Photo

Valentine's Day Plans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:12 AM

My FI's birthday is Feb 15, so valentine's weekend and his birthday is a big deal....well at least to me.

Anyway, I have plans but he has to work at the last minute. We live about 3-hours apart...right now.

Sidebar: Plus it may snow <I am paranoid with the idea of getting caught in another snow storm>

Anyway, I have to rethink my plans!
    1. Any ideas, suggestions?
    2. What are you planning for the weekend?

#2 march132010

march132010
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:09 AM

Our Plays--- We are watching as money movies as we can, all weekend...

#3 Island Bride

Island Bride
      • 330 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

I would suggest meeting halfway at a nice restaurant! Every valentines day me and my FI go to this really fancy restaurant for dinner. Its a nice, relaxing time that is well deserved!

ps. Im SO jealous you live somewhere that it SNOWS!

#4 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

We're going to the Art Gallery of Ontario to see the King Tut exhibit (have been wanting to go for a while) and then out to dinner!
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 jenne

jenne
          • 278 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:21 PM

My fiance is in BC working for another two weeks and I am in Ontario, so we don't get to do anything today But I am going with some friends to see the movie Valentine's Day.

Island Bride, I am jealous that you live somewhere that it DOESN'T snow! We woke up to white this morning...
            Jennifer

#6 Dianna

Dianna
            • 358 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:44 PM

Dinner at the restaurant that we went to the night that we got engaged. I hope that your plana work out , maybe he will get done with work early! I hope so :)

#7 Mischaka

Mischaka
              • 969 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Me and the fiance will be going to dinner and then to a comedy show.

Just like Island Bride said...just meet somewhere in the middle. Have dinner maybe rent a room and stay for the night. Just enjoy each others company.

#8 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
                • 127 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

1. I don't know what your plans were, but are they something that can be rescheduled? Even if it's not on the actual holiday, it would still be nice to have a special night out some other time.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mischaka
                  Me and the fiance will be going to dinner and then to a comedy show.
                  2. FI and I did this last night (he has to work tonight) :) He invited my sister and her FI to dinner with us (without my knowing, so it was a nice little surprise), and then we went to a comedy show as well. It was fun, but that is as romantic as FI gets

#9 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
                  • 473 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas! I just love this group!! :-)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Island Bride
                    I would suggest meeting halfway at a nice restaurant! Every valentines day me and my FI go to this really fancy restaurant for dinner. Its a nice, relaxing time that is well deserved!

ps. Im SO jealous you live somewhere that it SNOWS!
                    Everything worked out...we did what you suggested. We met halfway and had a WONDERFUL weekend. Monday was a holiday for us so we also stayed over Sunday night.

It was a weekend long overdue. Because for the past 4 months we were so busy work, personal things and on and on....

#10 Jenamie

Jenamie
                    • 392 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

My mom was in town!

So me my mom and my DH went to a Marti grads parade and then dinner at a Louisiana themed restaurant, that's really nice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users