Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jennybell1

Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
I'm going to have to check out this resort yal are talking about - gran caribe....I am still trying to make a definite decision here. Sandos is a really nice resort but Im worried about the time share issues some people have been dealing with.....anyone here of anything like that at the gran caribe?
Hi Jennybell1 -

What time share issues are you talking about? I don't think I've heard of any time share issues at the Gran Caribe. Even when we visited we didn't have anyone harrassing us about checking out time shares or anything. Not sure if that's what your are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I made a list of all of the AI in the Riviera Maya, Playa, and Cancun area and I want to research them all....because I am crazy right? I am starting to think that yes I am. I need to find a TA because the list ended up being around 74 resorts long, and that is too many. I never realized how many resorts are down there. So now the search begins for a TA, and the question is.... do I use an online TA or find a local one in Denver? Does anyone have any experience working with a TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

We are planning on marrying in March 2012 just wondered if anyone knows when 2012 holidays will be on sale in the TA, will be winter sun as its March, i am getting soooo impatient i just want to book my wedding now lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey newbies and ladies still in the beginning planning stages! I got a ton of info from the resort Azul Sensatori including maps, packages etc so if you want me to share email me at maggieandjay2012@hotmail.com

 

Also they say that is you book for 2012 now you get 2010 rates. Again this was my first email dealing with them so I am sure more investigation needs to happen. I was pleased with the email!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma83 View Post
Hi Jennybell1 -

What time share issues are you talking about? I don't think I've heard of any time share issues at the Gran Caribe. Even when we visited we didn't have anyone harrassing us about checking out time shares or anything. Not sure if that's what your are talking about.
The timeshare people at Sandos are like vultures and dont leave some people alone. I dont know if I want that issue, so that is why I was wondering if Gran Caribe is a time share affiliatehuh.gif lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousy88 View Post
So I made a list of all of the AI in the Riviera Maya, Playa, and Cancun area and I want to research them all....because I am crazy right? I am starting to think that yes I am. I need to find a TA because the list ended up being around 74 resorts long, and that is too many. I never realized how many resorts are down there. So now the search begins for a TA, and the question is.... do I use an online TA or find a local one in Denver? Does anyone have any experience working with a TA?
Tiffany,

I had the same issues too, but what I did is narrow down my search prior going to a TA. I figured out how much I wanted to spend per person, approx date of wedding whether it was adults only or family resort, free weddings or paid weddings, and which area I wanted. Once I had that info - I went to a TA with exactly what I was looking for (i.e under $1800 per person, family resort for the wedding, adult only for honeymoon, free wedding, etc.) She came back to me with a list of resorts that matched my criteria.
I hope that helps!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post
Hey newbies and ladies still in the beginning planning stages! I got a ton of info from the resort Azul Sensatori including maps, packages etc so if you want me to share email me at maggieandjay2012@hotmail.com

Also they say that is you book for 2012 now you get 2010 rates. Again this was my first email dealing with them so I am sure more investigation needs to happen. I was pleased with the email!
I love Azul, and it looks great for the kids, but I think it may be a little over my price range. I found rates that stated $500 per night. What does the info that you have say? Do you mind forwarding it to me? Jealousy88@msn.com, I would so appreciate it. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenny,

I am trying to narrow it down, but this is where the crazy comes out. I want to look at all of them so I don't miss out on any. I thought I was a laid back person, but the more I get into this wedding planning, the crazier I get. I hope over the course of two years I don't turn into bridezilla, lol. Anyways, maybe I will just give a list of what I want to a TA and they can just give me a list to work off of. I want to pick a resort already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone

 

Well after doing some more reading on tripadvisor and various other websites i keep reading bad reviews about the Gran Caribe Real, the hotel we have chosen for our special day a few of the reviews mention about the beach, apparently there isnt much of one, and the rudeness of staff seems to come up quite a bit also read the food isn't to great.

 

I am getting quite concerned now as i had set on this resort but the bad reviews are now putting me off, i have also read that they do try and sell you a time share thing!!! not something i want whilst on holiday really!

 

I carnt really find another resort that has everything else we need this resort as a waterpark with slides etc that we wanted for our children this is quite high on our list so if anyone knows of any other resorts that have waterslides please let me know so i could have a look i would be very grateful, i am hoping someone can reassure me about the Gran Caribe Real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousy88 View Post
Jenny,
I am trying to narrow it down, but this is where the crazy comes out. I want to look at all of them so I don't miss out on any. I thought I was a laid back person, but the more I get into this wedding planning, the crazier I get. I hope over the course of two years I don't turn into bridezilla, lol. Anyways, maybe I will just give a list of what I want to a TA and they can just give me a list to work off of. I want to pick a resort already!

Tiffany,
LOL - there is always that chance that the bridezilla is on her way out - but Im sure you will be just fine.
I flip flop on a monthly basis about my resort, but in the end keep coming back to it, so I feel your pain. I want to book mine as well, but it seems I cant do that until my trip is booked bc my resort needs to have my trip confirmation prior to booking, they wont take deposits...weird huh?

I think if you let the TA do her job and narrow down the resorts based on your requests, it wont be a daunting task - nor can you bridezilla anyone...lol
GOod luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×