• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Palace Resorts has their own DJ. My WC quoted me approx. $1400 for 4 hours. I am currently trying to haggle to see how much it will cost me for 3 hours. In addition, I am requesting that their DJ also serve as part master of ceremonies, cuing guests on certain parts of the reception program.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went through this big headache with ASP and this DJ stuff! I tried to hire an outside DJ that charges 50% less than Palace Resorts DJ. They require that the outside DJ purchase a $500,000 insurance policy, which is obviously ridiculous! Right now I am in negotiations with their DJ to see if he can lower his $1495 fee. Renting the sound system with Ipod hook up is a lot cheaper, but you have to make the whole playlist from beginning to end, giving you more work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
I just went through this big headache with ASP and this DJ stuff! I tried to hire an outside DJ that charges 50% less than Palace Resorts DJ. They require that the outside DJ purchase a $500,000 insurance policy, which is obviously ridiculous! Right now I am in negotiations with their DJ to see if he can lower his $1495 fee. Renting the sound system with Ipod hook up is a lot cheaper, but you have to make the whole playlist from beginning to end, giving you more work to do.
I asked the DJ for 3 hours instead of 4 hours (I don't need him during the cocktail reception) and I got a quote for $1100. He has also other packages. I think the reason why it gets so expensive with their DJ is that he does a lot of add-ons such as the lighting console etc. I am going to ask him if the lighting is absolutely necessary as I already asked DecoCancun to add extra lighting for the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGirl99 View Post
I asked the DJ for 3 hours instead of 4 hours (I don't need him during the cocktail reception) and I got a quote for $1100. He has also other packages. I think the reason why it gets so expensive with their DJ is that he does a lot of add-ons such as the lighting console etc. I am going to ask him if the lighting is absolutely necessary as I already asked DecoCancun to add extra lighting for the event.
In the package list he sent me, no package said lighting included. If that is the case then I wont make such a big deal about the price. I wouldnt mind having that through because the resort charges way too much. The packages he sent me only stated having 2 speakers, 2 mics and the DJ. I wonder if Moon Palace and Aventura Spa use the same company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionandmari072510 View Post
Doesnt palace resorts have a disco? Can one hold an event there?
Do they have a disco, but I dont think anyone can have a reception there. My WC sent me all the locations where I can have a cocktail hour and/or reception and the disco was not apart of that. However, I have heard of some brides going to the disco after the recpetion to continue the party. :)

Yes, since all outside parties have to be over by 10 o clock we are planning to continue the party at the disco! My FI really wants the DJ but I was being cheap and wanted to do the ipod rental. In the file I received this is what it says:

AUX1Dj Package (4 Hours) 0 to 100 Pax

AO42Self Amplified Speaker - EV 15" Full Range

AA12Self Amplified Speaker - Anchor

AIB814 Ch. Audio Mixer 6ch-Mic/Line Input Mackie - 1402

AH62Shure UHF-ULXP J1-Combo Mic Wirelles

AU30CD Player Double de MP3/CD -Denon DN-6000

CDH3Stand for Speaker

KA60All cabling, AC extensions and connectors

Y0A1DJ Technician

LCENLighting Package 8 par of Leds

Y030Technician - Setup/Strike

IDK anything about LED lights...