2011 Prices

shurbgatza

Geesh, all you who are getting married in Jan and Feb 2011 and can't wait for the 2011 prices.... I'm getting married in April 2011 and it's already driving me crazy waiting!!! I hope April prices come out the same time Jan/Feb prices do...

I can't do anything until I know. Even my (potential) maid of honour hasn't committed yet because she wants to know how much it's going to cost before she says yes to coming.

And it just makes it harder that we don't even know where we're going, let alone which resort. It's basically all coming down to the best deal we can get with the list of requirements we're looking for.

So impatient!! I want to get this ball rolling!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually already chose my resort for May 2011, and I based it all off of 2010 pricing (which doesn't work for your Jan/Feb people, but does for the later ones!). I travel a lot, and I've found that prices for flights really don't change much at all from year to year. For example - I went to Cancun last May and paid $200 for my ticket, the prices for May 2010 are $200. My brother flew there 4 years ago from the same airport as me (DC), and he also paid $200. Last July I went to Hawaii for $800, we looked at going again in January 2011, and tickets are $800. So estimating flight prices based off of what they are showing up as for 2010 really should be fine.

Also, the same goes for the resorts, only they tend to go up about $20-50 from year to year, depending on the economy. If you do a group rate with the hotel now (but I assume most of you aren't, since you're waiting on airline prices), then you can actually lock in 2010 pricing. I spoke with several resorts (including the big ones, Dreams, Palace Resorts, The Royal PDC), and all of them were willing to set group rates for 2011 using their 2010 prices.

If you want to wait on airline pricing for package deals, then I would ask your TAs what the prices of some packages were that they booked for 2010 for the resorts your interested in. That way you should still be able to make a resort choice and book your date, even if you can't book travel packages just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies,

I just booked my wedding date of January 19, 2011 in Grand Riviera Princess. My TA is in the process of contacting operators to get the quotes from them. She said that we should wait with booking till July/August as this is when it's best to buy. I am hoping and she is sure that I will be able to get something just under $1500 per person. I will let you know what answers she gets from the operators.

Margret

For any Canadian Brides, I've gotten a number of quotes for Jan/Feb 2011. DR, Mexico & Cuba. Obviously Cuba is cheapest. They quoted me about $1600 for Dominican and Mexico for Jan or Feb but it also depends on what resort you're looking for.

I just wanted to give everyone an idea of what the top line price might be.

We've booked Panama for end of Jan and got it for about $1400.

Cheers & good luck with the search and booking!

May 2011 here, I'm currently on the edge of my seat, waiting for my TA to hear back from Air Canada on rates - apparently they tend to take a while, but she IS expecting them to give us a rate for May 2011 (Mayan Riviera) soon.

Glad to know I'm not the only one itchy to get some solid rates!

Our rate for Air Canada vacations is for January 15-22nd/ 2011. It includes direct flight, Airfare and Transfers (the full package). My quote to Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios is $1599 incl tax. we took the rate and were told when the 'actual' flight prices come out in June or July the quote may be lowered, so I'm happy with it. Our guests have till March 22nd to put $150 deposit down.

wow, that's a great rate for Jamaica! I really wanted to do it there, but was discouraged by the pricing! I'm so jealous but so happy for you that you were able to get such a great rate! Congrats!!

Our TA is currently MIA, so we're still waiting to hear about pricing for our resort, which I just went ahead and secured the date for since I just couldn't wait for the TA anymore! Fingers crossed it's not too costly!

Girls in Toronto, are you using an online or offline TA? I need to fine someone who my guests can meet in person.

However, I went to Flight Centre and first they told me they can't do anything for a 2011 edding yet (she even said I was looking too early...should be doing it 6-8 months in advance. Um, yeah right!) then she recommended their Group Sales consultant near me but apparently she's not in person, you just e-mail/phone her (defeating the purpose of using a local agent!)

I'm a little frustrated. sad.gif

We started with Flight Centre and I was not happy with them. We went in Jan. and were originally looking for Nov 2010, and they indicated that we'd left it a little late. We were still new to the process and got a little freaked out by that. They passed all our info the the group department, which yes, they only contact you by email. She kept going MIA on us. We ended up changing our dates to Feb 2011, to which she told us that the packages weren't available until summer, to let our guests know they'll need to pay a deposit then, and full payment by november. That was it. Period. No mention of even trying to secure a wedding date. She seemed to be focused strictly on group travel, and not anything to do with the fact that it was a wedding we were trying to organize. From that we found someone else to work with. Again we're doing it all by email. I would love to recommend someone to you, but don't know what's out in Toronto. Do you have Maritime Travel? They were highly recommended to us.