Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jennybell1

Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??

Recommended Posts

Congratulations & welcome!! I know the feeling...I wanted everything book & done with asap. In order for my resort to confirm our date we had to have our reservation booked. I was panicking & just wanted to get it all sorted out! So I did not wait for the airfare to be out. I thought air was out for Feb though? Maybe you could mention to your TA that you are going to be getting quotes with a TA someone referred you to. That may help budge her along too. If you are having doubts about the TA I would contact the other one. The last thing you need is to not have a reliable agent. Don't worry it will all work out in the end!

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Congrats and welcome x

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome!  I hope your planning process is very smooth! cheesy.gif Concerning the TA, like Sharon mentioned, flight rates for February should be out by now.  Either way, don't worry and by all means, don't feel bad about needing to work with another TA.  You want to be comfortable with whomever you're working with.  For me personally, I started with one TA (I only worked with her for a week) but moved to another because the response time was lagging.  My current TA responds very quickly and that makes me feel comfortable.

 

Concerning Gran Caribe Real, have you had a chance to search to see if there are threads on the resort?
 

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Shay12 -


Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  I'm no TA but you should be able to get the 2012 rates for flights and hotel already.  The rates are usually available 330 days from your departure date.  It seems like yours would already be out.  My fiance and I are getting married at the Gran Caribe Real, May 5, 2012 and if you haven't booked your date already, you should be able to do that as well.  I personally like the Gran Caribe and so far am happy with my choice.  There are many reviews of the Gran Caribe on here - some good, some bad.  It's just all your preference and what you want.  My fiance and I did have the opportunity to tour the hotel and stay there and it was exactly what we wanted.  Since we've been, there have been some changes to one of the receptions sites, which is where our reception will be, but I'm totally fine with it.  There are some complaints about the coordinators.  I did have an unresponsive coordinator but this was when the coordinators were based in the US.  Now, they are in Mexico and our coordinator has been very responsive and helpful.  Have you already booked your date with the Gran Caribe?

 

Well, if you have any questions about the Gran Caribe, please feel free to ask!  :) 

 

Norma

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats and Happy Planning msnparty.gif

 

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Shay - If you have the opportunity to book and the price is right- I would go for it
We've already booked for our Nov 2012 wedding!! and we got an amazing deal! We also had to ditch one TA for another because she was out of town and didn't get us great rates.

 

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Shay - as everyone else has mentioned, you need to feel comfortable with your TA and that they are looking out for you and your guests.  If you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, then you have every right to see what else is out there.  If you look on Ortbitz and Expedia, there are flights already available so I am not sure why your TA is dragging their feet on this.
 

Originally Posted by Shay12 View Post

Hi Ladies!!
Just did my homework and read through the whole thread from start to finish!!
We are getting married Feb 24, 2012!! It took us months to decide and convince and now we are waiting for our TA to give us the go ahead on booking. She said we should wait for flight rates to be released....??
I'm getting a little impatient, especially after seeing how so many of you are sending out your STD's
We have been decided for 2wks now. And talking with close family and friends. Now another TA has been recommended from a close friend... I'm thinking about giving her a shot because I'm tired of waiting for this other lady. We have not signed anything so I guess I could but I feel kinda bad.
We are doing Gran Caribe Real. I saw some mention of it early on but not any more. Do you think I'm making the wrong decision??.....ugh! See I just need to book already and move forward!!! What's the hold up!
Well hello anyhoo!!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks girls!!! .... It's such an emotional roller coaster!!! So I contacted my TA and she got back to me right away with an answer and what we are waiting for. ( I did check with the other TA and that just reminded me why I chose the one I did!) Happy :) (for now) We are going to book our rooms and wait on air. (it's close to $600 from MSP to Cancun right now) Thats crazy!! How did you all do this part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going there for our honeymoon in Jan 2012....I so wanted to get married there but with some kids coming to the wedding it just wasnt possible.  I cant wait for the honeymoon!  Great choice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×