2011 Prices

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#81 bikegirl

bikegirl
  • Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

^ That's what we're all doing. :) But it's not as simple as just keep switching until you find the right price because then it may not be the right place. I think many of us know the right price IS there for the right place, it's just not available at the right TIME.

#82 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bikegirl
      ^ That's what we're all doing. :) But it's not as simple as just keep switching until you find the right price because then it may not be the right place. I think many of us know the right price IS there for the right place, it's just not available at the right TIME.
      well said!
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#83 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
      • 295 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

I had such a hard time finding a "reasonable price" this far in advance!
        I guess hands are tied when trying to book a group a year ahead of time- 10mths before... just have to pray that rates drop..

Its tricky

#84 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
        • 310 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by debbmach
          well said!
          Ditto times a hundred!

#85 debbmach

debbmach
          • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

I have a question about when the deposit is due on the resort. From what I understand, once you're happy with the price that the TA has quoted then you have a limited time frame (about a week) to put a deposit down. What are you guys doing about this? Are you putting down the deposit yourselves and estimating how many rooms you'll need? OR Are you calling/emailing your guests and telling them they have to put a deposit down if they want to go? My TA did say that if you need more rooms than the number you put the deposit down for then you can get them, but the rates aren't guaranteed for them, meaning they may increase. My FI and I don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on a certain number of rooms based on the people that say they will be coming, because they may change their minds and decide not to come. I just don't want to lose that money. Just wanted to know what everyone else is doing.

#86 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
            • 279 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi all-

I already posted this is in the 2011 brides thread, but I went to Funjet's website (for the 1,000th time LOL) on Sunday just to check out rates and noticed that they now have a 25% off early booking discount on a lot of Riviera Maya resorts. Go to their site and see if yours is included!

Mine is . . . Hurray!! For a week with nonstop flight, the rate is down to about 1720! Still above my 1500 goal, but a damn good improvement from what it was!

#87 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by debbmach
                I have a question about when the deposit is due on the resort. From what I understand, once you're happy with the price that the TA has quoted then you have a limited time frame (about a week) to put a deposit down. What are you guys doing about this? Are you putting down the deposit yourselves and estimating how many rooms you'll need? OR Are you calling/emailing your guests and telling them they have to put a deposit down if they want to go? My TA did say that if you need more rooms than the number you put the deposit down for then you can get them, but the rates aren't guaranteed for them, meaning they may increase. My FI and I don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on a certain number of rooms based on the people that say they will be coming, because they may change their minds and decide not to come. I just don't want to lose that money. Just wanted to know what everyone else is doing.
                I am going to give my guests (have a very small number coming aprox 8 couples) and estimate when i will be securing the rate (example Jan), and give them the heads up at that time they will have a week (or whatever the time frame might be each tour operator is different) to get the deposits in. I can't afford to put deposits down for everyone.
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#88 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Looks like the rates are starting to come out for February 2011! I can book online now for the Majestic Colonial (January 29 - February 5) for $1389 + $329 taxes. Not so bad... but I'm hoping the group rates will be better.

#89 debbmach

debbmach
                  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

They're not out yet for Jamaica...can only get pricing till Dec 24

#90 nmurch

nmurch
                    • 396 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

i got prices for the Barcelo Colonial in Mayan Riviera out of Edmonton for 2473 tax transfers included for 2 weeks! we gave a deposit and she said once the prices goes down we can do a one time price match! so it might go down like 200 pp or so or even more!

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users