Photo

Maracas

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 midnight24

midnight24
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

if you can remember where to find them...i would love to know!

thanks!

#12 LynnieS

LynnieS
    • 319 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

astreit- I had Mishka quote me. . . $130 for shipping!!! I needed 40 so just to let you know!
      yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#13 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
      • 445 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:53 AM

I found the thread! :-)

http://bestdestinati....20/index5.html
        Cristi & Jamie
        http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#14 KimmyD

KimmyD
        • 351 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks very much for the info!
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt4304d.aspx
          28 Booked + Bride & Groom
          78 Room Nights!

#15 astreit

astreit
          • 182 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LynnieS
            astreit- I had Mishka quote me. . . $130 for shipping!!! I needed 40 so just to let you know!
            Since we are both at the Royal the same weekend, do you think she would combine them for us to save on shipping?? Just an idea! :)

#16 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
            • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:08 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LynnieS
              Actually, the shipping was closer to $115 for 46 maracas. I know it's expensive - but sometimes the local shipping carrier can't ship them in a timely manner and we have to use DHL or FedEx which costs an arm and a leg - things can change on a whim here and I have to be prepared for it - favors aren't any fun if they aren't on time :):) I wish we had a USPS here, but we don't .... and I seriously doubt any of you would want your maracas arriving by bicycle (when I lived in Mexico City the Mexican mail carrier delivered via bicycle!) :):).

#17 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
              • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by astreit
                Since we are both at the Royal the same weekend, do you think she would combine them for us to save on shipping?? Just an idea! :)
                I didn't see this one! :) Of course I wouldn't have a problem doing that! BUT, the shipping won't go down - it will just be about the same - they charge based on a) size of the box and B) weight and c) distance. Believe me, I don't like the shipping prices anymore than you do - it's bad for business and annoying - but I have to go with private shipping to be assured that the maracas will get there and to have a tracking number. I never let my family send me anything unless it's DHL or FedEx because, otherwise, chances are you won't get it - or you might get it - next year!

If you could find a PV bride willing to bring the maracas up to the states and ship them to you - well, that would be a ton cheaper. :):):)

#18 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
                • 194 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by snoopAsh
                  I know that these aren't custom, but maybe you can paint them to fit your style.

I bought 25 pair and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and they were afordable!

Amols' Specialty - Catalog - Traditional Large Maracas 8"
                  um.... i LOOOOOVE those!!

#19 LaurasDoherty

LaurasDoherty
                  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

I was just about to spend $245 on 25 customer Mishka's Maracas...they are so beautiful. But I think my fiance has about had it with all my extra spending!! good tip and I will bring down a silver marker to personalize!  $25 sounds much better.

Originally Posted by astreit 

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CristiandJamie
                    I read somewhere on the forum that you can find a TON of maracas on 5th in Playa Del Carmen. There are a lot of shops on the strip and should have maracas there. If I find the thread I will post it. I think the person said they were around a $1 each...
                    Thank you so much! I didn't know what we could find easily down there.

#20 babestaaa

babestaaa
                    • 212 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

Yikes Mischka went up? They're not that much cheaper in Mexico, but they probably won't go with your wedding colors. You could definitely bargain but remember playa del carmen is very touristic and I didn't find the prices to be cheap. Just as affordable in the airport or hotel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users