Photo

Pssst...we got legally hitched today!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 taranyc

taranyc
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

congratulations! i love that your grandfather was able to be there with you...very special.

you all look wonderful in the photos.

#12 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

Congratulations!!! What an amazing gift to be able to have your grandfather there with you to share such a special day! Wonderful pictures - I'm sure you'll always cherish this!

& Cristini - congrats to you too! That's so fun that your whole family made a wedding for you guys in a day!

You both are very lucky ladies! :)

#13 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

Congratulations girl!! :) Yayy just 2 more months!

#14 Ashlynn039

Ashlynn039
        • 355 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

Congratulations!! It's so sweet that your grandfather was there and you look beautiful in your pictures :)

#15 Shakara

Shakara
          • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

firstly God bless your granfather... he looks amazing for his age!! Secondly, what made you decide on doing it ahead... because I seriously am thinking about it... I mean the more I read about how long it takes to get everything the more I'm like noooo i don't wanna wait!!

#16 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Shakara
              firstly God bless your granfather... he looks amazing for his age!! Secondly, what made you decide on doing it ahead... because I seriously am thinking about it... I mean the more I read about how long it takes to get everything the more I'm like noooo i don't wanna wait!!
              Hi Shakara,
              I just didn't want the hassle of having to deal with all the paperwork, translations, etc. Also when we originally were deciding on a DW, we were looking at Mexico and they require blood tests, which I didn't really want to do in a foreign country.

Plus we wanted a way to include my grandfather since he wouldn't be able to travel down there for the wedding. He was absolutely tickled that we included him in our day and I know it meant the world to him.

I also had my bands made from gold/diamonds from my grandmother's rings that she left me and that was just the cherry on top for him!

#17 Mere

Mere
              • 729 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

Congratulations-this is awesome! I too am going to get legally married before our symbolic ceremony in Mexico. It is a secret to everyone also. My Dad and my best friend will go with us to the courthouse. I want my Dad there since he won't "walk me down the aisle".

#18 Shakara

Shakara
                • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amygirl1169
                  Hi Shakara,
                  I just didn't want the hassle of having to deal with all the paperwork, translations, etc. Also when we originally were deciding on a DW, we were looking at Mexico and they require blood tests, which I didn't really want to do in a foreign country.

Plus we wanted a way to include my grandfather since he wouldn't be able to travel down there for the wedding. He was absolutely tickled that we included him in our day and I know it meant the world to him.

I also had my bands made from gold/diamonds from my grandmother's rings that she left me and that was just the cherry on top for him!
                  Thanks! That's great!! I really think I'm gonna look into it... my grandma who pratically raised me isn't coming... not because of her age but she's blind and takes care of my aunt whos handicapped soo it's just too much for her to go down... but it really makes me sad. So that's an awesome idea to do it before not only to avoid all the paperwork and hassle but to have her there

thanks again!

#19 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

that's so exciting Amy - congrats girl!!!

#20 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
                    • 180 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

That is so special that your Grandfather was there. Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users