Jump to content

Notice: The site will be offline this Saturday evening (4/21/18) for a major software update. Thank you in advance for your patience while upgrade to a new-improved version of BDW.

2011 Prices

  • Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#131 pryncesslinda

  • Newbie
  • 20 posts

    Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

    Hey everyone, Im having the same issues with TA's and pricing. I already sent out our save the dates (with out pricing or Travel info) but we do have the wedding website and FB, and the few left who arent tech savy either are like parents friends, or aunts and uncles who will be called and spread out word of mouth.

    But it seems that all TA's that we have been trying to work with, are giving us the run around about rates for next year. We are getting married at Secrets Maroma Beach April 30th, 2011. I dont know why this is so hard for them to get rates for! I got one quote for $340 pp/per night!!! Ridic! My wedding planner is currently working out a contract with a new TA who is quoting us $245 plus a $25 booking fee pp. But still ALOT better than the first quote. The rest of the TA's we've spoke to told us that we need to wait until September to get prices!!! This is insane.. I keep telling them that this is a WEDDING, and that we have 70 guests. I just dont get it.

    Hopefully this last TA works out and we can get this contract signed and keep on moving foward. we understand not everyone will be able to come, but we'd also like to be able to give them some solid information (price wise) before they can make that decision... I mean this is why we sent out save-the-dates a year in advance!

    just agrivating. And we already signed contract with the resort for our wedding and details, and put our deposit down with them, and the STD's are out, so we are past the point of changing resorts.
    Secrets Maroma Beach
    April 30, 2011
    The day I will marry my Best Friend!

    #132 m1984

    • Newbie
    • 40 posts

      Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

      Hi guys!

      I`m so glad I found this thread! I`ve been having the same stresses as everyone else. My fiance and I got engaged on Christmas day and have now started to seriously look at setting a date for our wedding. The only problem is that we`re getting nowhere with our TA.

      It was so hard trying to pick a resort since we`ve never been to Mexico before so I just told her my requirements which sounds like everyone else. $1500 taxes included for a 4.5-5 star that allows for some water activities and good food. Instead of narrowing it down by price, she asked us to pick a bunch of resorts that interested us and she`d get us quotes. She is the one that told us the best time would be the first two weeks of May. (Her logic was based on process of elimination. Because prices would be high in December for holidays, then February is reading week, then March break, then Easter so that brings us to May. Which is before June which is hurricane season)

      So based on that, the best quote out of the 4 that she`s sent so far is Puerto Vallarta for May 7th. It`s $1589 all inclusive for Dreams Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone know if that`s a good price from Calgary

      #133 nucci

      • Newbie
      • 77 posts

        Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

        Hi! I just found this and I'm starting to go through the same thing!! We're getting married April 16, 2011 at the Iberostar Del Mar in Riviera Maya. We actually changed TA b/c the first quote was insane!! I keep reading that prices will drop b/c they just came out and start out high so hopefully that's the case!! Never realized it would be this stressful though!!

        #134 SonyaR

        • Jr. Member
        • 299 posts

          Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

          This is going to be my on going stress until those prices drop and I've locked them in for my guests. I hate this waiting game.

          #135 barbiegirl_27

          • Member
          • 946 posts

            Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

            Our newest TA just quoted $2100.....I refuse to lock this in at this point....I know these prices are going to drop!

            #136 Sheen811

            • Newbie
            • 34 posts

              Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

              I am getting married at Excellence Riviera Cancun in Mexico next May 2011 and we were able to lock in our rates as soon as Dec 09. I am using Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com and after all the research and comparison my TA Pam def got me the best rate that i can find(even for all the other resorts/destinations we looked into). This is supposed to be the beginning of the prime wedding season in Mexico and even some of our guests were shocked at how cheap the rates were.
              For 5 days/4 nights it's less then $800pp (all inclusive - minus airfare, since you can't book yet).

              #137 Oryx

              • Member
              • 727 posts

                Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

                So one travel agent told me today that prices are actually going UP and that we need to come up with a plan... WTF?

                And the other travel agent told me that prices are looking good and that she should have something close to my goal to quote me for next week (I'm aiming for $1500 - $1550 taxes in from Toronto). Easy decision for me if that quote comes through next week...

                #138 margin123

                • Jr. Member
                • 204 posts

                  Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

                  Originally Posted by SonyaR
                  This is going to be my on going stress until those prices drop and I've locked them in for my guests. I hate this waiting game.
                  I def agree! My stomach will be in knots until I can confrim a date and flight ..!

                  #139 japonick

                  • Newbie
                  • 78 posts

                    Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

                    We were running into similar problems when we tried to book Azul Beach and decided to change locations to the Dominican Republic and very glad we did. We got a much more cost effective option for us and our guests. There are many more people who will be able to come as a result of the switch. We were originally looking at almost $400/person/night. We did get a lower quote for the villa and Azul Beach but then Azul/Karisma wouldn't honor the quote. My TA battled and I battled...still wouldn't honor the quote, even though it was in writing. So we switched--

                    #140 nucci

                    • Newbie
                    • 77 posts

                      Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

                      Just heard back from the TA. She's suggesting to wait a little while before booking. The rated just came out and they always start high. Right now we're at about $1600 per person for 7 days in Mexico. I think this is ridic!! I mean the economy hasn't gotten any better and now with the oil spill in the Gulf they should be begging us to come there haha!! I'm just praying the rates do drop, so all my guests can afford to come!!

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users