Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:55 PM
I can't do anything until I know. Even my (potential) maid of honour hasn't committed yet because she wants to know how much it's going to cost before she says yes to coming.
And it just makes it harder that we don't even know where we're going, let alone which resort. It's basically all coming down to the best deal we can get with the list of requirements we're looking for.
So impatient!! I want to get this ball rolling!!
25 March 2011
Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:04 PM
Also, the same goes for the resorts, only they tend to go up about $20-50 from year to year, depending on the economy. If you do a group rate with the hotel now (but I assume most of you aren't, since you're waiting on airline prices), then you can actually lock in 2010 pricing. I spoke with several resorts (including the big ones, Dreams, Palace Resorts, The Royal PDC), and all of them were willing to set group rates for 2011 using their 2010 prices.
If you want to wait on airline pricing for package deals, then I would ask your TAs what the prices of some packages were that they booked for 2010 for the resorts your interested in. That way you should still be able to make a resort choice and book your date, even if you can't book travel packages just yet.
Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:21 PM
I just booked my wedding date of January 19, 2011 in Grand Riviera Princess. My TA is in the process of contacting operators to get the quotes from them. She said that we should wait with booking till July/August as this is when it's best to buy. I am hoping and she is sure that I will be able to get something just under $1500 per person. I will let you know what answers she gets from the operators.
Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:14 AM
I just wanted to give everyone an idea of what the top line price might be.
We've booked Panama for end of Jan and got it for about $1400.
Cheers & good luck with the search and booking!
Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:49 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one itchy to get some solid rates!
Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:46 AM
Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:11 AM
Our TA is currently MIA, so we're still waiting to hear about pricing for our resort, which I just went ahead and secured the date for since I just couldn't wait for the TA anymore! Fingers crossed it's not too costly!
Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:45 PM
However, I went to Flight Centre and first they told me they can't do anything for a 2011 edding yet (she even said I was looking too early...should be doing it 6-8 months in advance. Um, yeah right!) then she recommended their Group Sales consultant near me but apparently she's not in person, you just e-mail/phone her (defeating the purpose of using a local agent!)
I'm a little frustrated.
Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:35 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users