Any 2012 Bride/Grooms to be out there??

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunshine, have you checked out any of these threads related to Gran Bahia Principe Tulum:  http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/search.php?search=gran+bahia+principe+tulum

There might be information on one of them related to your resort and what you can do.  We contacted the wedding coordinator directly at our resort and solidified our wedding date.  I am not really sure why you cannot do the same???  Good luck!

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

Well - my travel agent has put in the request to the resort now that we have our group booking in place.
We know the dates of travel. Nov 27- Dec 4
Im assuming my wedding day will be Nov 30 or Dec 1
I would think they'd be pretty open - but ya- not sure why they haven't replied to my travel agent. Im tempted to email myself but I've been warned thats a bad idea and that all confirmations should go through the Travel agent.
Apparently once the wedding date is booked I'll be given a Wedding co-ordinator to work with - so ya - still waiting for that.
Im not in a panic just yet - but it would be nice to at least get the wedding date booked - so i can start on my invites etc. The rest of the details can definitely wait.

Stunning! You definitely convinced me to do my own!

Originally Posted by perry1217 View Post

Yaaa they're readyyy!  Here's a couple but the whole thing is at www.jennycastrophotography.com Portraits, Client Viewing.  Any e-mail will work, password is melovesyou

You can definitely see how nervouse I was in the first couple, but once we turned the radio on, we had a blast :)))  The purple shirt was actually what he was wearing when we met.  Flyers hoodie is his, and the bass guitar.

20kfs.jpg

28kfs.jpg

10kfs.jpg

44kfs.jpg

45kfs.jpg38kfs.jpg

Ya- ive done a fair bit of looking around on here - i just wish it was filtered better
But ya- i think i might email the resort directly and see if we can book the date - Im wondering if they'll want to know the location right away tho - im having trouble deciding where I want the ceremony - on the gazebo or beach..hopefully i wont have to decide that right now

Originally Posted by Brenners View Post

Sunshine, have you checked out any of these threads related to Gran Bahia Principe Tulum:  http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/search.php?search=gran+bahia+principe+tulum

There might be information on one of them related to your resort and what you can do.  We contacted the wedding coordinator directly at our resort and solidified our wedding date.  I am not really sure why you cannot do the same???  Good luck!

hey girls !

I am going to be a January 2012 bride (probably on the 18th!)

Is anybody here doing a legal ceremony in Mayan Riviera. I have a hard time speaking with the WC at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and I tought I needed to be there 3 business days before the wedding...but now it seems as it has to be 4!! don't know how to do that without getting wed on a Friday!

I' d love if somebody could share her experience

Chante, we did a site visit at DRC and this is from the information they sent to us:

The following list of legal requirements are needed only for legal marriage. The Dreams Riviera Cancun Wedding Coordinator must receive the following documents to begin the application for marriage in the Civil Registry Office.
All documents must be translated into Spanish. Each item that is translated into Spanish will incur a $75 USD plus 11% tax. To be valid, translation must be done in Mexico.
• Tourist Card - You will receive these upon arrival at Cancun Intâ€l Airport.
• Bride & Groom Birth Certificates
• Valid Passports
• Blood tests must be taken in Mexico and must be taken no more than 14 days prior to ceremony to be valid. The blood will be tested
for HIV, STDâ€s and blood type. A $300 USD + 11% tax, per couple, will apply for the Blood Test.
• Four witnesses
• A Legal Form must be completed with the names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupations and relationship to Bride and Groom. The wedding coordinator will provide couple with the form.
• The Marriage Certificate must be sent through a validation process in order to make it legal outside of Mexico. There is a $200 USD + 11% tax charge to have the Marriage Certificate translated and may take up to 4 months. Once the document is apostilled and translated into English the wedding coordinator will send the document to the Bride and Groomâ€s home address.
None of the above mentioned services are included in any of the Dreams Wedding Packages.

Who is your wedding coordinator?  Ana Garcia is the one who sent us the information.  I would speak to her.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by Chante View Post

hey girls !

I am going to be a January 2012 bride (probably on the 18th!)

Is anybody here doing a legal ceremony in Mayan Riviera. I have a hard time speaking with the WC at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and I tought I needed to be there 3 business days before the wedding...but now it seems as it has to be 4!! don't know how to do that without getting wed on a Friday!

I' d love if somebody could share her experience

Hi Brenners,

I am already in contact with Ana at the Dreams... but she did not answer last two emails...grrrr No news from here since last Saturday.

that's why I was asking if any girls are doing a legal ceremony and how many days before you need to be at the resort.

When we were searching for a resort, I tought I read it was 3 days at some resort... just wanted to confirm things :)

Sorry Chante.  It is no fun when your WC doesn't get in touch with you.  I don't have anything in the information they gave us that mentions the required number of days you need to be there and I cannot remember if they mentioned it during the site visit.  Some resorts require 3 and I have seen others that require 4 days.  When is your wedding?

Originally Posted by Chante View Post

Hi Brenners,

I am already in contact with Ana at the Dreams... but she did not answer last two emails...grrrr No news from here since last Saturday.

that's why I was asking if any girls are doing a legal ceremony and how many days before you need to be at the resort.

When we were searching for a resort, I tought I read it was 3 days at some resort... just wanted to confirm things :)