Photo

No Outside DJ at Majestic Colonial or Elegance

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BRONZ

BRONZ
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hey Ladies, not trying to get everyone excited but I just read a post on FACEBOOK that indicated one of the brides received an email from Yadillis that no outside DJs were allowed at Majestic. Now like most of you getting married I have already booked and paid a deposit with DJ Mannia. I sent an email to Claudia (Wedding Coordinator) to confirm if this was correct.

I never received any rules or regulations stating that we could not use an outside DJ. When Maritee was working there she even suggested the idea to me if I didn't want to use the resort DJs. I still have those emails and plan to fight this if in fact this is a new rule.

There are many brides on this site that have used DJ Mannia in the past few months and didnt have any problems. I just wanted to alert everyone and hope to hear that this was a mixup but you may want to email your coordinator to confirm as well.

Bronz

#2 BRONZ

BRONZ
    • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

I just called and spoke to the resort and wedding coordinator Wardez. Brides who have booked already CAN use an outside DJ but they are not allowing new brides to use one. Also wedding coordinator Claudia is NO LONGER THERE!

#3 Eliana

Eliana
      • 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

WOW That's ridiculous.... why wouldn't they let you have your own dj? crazy...

#4 Oryx

Oryx
        • 727 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

This is crazy... I've just e-mailed them as well since I booked last week. Does that count, I wonder?

#5 BRONZ

BRONZ
          • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

Good question, you may want to call and speak to them directly. Not sure when the cut off period will be, since most brides have already booked. I have already paid my deposit with DJ Mannia along with a lot of other brides so I am glad they are allowing this.

#6 Eliana

Eliana
            • 676 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Ren©e if they are giving you a hard time, tell them you already paid a deposit on a DJ even if not true!

#7 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by elifrigo
                Ren©e if they are giving you a hard time, tell them you already paid a deposit on a DJ even if not true!
                Haha, will do! Thanks :)

#8 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

This is what I received from Sandra today:

Good afternoon,

There has been a confusion with Dj Mannia services, the resorts might be providing shortly their own services, however meanwhile, of course, there is no problem with groups that have already booked his services and we’ll have a list provided by him with the weddings already confirmed and with the deposit already paid.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Sandra de la Cruz

#9 adenen16

adenen16
                  • 28 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

My ta emailed sandra saying that was a deal breaker for me and she emailed back the next day saying that now I could have an outside dj. It was a misunderstanding. and im not getting married until summer 2011! Im so confused!
                    www.steingardstudios.comMichael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut back on the travel costs.

PM me if you are getting married...

#10 aepproduction

aepproduction
                    • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

Our wedding is in June 2010 and I am using DJ Mannia. I spoke with Yadilis two weeks ago re: Mannia and she is well aware and fine with us using him. I unsure if it is because our names are on "his list" but I have had no issues from anyone thus far.
                      AmyP
                      June 11, 2010
                      Punta Cana, DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users