Ok, so I have been searching the forum all morning for an answer to a question I have about my BD session I booked. This is probably a stupid question (which is why I canâ€t find an answer), but did anyone tell there FIs about their BD session?

I know many, if not all, of you are giving a bd book as a wedding gift, so I would think you wouldnâ€t tell him before hand. But I was thinking about it and if I am spending all of this money on it, I would want his opinion on which outfits I wear and maybe certain pictures/poses he would want. It is for him (although I think it is a little for me too) and I donâ€t want to give it to him and he says he likes it BUT it would have been nice if I did this or if I did that or if I wore this. And I know that I should know what he likes, but I think I would still want it to come from him.

So should I tell or should I keep it a secret?

^ I think you should keep it a secret to surprise him and not worry about wearing something or posing someway that he doesn't like.

I honestly don't think he'll accept such a gift and make any criticisms like that. His wife, skimpy outfits, sexy poses??! I'm sure he wouldn't be thinking about how your hand is in the wrong place or the color of your undies isn't his favourite. Lol.

:)

For me, I kept it a secret. I knew that regardless of what outfits I picked out and what poses I did, he would love it b/c its something that he would never have expected me doing & I really wanted it to be a complete surprise.

Most photographers are pretty good in offering their opinions on your outfits & they also come up with great poses so I would think that those are things that you shouldn't really worry about.

Have you looked at your photographers BD portfolio? If so, that should give you an idea on outfits & poses.

I think that your FI will love them no matter what. I doubt that he's going to say to you "gee, these are killer but you should've posed like this".

So I vote to keep it a surprise.

I agree...don't tell him. What a great surprise it would be for him, especially since he won't be expecting it. You know what looks good on you, and what he likes so just go with that. Also, no reputable photographer, is going to let you look bad in any way!

I'm not telling him anything since I want this to be a surprise for him on the wedding day. Besides he is a guy and he loves you and regardless of what outfits you have it's going to blow him away. If you are worried about it, maybe you could try asking what color of lingerie he likes best of look at pictures of things and be like oh what do you think of corsets? Just little things like that to see if he has any type of preference.

My husband is one that always has a critical eye. He critiques, instead of just appreciating something. If yours is the same way, I can understand your question. I am considering having a boudoir session as well, and my husband would really get into helping plan and maybe even help with the posing and lighting during the session since he used to do professional photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
I think that your FI will love them no matter what. I doubt that he's going to say to you "gee, these are killer but you should've posed like this".
So I vote to keep it a surprise.
I am sure all of you are right. I think I am just worrying too much about it. I am starting to get some outfits and I was having a hard time making a decision and I think I am just over thinking it. Maybe I am a little nervous about it too.

He will probably be so shocked that I did it. BUT my FI is VERY HONEST person, sometimes too honest and I can see him saying something even if he is in love with the photos.

nooo keep it a secret for sure!! It is so much better when they are surprised, and honestly, he is not going to care what lingerie you are wearing wink.gif

I'm with all the other ladies--keep it a secret for sure! First of all, how often will you get to give a surprise this big and great? Second of all, no guy is going to look at a book of sexy pics his wife gave him and be thinking, "Gee, you're wearing the wrong thing!" He probably won't be looking at what you're wearing at all!