Jump to content

Photo

Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??


  • Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#251 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
  • Jr. Member
  • 465 posts

    Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:34 PM


    Ironically ive stayed at the Riu Caribe 3 times - but this time we're heading to the Mayan instead. I'm not crazy about the crazyness of Cancun for my wedding

    thanks tho!
     

    Originally Posted by jamieirene 

    Sunshine,

     

    Have you looked into the riu caribe at all?



     



    #252 Brenners

    Brenners
    • Member
    • 807 posts

      Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

      We are put off by the party-vibe in Cancun as well which is why we are looking further south.  I hope you find the perfect location for your wedding.  It is difficult but I hear it gets a little better once you make that decision - lol!



      #253 Sunshine2680

      Sunshine2680
      • Jr. Member
      • 465 posts

        Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:23 PM


        THanks!  I agree Brenners...Cancun is great - but its like Vegas in the tropics - minus the slot machines..lol
        I like the feel of the Mayan better for a wedding
        I want to be different too - than all these cookie-cutter weddings the resort is putting through on a daily  basis...hopefully i'll find the unique-ness I'm looking for!
         

        Originally Posted by Brenners 

        We are put off by the party-vibe in Cancun as well which is why we are looking further south.  I hope you find the perfect location for your wedding.  It is difficult but I hear it gets a little better once you make that decision - lol!



         



        #254 coconoir1908

        coconoir1908
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,136 posts

          Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

          Brides,

           

          It is safe to say that we all have varying wants and needs for each of our special day.  What may seem "cookie-cutter" to some, may mean that these resort know what they are doing and therefore brides choose to go that route.  Nonetheless, each resort as each bride have their wants and needs.  May we each find what will work for us.

           

          Happy Planning



          #255 Brenners

          Brenners
          • Member
          • 807 posts

            Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

            I hear ya which is why I love Ceiba.  I did some price comparisons and Ceiba was cheaper than Dreams Riviera Cancun so that made me feel much better about the costs.  I am hoping it adds up to being the one!



            #256 coconoir1908

            coconoir1908
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,136 posts

              Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:36 PM


              Brenners will you have the opportunity to do a site visit? 

              Originally Posted by Brenners 

              I hear ya which is why I love Ceiba.  I did some price comparisons and Ceiba was cheaper than Dreams Riviera Cancun so that made me feel much better about the costs.  I am hoping it adds up to being the one!



               



              #257 Sunshine2680

              Sunshine2680
              • Jr. Member
              • 465 posts

                Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:52 PM


                Thats sooo great that they ended up being cheaper than Dreams. I wish that was the case for me - but coming from Canada - its a bit more expensive. Its such a quaint little resort ! I hope that's the one you end up with!
                 

                Originally Posted by Brenners 

                I hear ya which is why I love Ceiba.  I did some price comparisons and Ceiba was cheaper than Dreams Riviera Cancun so that made me feel much better about the costs.  I am hoping it adds up to being the one!



                 



                #258 Brenners

                Brenners
                • Member
                • 807 posts

                  Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

                  We did a site visit in February.  Have had some things come up that have temporarily stopped our quest for the perfect resort but am now resuming the search.  Ceiba felt like home when we visited. 



                  #259 coconoir1908

                  coconoir1908
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,136 posts

                    Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

                    That's awesome. I'm glad things settled so that you can resume searching. 
                     

                    Originally Posted by Brenners 

                    We did a site visit in February.  Have had some things come up that have temporarily stopped our quest for the perfect resort but am now resuming the search.  Ceiba felt like home when we visited. 



                     



                    #260 Brenners

                    Brenners
                    • Member
                    • 807 posts

                      Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

                      I have to admit that it was hard to leave.  And with work being so crazy, I just cannot stop dreaming about it!  lol.  Coconoir, have you made a final choice for a resort?  Have you completed all of your site visits?
                       

                      Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

                      That's awesome. I'm glad things settled so that you can resume searching. 
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users