Photo

Sunset at the Palms vs. Moon Dance Villas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 terri1225

terri1225
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:43 AM

So I am already booked at Beaches Negril for my wedding but I am beginning to have second thoughts. I am torn between Sunset at the Palms and MDV. Can anyone shed some light? I do see info up her for MDV but nothing for Sunset at the Palms. If there is any info up here for Sunset please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
    52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#2 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
    • 186 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

I think there is one honeymoon review of Sunset at the Palms.

The big differences I see between the two properties are this:
      - Sunset at the Palms is a small all inclusive resort while Moon Dance is a set of villas with private chefs (if you choose to go all inclusive). You would be eating at restaurants with other guests at Sunset.
      - The rooms at Sunset are across the street from the beach in a beautiful garden. Beach access is limited to 7am-7pm, where they have a bar, beach grill, loungers, etc. Moon Dance is located directly on the beach.
      - Sunset is located on Bloody Bay, which is farther from downtown Negril. The beach will likely be less busy than in front of Moon Dance, which is on the busy part of the beach.

I haven't been to either, so I really don't know the details for the wedding package for either. I would take into consideration how much time you want to spend with/apart from your guests, since if you are splitting a villa, you may be together for much more of the time than if you were able to spread out at a resort. Beaches Negril is a much larger resort than Sunset at the Palms with more dining options, but I have heard Sunset has very good food.

#3 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
      • 186 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

Oh, I almost forgot. A reviewer on TripAdvisor made their own website with tons of pictures of Sunset at the Palms, and it gives you a really good idea of the layout of the property. Their visit was in 2006, so it is a bit dated, but hopefully this will help anyway:

Sunset at the Palms day 1

#4 terri1225

terri1225
        • 184 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

Thanks for the help!! I am so torn if I should continue with the plans for Beaches Negril or go with another resort. I think I am just growing tired of the idea of not being able to use outside vendors. I am open to other suggestions for resorts also. Thanks again.
          52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#5 abbyroldan@yahoo.com

abbyroldan@yahoo.com
          • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'm right there with you Terri! I have reservations at Beaches Sandy Bay in Negril and really don't want a cookie cutter Marths Stewart wedding with many restrictions.

I'm thinking of Sunset at the Palms as well. The price range is a bit lower, but you do have less ammenities. I feel like Moon Dance Villas is a bit more expensive compared to the Sunset.
            Ms. Abby

#6 doneill01

doneill01
            • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

i just got back from vacation with a group of 12 friends and we stayed at moon dance cliffs. it was incredible!!! you feel like a celebrity while there bc how attentive they are to your needs. the food and staff were beyond wonderful and they met all of our special requests in terms of alcohol. even though the beach was busy it is one of the few properties that has a very large section of private beach and they strictly enforce not letting anyone else on it plus when you are on your patio and is your private pool you feel totally secluded. it was def on the expensive end by the time you paid the daily rate and then all inclusive fees but it was soooo worth it! i am getting married in october at their hotel property moon dance cliffs (its not on the beach). its a hard decision but i can tell you we were all pleased beyond our expectations with our experience!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users