2011 Prices

shurbgatza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
It feels like such a crapshoot... we are also leaving around January 30th and it's so hard to know when to book. I have one TA who is saying book NOW NOW NOW and another who doesn't think it's a problem to wait until early June to see if the prices come down. Who knows... the prices are still too high for my liking, so we are waiting one more month to watch the rates.

Barbiegirl_27 -- I notice you are from Halifax. We will be having a number of guests flying from Halifax and I'm worried that there might not be direct flights to Punta Cana at the end of January. Do you remember seeing direct flights from Halifax in the past? Hopefully my guests will not have to connect... ah I can't wait until we settle this stuff.
Renee,

I'm not totally sure about direct to Punta Cana, but check out Sunwing. They do direct flights from the Atlantic provices (at least they did this year!) When we first talked to a TA out here, she told us it would be $400 more to go direct from Halifax, rather than transfer through Toronto. I am really hoping that the prices go down come summer or even fall, and that we're able to get direct from here. I hate having to connect! I know what you mean about wanting this all settled....luckily our guests have backed off asking about pricing....for now!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 View Post
Renee,

I'm not totally sure about direct to Punta Cana, but check out Sunwing. They do direct flights from the Atlantic provices (at least they did this year!) When we first talked to a TA out here, she told us it would be $400 more to go direct from Halifax, rather than transfer through Toronto. I am really hoping that the prices go down come summer or even fall, and that we're able to get direct from here. I hate having to connect! I know what you mean about wanting this all settled....luckily our guests have backed off asking about pricing....for now!
Great, thanks for that! I hope it doesn't end up being too expensive for my east coast relatives. Be careful about waiting too long though -- my cousin got married at Dreams Tulum last year and the resort actually sold out near the end. A few guests had to stay at another resort and just pay the day pass for the wedding. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Great, thanks for that! I hope it doesn't end up being too expensive for my east coast relatives. Be careful about waiting too long though -- my cousin got married at Dreams Tulum last year and the resort actually sold out near the end. A few guests had to stay at another resort and just pay the day pass for the wedding. Good luck!
Oh thanks for that heads up....never really occured to me! i guess i'm just going to have to keep an eye on the prices!
Good luck to you too!

Hello Ladies in Canada,

I was able to get some good rates from ITravel 2000 through West Jet for next January. I was quoted $1411 taxes in. I will still wait for Air Canada and Sunwing and hopefully they will go down even more. My TA keeps telling me to wait till August. I told my guests to do the same. So far no complains...good luck!

Barbiegirl,

This wasn't a group rate, just the price of the internet so I am hoping it will go down even more. I ve been busy looking for invites, so many different options but I think I might try to do them myself. I really like pocket invites, ordered samples from Cards and Pockets. It might be a good project for the summer...lol

So, have you decided on the dress yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margret View Post
Barbiegirl,
This wasn't a group rate, just the price of the internet so I am hoping it will go down even more. I ve been busy looking for invites, so many different options but I think I might try to do them myself. I really like pocket invites, ordered samples from Cards and Pockets. It might be a good project for the summer...lol
So, have you decided on the dress yet?
Oh good to know....we've been going back and forth on this. I see some of the benefits of using a group rate, but at the same time if people can save a couple hundred $$ i'd rather that!

I actually ordered paper from Cards and Pockets as I was finding it hard to find the right sized cardstock here in Halifax. I made my own invites....the ones that look like plane tickets. I'm happy with how they turned out, but wish I'd done more snooping on here first as there are so many great ideas!

No dress yet....I'm heading out this weekend finally! My MOH has been super busy lately, and this is the first chance we're getting to go again! I'm starting to feel the pressure since she's going to be gone all of June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margret View Post
Hello Ladies in Canada,
I was able to get some good rates from ITravel 2000 through West Jet for next January. I was quoted $1411 taxes in. I will still wait for Air Canada and Sunwing and hopefully they will go down even more. My TA keeps telling me to wait till August. I told my guests to do the same. So far no complains...good luck!
That's a good rate ! If I were your guest I'd be happy w that! Are those two sites in Canada only? What resort(s) are you looking at ?

I am getting so anxious to book already! We decided to get STD/travel info packets out around mid May and include whatever the current prices are b/c our TA will price match if rates come down more! Hopefully they will! I hadn't heard about waiting till Aug. Did your TA say rates typically go down in Aug?

^ That's so good! A couple of the TAs I'm working with are saying....the price guests pay now are the prices they're locked into. I can see why they would say that BUT I have also heard offers like yours...where if it goes down several hundred, they will adjust for the clients.