARD (and only for 20 minutes, the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) I finally saw weight coming off.  You just have to push and get your heart rate up, let it lower, then get it up again.  Track your calories and make sure you're not eating too little, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and start "saving" the fat.  Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by fmichelle View Post

Quote:

I noticed what made the difference for me is getting my heart rate up to VERY HIGH levels.  I did YEARS of going to the gym and doing the elliptical and only keeping my heart rate in the "fat burning zone" and it did nothing.  Once I finally started working out HARD (and only for 20 minutes, the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) I finally saw weight coming off.  You just have to push and get your heart rate up, let it lower, then get it up again.  Track your calories and make sure you're not eating too little, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and start "saving" the fat.  Hope that helps!

You are definitely right!! get that heart pumping!!!!

you know i have heard that so many times about not working out LONGER but working out HARDER.even my FI tells me that too.

so today on the treadmill, i am at a 8 incline and walk fast and then run for a minute (which i suck at...LOL) and then walk for awhile and run again..........OMG i swear my heart is gonna go right outta my chest........HR of 165 which is near 93%, (i do cardiac ultrasound for a living, i am an Echo Tech)...so i think i will stick with that stragedy and then after to do that for 45 min i do weights with the FI..........i guess i gotta be patient.

thanks so much for the advice, i trust what Julian says........why would ya.??? LOL

this truly did help........i will keep it up :)  thanks..

Work out HARDER, not longer is the new and improved method for weight loss. You burn more fat by raising the heart rate, then bringing it down and shoot it back up. You do and 20-30 minute workout, giving it all you've got pinkie.gif, without resting. Very beneficial!! No more 1 hour long workouts!! 

well i got Julian Michael 30 day Shred on my Comcast on demand and did it this morning............KICK ASS........you wouldnt think jumping jacks and crunches would be a big deal............Holy crap......i thought it would be a BREEZE.........Huh, NOT!!

wow what 20 minutes can do.........i will incorporate her workout into my workout already at the gym and heat up my cardio there.....i guess i will walk and run and walk and run on the treadmill....and then squeeze in weight training too....

Thanks for all the advice ladies.

I am also on my second day of her ..lose  5 pounds in 7 days by drinking this dandelion root tea combo.....we will see what happens..ill let ya know.

I remember the first time I did that 20 minute video!  I couldn't walk the next day! lol  It was really painful, but it got better and I toned up a lot doing that.  It's amazing what 20 minutes of interval training can do for your body.  She has a really good (hard!) yoga DVD if you're into that.  Also her abs one is awesome, but awesome in a painful way!  haha she certainly gets results though :)

well i got Julian Michael 30 day Shred on my Comcast on demand and did it this morning............KICK ASS........you wouldnt think jumping jacks and crunches would be a big deal............Holy crap......i thought it would be a BREEZE.........Huh, NOT!!

wow what 20 minutes can do.........i will incorporate her workout into my workout already at the gym and heat up my cardio there.....i guess i will walk and run and walk and run on the treadmill....and then squeeze in weight training too....

Thanks for all the advice ladies.

I am also on my second day of her ..lose  5 pounds in 7 days by drinking this dandelion root tea combo.....we will see what happens..ill let ya know.