Photo

Maracas

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 IdOinCABO

IdOinCABO
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Where are you putting the maracas? i saw the shake at the kiss too and i really like the idea but i dont know how i feel about having them on the chairs of the wedding (bc they have the white linnen deal and the bow) kind of fancy/elegant looking and then to put a maraca on it? and they dont really  match my colors but they give the total mexican feel other then the fact we are in Mexico. I just cant decide what to do. Then i thought well maybe we could put them in a basket or something and then what if the people miss them? then it would be a total waste!!!!

#22 lindsayandtom

lindsayandtom
    • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi girls...I ordered my maracas last night at www.amols.com...they were such a great deal and I got about 44 of them!!!

I am giving these out as my favor at the reception in Mexico...but I'm not too sure what the tag should say??

I wanted it to say something funny..and about "shaking"...any ideas???

I dont think we should do the "shake to kiss" b/c people are going to be shaking them all night!!

thanks in advance!

#23 KCB2011

KCB2011
      • 308 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

I think having them in a basket with a little sign that says something that indicate for guests to each take a set is a good idea - just ask the WC at your resort if he/she will set up a table near the entrance to your reception area and that way people will see them as they walk in!

Originally Posted by IdOinCABO 

Where are you putting the maracas? i saw the shake at the kiss too and i really like the idea but i dont know how i feel about having them on the chairs of the wedding (bc they have the white linnen deal and the bow) kind of fancy/elegant looking and then to put a maraca on it? and they dont really  match my colors but they give the total mexican feel other then the fact we are in Mexico. I just cant decide what to do. Then i thought well maybe we could put them in a basket or something and then what if the people miss them? then it would be a total waste!!!!

#24 Beannie

Beannie
        • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:44 AM

We bought ours on 10th (1 block from 5th) just down the street from La Taberna.  They were $1.00 each.  We also found gorgeous starfish there that we used instead of ring pillows.

#25 IdOinCABO

IdOinCABO
          • 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

wow great ideas above!

i bought mine from amols too and we are doing the same thing with the basket! Ive seen them on individual chairs before and just think that is a little too much for me ;)

#26 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
            • 718 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

I've seen the site and I love it!

#27 NM2011

NM2011
              • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

Just have to share! I just got my maracas from Amols!! They are wonderful!! I love them. Anyone looking to get maracas for their wedding or party should use them!! Plus at $1.95 a pair for the large ones it's a steal!!

#28 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by NM2011 

Just have to share! I just got my maracas from Amols!! They are wonderful!! I love them. Anyone looking to get maracas for their wedding or party should use them!! Plus at $1.95 a pair for the large ones it's a steal!!

#29 LandG

LandG
                • 152 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Good idea! I hadn't thought of maracas!

#30 kloos5

kloos5
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hello Ladies! I have heard about other brides using Maracas as their centerpieces combined with candles and flowers. They said it looked amazing! Just something to think about! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users